How hard/difficult is this game???

JackPfeiff

Gil
I just started playing it as a way to get back into role-playing after a short break, and I made it to the part where you have to defeat Jinn in the dungeon and was killed by a gang of 5 mummies and a skeleton (I could see Jinn on the screen, playing the fan translation btw) luckily I saved before I entered but I'm not going to go back right now, I'm still a little angry. I was level 6 with full HP when I encountered them, I heard that the end of the game is ridiculous, but I'm not even close to that part and I will never use a walkthrough again, it makes the game feel like a chore to me.

Anyway, the real question, how difficult is this game

Which version of it are you playing? I played the iOS version (same as Nintendo DS version) and it wasn't ridiculously hard. There are a few times when you have to grind, but not as much as other FF games in my experience. But I definitely found the beginning to be worse than the end in terms of difficulty. There's lots of good grinding spots once you're at a decent level, but at first it's easy to overwhelm yourself. Since it sounds like you have previous RPG experience, I'd say just stick with it and it will get better with time.

I certainly found it more difficult than II. The hardest part of the game that stands out for me is the Phoenix Cave. That was a real bitch.

Yeah ff3 NES was one of thebharder FF games at least in the beginning. what I do is pack a lot of potions and anything to cure status effects. I also noticed ff3 punishes u for getting side tracked without preparations. I died in several caves. They we're tough.

IMO, the hardest FF of them all. Only played the original version tho.

The final gauntlet is insane hard. Tower + Dark world, no saves

Yeah, if you're playing the NES version you probably have one of the hardest FF games. With that being said though it's nothing you can't overcome with a little preparation and maybe a bit of grinding too.

At any rate, I hope you have a really phenomenal time with the game and I wish you the best of luck on your adventure!

I have been working on this game off and on for awhile on the NES and DS remake versions. I had trouble with this one as well so what I did was restart the game and then grind to level 20 or higher first in the nearby tower in the castle which has random encounters, in the cave with the Jinn boss, and then in the mythril cave in the town where you first find Cid. I basically broke the game making everything else in the game a non issue to the point where I was actually holding my own with Bahamut when you first meet him although I had no choice but to run away because every time you attack him his health heals back to full so its pointless to attempt fighting him the first time. As anyone who may be reading this would probably guess how absurd and time consuming it must have been to grind to over level 20 in the extreme beginning of the game and you would be right which is why I was watching dragonball and gundam anime while doing it to make it seem much less monotonous.

Depends how you define hard? I can only speak for the remake version that is based on DS that is from iOS that is on Steam.

Like if you just plow through it without doing somewhat grinding then it can be hard. Basically this game rewards patience. So it really depends how you define as hard since if you wanna be a master, its kind of like pokemon. You want to be the Final Fantasy master, then leveling up jobs to maximum level is a good thing aswell as leveling up your main levels.

Back