Favourite Alcohol

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
So what is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

Mine used to be Jack Daniels for the longest time but I'm leaning towards Evan Williams and Virgin Bourbon these days. They're much stronger and satisfying for me.

Glenfiddich has to be one of my most favourites though. It's so smooth and you really don't need much of it to get you going.

Sadly it's also one of the most expensive. >.< Anywhere between $60 and $270 depending on the year.

This depends on the location.

At pubs I would always order Guinness (if they serve it). This is partly because I like it, but also because I do not like trying new drinks too much. It is much easier to make a decision if I know that the decision will be Guinness. I can avoid panicking at the bar when asked what I want, since I know beforehand. :argor:

At events that offer complimentary wine, I drink and love the complimentary wine. Sometimes I buy the occasional bottle of wine, and I love that too. I much prefer wine to beer or beer-ish things. I don't care for the names of the wines, or for the ages, etc, etc. If I had a pot of gold then perhaps I'd care about that sort of thing, but I just drink wine that I can afford currently, and try to get free wine where possible. Because I'm Dionysos and wine should be free.

At home I typically drink mead though. Mead is fantastic.

I do not do drinking for drunkenness though. For me it is only a manageable amount that I drink, and only for relaxation or calming myself. Nothing crazy for me.

60 -270 dollars for a bottle of Glenfiddich 8( wtf You can pick up a bottle here for £16
I didnt think it would cost that much when its imported over there ._.

In a pub i always start with pints of Tennents, Guiness or Stella Artois. Then i move on to Morgans and coke :hmmm:

Morgans Spiced has been my favourite spirit since i first had it. Its so easy to drink and does the job its meant to. You can only have half a dozen pints before you feel really bloated and they just dont go down anymore. Im Scottish but im not keen on Scotch, whisky at all. Vodka goes well with anything and its cheap too. So when money is tight vodka is an easy buy.

After last weekend I probably wont be touching any for a few weeks but usually my predrink of choice is Heineken or Budweiser then out in town the options of beers on tap are pretty shit so I usually get a Becks/Amstel depending on where we are.

Spirit wise it'd have to be Southern Comfort + Lemonade but I am a sucker for a bit of Jager too. Oh and sambucca !

Rum :griin: . Because of that drink, I ended up here. XD Rum with coconut is fantastic! (It's a Spanish drink, but I don't know how to spell it. :sad3: ) I shall ask for it again this Thanksgiving. Let's see what happens this time. Anyway, I also like the Lime-A-Rita drinks that are out there. They cover up the alcohol flavor with sugary taste, which is hella dope. Besides regular beer, these two drinks are all that I've been allowed to try. :hmph:

Beer, beer and more beer.

Some of my favroites are Radeberger, Erdinger and Newcastle. Also have a love for scotch and whiskey in general.

i mostly stick with lager, budweiser is my choice but i'm not really very fussy. bud on draught is incredible stuff, but sadly it's far too rare. i find it next to impossible to get blindingly drunk when i stick just to lager though, so if i'm going out i mix my drinks. kopparberg is nice, but very sweet and after a couple they get a bit meh. sambucca shots are a good way of getting pissed, but i have a magic number with them before i start throwing up and i'm not too sure what that number is. :hmmm:

when i'm in a nice local pub just having a quiet couple with mates, i like to do proper ales. house ales are perfect for when you're chilling.

I was trying to think of an answer to this thread, and I realised that I find a lot of different drinks enjoyable depending on the occasion. Everything from real ales and ciders, to manky student drinks like jaeger bombs and stupid sambucca and tequila shots. Or wine with a meal although I don't know anything about that shit, my Dad is a wine fanboy and my girlfriend is particular about it too.
But the drinks that really spring to mind are strawberry and lime Rekorderlig on ice, so refreshing and a lot less sickly than kopparberg in my opinion.
I'm also a bit of a granny and love a bit of gin and tonic, also very refreshing.
Cider has always been my drink of choice for a session. I like lots of real ciders that you find in more pubby pubs, which may only make sense to UK people. I had this one cider that had clove, cinnamon and some other spice which was like mulled wine which was absolutely beaut. Our local used to serve a cider called Addlestone's which is probably my favourite, goes down so well.
I also like a cheeky lager. When I went to Amsterdam with my Dad, we went on a Heineken brewery tour and had freshly brewed Heineken, tasted godly.

Eh, not a definitive answer. I love a drink so it depends on the situation and will drink almost anything. Even this shithouse cheap cider I'm drinking now from the corner shop. :lew: And if I get stabbed in a pub, I go straight back in and have another pint. :ewan::ewan::ewan:

i forgot to mention proper lagers. there's an amazing pub in the middle of manchester called sinclair's that's always packed. they only brew their own stuff lager, cider and beer, and i think they even do their own spirits too. they sell no branded drinks, only their own and their lager is incredible, as well as incredibly cheap.

