Favourite Alcohol

I used to love Aristocrat Vodka. The taste and smell is horrible, but it got the job done. These days it's Crown Royal Black and Captain Morgan, sometimes Hennessy. Nice flavor, and doesn't burn as much going down.

So what is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

Mine used to be Jack Daniels for the longest time but I'm leaning towards Evan Williams and Virgin Bourbon these days. They're much stronger and satisfying for me.

I love you.

Jack Daniels is my shit. The distillery is 2 hours South of Nashville (where I'm from) in the middle of a dry county! :D You can take a tour of the place and sample the goods, but you can't purchase any of it.

That's all we drank on weekends (my fiance, roommate, and I) along with beer, but then we fell into a financial rough patch while our roommate was deployed and started drinking Evan Williams 'cuz a 1.5L bottle of that was the same price as a 750mL bottle of Jack. lol

I love Jack though. Tennessee pride bbz!

I also like tequila reposado- my ex got me into Cien Anos reposado mixed with Squirt, and I like a good Pinot Grigio.

And of course beer. I'm a Southern girl and my dad is hella redneck, so naturally my beers of choice are Budweiser and Bud Light. I stick with Bud Light for the most part though 'cuz less calories, less heavy on the stomach. I drink Budweiser when I'm with my padre though 'cuz bringing anything else into his RV is unacceptable and blasphemous. :D

I do love Guinness Extra Stout and Modelo Negro, and recently I've gotten into Red Horse (Filipino beer). lmao My fiance and I met up with a friend for lunch at a lovely little Filipino restaurant in what's known as Little Manila and I had a couple Red Horses, but I kept calling it "Red Bull" and the server thought I was drunk XD

As far as mixed drinks, if anyone has heard of Logan's Roadhouse restaurant, they have what's called Roadhouse Teas and they've got a metric fuckton of alcohol in them. Servers & Bartenders are legally only allowed to serve 2 to a guest because there's so much in them- a mix of gin, rum, pga, vodka, sweet & sour, whatever flavored liqueur (I always got blue curacao), and a splash of Sprite iirc. So when I worked there, as soon as I clocked out after a lunch shift, I'd down like 3 or 4 of them and get a good buzz while waiting on my ride on the days I needed one lol... Yes, I have a high tolerance for alcohols.

Probably anything I get my hands on. I haven't been drinking for a long time so I haven't really gotten to the point of discovering my "preference." But I suppose I am partial to hard ciders and Dos Equis would likely be my favorite beer. I'd like to try and get around to trying more hard liquors buuuuuut that's money I'll have to spend at another time. I actually rather enjoy my light weight tolerance to alcohol. Some people go to bars and spend ten times what I do to get sauced. A couple of 12 oz bottles and I'm Jack Sparrow.

I have made a point to stay away from Smirnoff. I can't pace myself with those.

I dont drink but if I had to try one, it would be Bailey's bc its essentially like iced coffee lol. I've never liked the taste of alcohol n dnt feel Im having any less fun without it when I go out.

Captain Morgan spiced rum, or Crown Maple/Apple are my "go to". Captain is one of the very few that I can drink straight and just do shots. I love how smooth it is.
Crown maple mixed with Dr. Pepper is some of the best stuff ever. My God.

A week ago, I discovered that I LOVE espresso martinis. Two kept me awake for a good 8 hours afterwards though... and I had them at 10pm, so I didn't really sleep that night! :yay:

I'm a beer man, my dad will tell you the same thing even though all he drinks is Coors Light and the occasional shot of whisky...

No I drink it all! Because I love beer! Not some watered down poor excuse for beer!

We have a few local breweries that I frequent. Here in Nebraska we have Emperyan Brewery which puts out a few gems. Once of which is "Burning Skye", a darker scottish ale that is great. I also enjoy an IPA from time to time. Two that stand out are Boulevard's Frequent Flier (Kansas City), and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale (California)

Some season beers that are popular among my friends and I include leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (Lemonade/beer) and Shiner Bock Ruby Redbird (Grapefruit/beer).

Aside from beer I'll mainly drink tequila or vodka.

Probably anything I get my hands on. I haven't been drinking for a long time so I haven't really gotten to the point of discovering my "preference." But I suppose I am partial to hard ciders and Dos Equis would likely be my favorite beer. I'd like to try and get around to trying more hard liquors buuuuuut that's money I'll have to spend at another time. I actually rather enjoy my light weight tolerance to alcohol. Some people go to bars and spend ten times what I do to get sauced. A couple of 12 oz bottles and I'm Jack Sparrow.

I have made a point to stay away from Smirnoff. I can't pace myself with those.

I hope you don't mind me saying, you keep your light weight tolerance for alcohol. It'll benefit you in the long run. My cousin was fond of Southern Comfort. Used to drink I think at least a pint a day (among other things). He didn't live to see 40.

