What actors would you choose?

Brotherhood

Gil
Stop and picture it for a moment - you log onto these forums to see a news article has been posted. Square Enix and Sony Pictures are teaming up to bring a Hollywood movie adaptation of one of the games in the series, little is known as yet except that it will definitely happen. Which Final Fantasy would you want to be made into a film, why and who would you choose to play the lead roles?

For me, I think that Final Fantasy X would make the best transition into a film. I just think the plot is simple enough to get to grips with in a short period of time and it has a enough drama to make a strong live action film. In terms of actors these were a few I had considered:

Auron (Robert Downey Jr.)
Auron (Robert Downey Jr).jpg

Kimahri (Ron Perlman)
Kimahri (Ron Perlman).jpg
Lulu (Kat Dennings)
Lulu (Kat Dennings).jpg
Rikku (Sarah Gadon)
Rikku (Sarah Gadon).png
Seymour (Joaqin Phoenix)
Seymour (Joaqin Phoenix).jpg
Yuna (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)
Yuna (Mary Elizabeth Winstead).jpg

Couldn't think of anyone for Tidus or Wakka though! Anyone thought about who they'd ever want to play their favourite characters in a live action version of another FF or indeed different people to play these roles?

I can see why you'd pick Robert Downey Jr. for the part of Auron. He probably could pass for a younger version of the character. However, I actually think Ian McShane would make a better Auron:
ian-mcshane_3340444.jpg

And maybe Mark Dacascos as Wakka. He's that fella from Brotherhood of The Wolf:
220px-Mark_Dacascos_cropped.jpg

Back