I agree and I think it depends on the situation and what you feel like when you reach for a drink of whatever.

I like most drinks, unless it's straight up hard liquor and it's not mixed with some kind of chaser or something. Whiskey, vodka and a lot of that is nasty for me when it's by itself.

With dinners I like a good white or pink wine. Riesling is my all time favorite wine. It's light and sweet and so yum :ari: As for pinks, white zinfandel is my favorite. I stay away from the reds because they are pretty strong and go well with beef and I'm not big on red meat.

If I'm out at the bar or whatever I like some kind of rum drink, martini, gin and tonic, or mojito. Pineapple and Malibu is amazing and I could probably drink those forever and a day. Captain's and coke is another one. Martini's are fab except for the sickly sweet flavored ones :damon:

When I go out to the restaurants around here I like a blended margarita with a shot of patron in it.

I typically don't care for beer, unless its from the microbrewery at the state fair :( If it's my only choice and the only thing that's there I'll have the occasional Heineken, but I prefer Stella Artois.

...and if I'm at home or with fam I'll drink almost anything. Rum and coke, Malibu and fruit juice, wine, those kool-aid like alcohol drinks like Mike's hard lemonade :ohoho: and whatever we have laying around the house. I'm really not too fussed either way.

I'll drink just about anything, but I prefer beer.
If I'm out I'll usually have one of the cheaper beers, but a decent one, which are normally NZ beers, usually Monteiths or Macs. I'm not going to pay $12.50 for a pint of Heineken when I can get a pint of something that is equally as good for $9. However, I'm not going to buy some shithouse beer like Tui or Lion Red for $6. Prices vary depending on where you go. The place I usually go to has bottles of Heineken at the very reasonable price of $4.
If I'm not going out I'll get Coronas as they are my favourite.
As for spirits I normally drink them neat.

£12.50 for a pint :lew: that is absolutely mental. I mean some places here charge you over £4 and for the UK that is really expensive.
I felt ripped off in germany when i bought a rum and coke and it cost me 9 Euros. Not even captains rum either. Shitty havana club rum. The type they sell in bars on beach holidays in Spain and Turkey. 2 of them and 2 beers. The bill crippled me mentally.

The good ole days i guess lol 1/10/2016

Last edited:
i got a round in copenhagen of tuborg gold (which is really nice incidentally) that cost me 150 kroner, for 3 pints. that's about £6 a pint! i was mortified

I think tuborg is a turkish beer. Ive had it before but didnt think too much of it. Maybe a bad export or brew i dunno.
£6 a pint though is steep :lew: Going up for a round would be scary

Turkish beer tends to be pretty crap :lew:

Over there it was all Effes i think it was called. In the hot sun you really want a nice cold beer but that stuff was like really watery Stella :wacky:
Theyre imported Guiness was the most horrible thing ive ever had. I guess thats Turkey for ya

I expected Germany to have a good selection of spirits. I was pretty bummed out about having to drink havana club rum.

Crown Maple is absolutely delicious. That stuff smells and tastes like pancakes. When you mix it with Dr. Pepper? That is absolutely amazing stuff. It's great by itself too. Crown Maple is one of the very few that I can drink straight and it doesn't burn and taste like garbage.

Smirnoff Blueberry Lemonade is just fantastic. I don't care that people consider them to be 'chick drinks'. I love drinking stuff like that that has delicious taste and on par with beer in terms of alcohol content.
Haters gonna hate :mokken:

I used to love a drink they came out with called Sky Blue, not to be confused with Sky Vodka. It was only on the market for a few years before they discontinued it. They company said that they didn't want to compete with they other drinks on the market that were similar. Now if I drink it's usually a screwdriver or just something with some good 'ol vodka in it. It really doesn't matter to me what kind of vodka it is because after 3 or 4 shots and a few drinks they pretty much all taste the same to me =)

I used to love a drink they came out with called Sky Blue, not to be confused with Sky Vodka. It was only on the market for a few years before they discontinued it. They company said that they didn't want to compete with they other drinks on the market that were similar. Now if I drink it's usually a screwdriver or just something with some good 'ol vodka in it. It really doesn't matter to me what kind of vodka it is because after 3 or 4 shots and a few drinks they pretty much all taste the same to me =)

I looved Sky Blue. Although, I drank it when I was in like middle school. :S I didn't drink it to get intoxicated, I just loved how it tasted. The most I drank at once was probably just a bottle like two times.

I don't really have a favorite. I like whatever tastes good and I only consume hard alcohol when I'm on a mission.

I tend to down a couple shots to get me toasty and then I go for tasty fruit mixed drinks to maintain the buzz. I also occasionally drink wine for the supposed health benefits, but who knows if those studies are even factual, as I've come across contradicting articles too. :/

Back