I don't drink that much and when I do not much - no buzz. I don't usually go to bars but on the rare occasion when it's close enough to walk home, I order a High-Ball, oh, sorry, they call it 7 and 7. I always throw the bartender off their game when I order it with the old name and again because I either order it with Crown Royal or Canadian Club. I can milk 1 drink for hours. I hate when people try to force a second drink on me. At home it's usually sweet wine, I mean SWEET wine. The stuff they call dry wine taste like lemon juice to me. As far as harder stuff, it's either Hiram Walker Amaretto & Cognac or just Amaretto or nothing. If I have 1 bottle of sweet wine and 1 bottle of Hiram Walker I'm basically set for 6 months or more. I only drink 1 or 2 ounces in a day and only when I know I don't have to go out anymore for the day or night and not every day. Also, I drink tea constantly and my friend always teases me because I will take a sip of alcohol and then chase it down with some tea. Even when I drink straight anything I don't actually drink straight anything because it's always with a side cup of tea. I sometimes go a couple months without anything and then 1 day and nothing again for another month, other times maybe as much as 4 or 6 days in a month. I drink for the taste, not for a buzz. I know some may think this makes no sense but if I want a "buzz" I put on music and I'm there. Moody Blues for that mellowed out feeling and a whole lot of others for bouncing off the walls. Yea, I'm weird.:wacky:

🤔 Has anyone changed their mind since posting in this thread?

I enjoy me some spiced rum & love making dessert with it. I'm not very adventurous though and don't drink a lot so I usually stick to just the Kraken spiced Rum or Captain Morgan's.

I'll drink light flavored beer water on warm summer days. :monster:

I'll drink light flavored beer water on warm summer days. :monster:

I go for the light beer on a summer day too! ^_^ If it's a cold day (usually the winter) then I go for the red wine. The only other thing I'll drink is sparkling or champagne for occasions like New Year.

Other than that, I don't really drink much else.

@DaggerTribal @charmy Do you guys like IPA? That one, I'll drink. Love the different flavors. In general though, I stay away from alcohol. I'll drink wine occasionally but my husband is the real wine connoisseur in the family. Collects the empty bottles too, which drives me nuts.

I've tried vodka (out of peer pressure from my aunts), and I swear I felt like it was burning through my throat. No thanks. I'll take sparkling apple cider any day!

@DaggerTribal @charmy Do you guys like IPA? That one, I'll drink.

You'd think I'd know my beer terminology since my husband is a beer snob! (His words, not mine!) but honestly I just drink the cheapest American beer available at the time like Bud light, Coors, Busch, etc... I'm sorry if I offend any of you 😅

I went through a Mike's Hard Lemonade & Hard Apple Cider phase. Mikes is too bleh for me now. I enjoy the cider in the fall months though.

I need someone to recommend a good wine for me! Every one I've tried (to be fair I haven't tried very hard!) was either too bitter/dry (Is that the same thing?) I must have the pallet of a child because I like mostly fruity wine. All the beer my husband drinks is too bitter for me, too.

Guess I'll be sticking with the beer water and my squid rum!

I clearly haven't changed much as my original post in this thread remains true, generally speaking. I still tend to drink Guinness on draft in bars.

I like mead as a treat, and also wine like my namesake in ancient Greek religion/mythology.

I suppose I can add to that the fact that at home I like bottled Mythos (Greek beer - it's myth in a bottle, so what's not to like about that?) and every now and then (once or twice a year, maybe?) I like to open a big bottle of limoncello and have a few sips every now and then.

Didn't post in here before but yeah, Bushmills black is my go to. It's very smooth and effectively knocks off the rough edges.

You'd think I'd know my beer terminology since my husband is a beer snob! (His words, not mine!) but honestly I just drink the cheapest American beer available at the time like Bud light, Coors, Busch, etc... I'm sorry if I offend any of you 😅

I went through a Mike's Hard Lemonade & Hard Apple Cider phase. Mikes is too bleh for me now. I enjoy the cider in the fall months though.

I need someone to recommend a good wine for me! Every one I've tried (to be fair I haven't tried very hard!) was either too bitter/dry (Is that the same thing?) I must have the pallet of a child because I like mostly fruity wine. All the beer my husband drinks is too bitter for me, too.

Guess I'll be sticking with the beer water and my squid rum!

Okay, so... beer recommendations: Hazy IPAs but they usually only come out in the summer. Tastes very fresh. Craft beers are nice too.

Wine: I'm guessing you like the sweet stuff, so white wine...uh what about white zinfandel? My husbland said I like that one a lot (lol I don't even know what I like because I don't pay attention to the names, but he knows my taste). If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, their Charles Shaw wines are very inexpensive but pretty decent. I get them for my family members as Christmas gifts. xD Two buck chuck!

@DaggerTribal @charmy Do you guys like IPA?

Not sure actually. I don't really see many IPA options when I go out, and for family events and things we usually have Corona or Asahi. But I'm usually happy to drink whatever beer is available as long as it is not too bitter.

@DaggerTribal - Sweet wines are usually the whites (which I don't really drink) so I don't have as many recommendations for you I'm afraid ^^; Though rose sparkling wines are quite nice - I drink a Latin American one we get here called Fresita but not sure if they sell it where you are. It's a nice strawberry flavoured one.

Woo. Yes! This is my type of thread lol yes I love drinking haha mmm I love drinking SOJU, Vodka, Wine (sweet)...I like my drinks strong LOL

As for beer, ehh. Not really a bear drinking but only time I do is when I'm tipsy and will drink anything!

Back