Favourite Alcohol

I realize I posted in this not that long ago :wacky: But I've been a bit adventurous with our drinking. We moved on to trying different whiskies over the last year and I had a thing for Whiskey Sours like crazy (that heartburn tho -__-) My husband prefers it straight but I'm a wuss and need it mixed with something. Nothing to write home about in terms of specific whiskeys, but I had a really good liking to some 12 year Glenlivet that we had bought.

Few weeks ago we also get some Mead for the first time since my husband was curious. We picked up some Dansk Mjød Vikingernes and I really enjoyed that, so we may try around a bit more of that as well.

See you in another year when I've moved onto Moonshine or something 😆

My husband prefers it straight but I'm a wuss and need it mixed with something. Nothing to write home about in terms of specific whiskeys, but I had a really good liking to some 12 year Glenlivet that we had bought.

Unless you're one of those fortunate people that takes to whiskey straight away, it's definitely a drink that needs a little bit of palate training. I've always found people to marmite towards it - they love it or hate it, no middle ground. I love whiskey now, but despised the stuff a few years ago and certainly couldn't drink it without mixing. Now I drink it straight without mixing - other than Jack Daniels.

Got a couple of bottles at home (ironically, I'm not a big drinker!)
- Glenfiddich 12
- Glenlivet Makers Reserve
- Johnnie Walker: A Song of Fire (Game of Thrones)
- Johnnie Walker: White Walker (Game of Thrones)
- Jack Daniels (pretty much just for mixing)

My absolute favourite is Suntory Hibiki Harmony - it's very smooth and goes down very easily straight. The downside of that particular bottle... it costs about £60.00+ :eek:

My fiancee has tried to get me into gin but I've not really developed any palate for it; I can stretch to a gin bramble (which is actually super nice), but that is it so far haha.

Aahh gawd, this is gonna make me look like a lush. I used to drink really heavily in my 20's but I don't anymore. I still drink, just seldomly.

Whiskey:
Angel's Envy.
Jack Daniels.
Evan Williams.
Stedman's Select.

Vodka:
Ketel One
Permafrost
Tito's

Rum:
Kraken
Sailor Jerry
Johnny Walker Red Label

Beer:
Yuengling
Corona Extra
Budweiser
P.B.R.

Wooo so many alcoholics here (JK)

for me its beer: Erdinger (german), Grolsch (dutch), or a Hobgoblin (English)
Stronger drinks: Glenfiddich (Whisky) or any Bacardi (Rum)

I came across this post, I remember drinking some of these during my stay in Japa while visiting Artnia a cafe that lies a stone throw away from SE HQ which I, of course, had to visit :).

https://thedrunkenmoogle.com/tagged/final+fantasy+drink

Check them out there pretty cool

I came across this post, I remember drinking some of these during my stay in Japa while visiting Artnia a cafe that lies a stone throw away from SE HQ which I, of course, had to visit :).

https://thedrunkenmoogle.com/tagged/final+fantasy+drink

Those are some excellent cocktail ideas.
I'm not a big cocktail drinker but when I went to Glasgow for KupoCon I tried some Final Fantasy themed cocktails at The Summoner's Bar (itself aptly named). I can't remember the full range, but it included references to White Mages.

It was nice, but not quite as transcendent as trying something like that right next to the SE HQ. :O

Corona Extra

Even now? :thehead:

I haven't actually been drinking much during the pandemic. I still do every now and then, but not very often. I guess not seeing people makes a difference.

My favourites haven't really changed since my last post. Guinness, Mythos, mead, wine, etc.
But I guess I can add ouzo to that. I've only ever really drank that at Greek restaurants after a meal, but I got a bottle for my birthday a month ago and I've been having a little bit now and then. I quite like it. It takes me back.

Even now? :thehead:

I gave my father explicit instructions that if I end up with Coronavirus to sneak me a Corona Extra so I can have my Corona while I'm having my corona. :p

I have a couple shots with a friend of mine once a week and that's it. He's an old drinking buddy of mine from 11 years ago and is now agoraphobic and physically handicapped, so I go to see him at his place and we sip scotch throughout the day, but that's about it. I can't drink like I used to, the hangover kicks my ass too hard at my age. :ROFLMAO:

I started working in a bar a few years ago and my tastes in beer have changed a lot. I can't stand any kind of mass-produced lagers anymore (Carling, Stella, Bud and so on). I'm now probably a bit of a beer snob and drink only craft stuff. Living in Manchester I'm very spoiled with my selections - the craft beer scene in Manchester is incredible. I tend to gravitate towards NEIPAs, DDH IPAs and Hazy IPAs, but I will honestly give anything it's fair try. I love a good sour.

Throughout the first lockdown in the UK we were buying beer on a pretty regular basis as some breweries were doing same-day free delivery, so being sat out in the back garden was good. Despite all the shit of the last year, I actually have some very fond memories of the Spring/Summer.

I've also come across a few good spiced rums in the last couple of years - Old J Spiced is a great basic rum. Cut Spiced, however, is just something else. I'd fully recommend giving that a try.

Recently started making margaritas at home, but don't know much about tequila. Just bought some Jose Cuervo and went with that and it's been pretty good.

Was on a kick with Whiskey Sours for a while but started to get tired of them. Recently tried it with egg whites and can honestly say I am not about that life. 😂

Oh, and we had gone down to Kentucky last year and stopped in at the Four Roses distillery. Bought a bottle but when we decided to finally drink it this year the cork topper broke off the top and my husband got really bummed. He ended up emailing them to see what would happen and they were really nice about it and sent a new topper along with surprise goodies like a whiskey glass, two ice cube rose molds and a yeti cup. Was really nice & considerate!

Back