Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
General discussion, speculation and debate regarding Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII) can be posted here. From now on, please refrain from creating new threads that can actually fall under the topic of FFXV general speculation/discussion, unless of course, it discusses a specific topic that may be out of place in this thread.

For future reference, refrain from posting major spoilers in the thread. When spoilers start to surface as we near the release date, I will create a separate spoiler discussion thread.

So I been looking at the gameplay trailer of Final Fantasy XV and trying to analyze it and see if j can understand it.its very similar to kingdom hearts, command menu on the left and party's health on the right. I think the obvious is that Noctis can teleport using his swords. And depending on the sword, will make him use a different ability. I noticed the first sword, if thrown and hit, will make him teleport to where it hits. Noctis uses multiple swords during a combo. But it doesn't seem like it can be used that often. Another is how Prompto, and Gladiolus help Noctis in certain situations. I cant tell if its controllable or random or at a specific time. But I hope its controllable. Prompto im assuming makes oone shot kills, and Gladiolus blocks an attack. So im assuming these characters offer different assistance to Noctis. Im theorizing ignis and Cor offer different type of assistance aswell.I also noticed how strong these enemies are, even the soldiers dont die with one hit or combo. Plus Iron giants and behemoth dont even look like their taking any damage. Then there were bits of hand-to-hand combat, and some glimpses of controlling the party members like Gladiolus and Prompto, and evwn swimming. Overall this game looks great. The only thing I'm worried about is A)whether its open world, B) if there will be some form of weapon customization or so. Looking at how Noctis only used fire attacks, jm hoping individual characters use different magic types. But so far from what I seen, this game could compensate for all that.

I can imagine the "co-op" attacks probably being something akin to the cinematic action scenes where you have to push certain buttons at a certain time to trigger them off. I hope you get to switch between members in battle though. I think they were aiming for that with Versus. :hmmm: I recall some old gameplay footage where the player assumed control over Prompto (or whoever the blonde chap is) and you pretty much went into a third person shooter mode, where you had to aim your shots and so on. It would be interesting if each character has their own unique 'battle mode' like that. :monster:

Have you guys read the interview with Kitase? SE knew 2 years after the announcement (teaser) they would probably transfer Versus on PS4 instead. SE was lying all this time about PS3 version. Please wait for info please stay excited!

Fuck this shit man. I bought my PS3 for Versus cause it would be a PS3 exclusive and now it will be a ps4 title AND not stay exclusive.

Ha ha SE and FF is dead to me. Im done. Now lets wait for 2014 when or if it will release by then. KH3 l m a o when will tht release.

My ranting doesnt mean I wont stay on FFF and keep posting news threads now and then. I wont buy next gen consoles (I refuse to pay for basic online multiplayer) and I havent played a single FF title this current gen so I think I will survive without FF.

IF FFXV will also be released on PS3 only then I will buy it. As much as I want to play FFXIV I dont think I can afford it.

Have you guys read the interview with Kitase? SE knew 2 years after the announcement (teaser) they would probably transfer Versus on PS4 instead. SE was lying all this time about PS3 version. Please wait for info please stay excited!

Fuck this shit man. I bought my PS3 for Versus cause it would be a PS3 exclusive and now it will be a ps4 title AND not stay exclusive.

Ha ha SE and FF is dead to me. Im done. Now lets wait for 2014 when or if it will release by then. KH3 l m a o when will tht release.

Same... but then Uncharted came along :wacky:

Yup, SE were keeping it secret for a hell of a long time.

2014? Hehe... I would love to have it by then, but I do not think it is going to happen since KH III is also in development. 2018 at most (serious)

Best part is that Nomura already wants sequels.... like what? Focus on XV being a solid game!

I can imagine the "co-op" attacks probably being something akin to the cinematic action scenes where you have to push certain buttons at a certain time to trigger them off. I hope you get to switch between members in battle though. I think they were aiming for that with Versus. :hmmm: I recall some old gameplay footage where the player assumed control over Prompto (or whoever the blonde chap is) and you pretty much went into a third person shooter mode, where you had to aim your shots and so on. It would be interesting if each character has their own unique 'battle mode' like that. :monster:

Holy shit, that sounds awesome! :ohoho: That would be amazing. I already can't wait for this game, but if the battle system is anything close to this, it'll be one of the greatest games ever. Also if that happens, it would make me want to use all of the characters. I guess it would be a form of job system.

I wouldn't want a whole job system for this. I much prefer each character having their own unique style. In XII, it got to the point where you didn't have to stop and think about who you want on your team because they could all use the same weapons and magic. I would much prefer if they keep each character more individual. :monster:

Holy shit, that sounds awesome! :ohoho: That would be amazing. I already can't wait for this game, but if the battle system is anything close to this, it'll be one of the greatest games ever. Also if that happens, it would make me want to use all of the characters. I guess it would be a form of job system.

Job system isnt suited for actionn RPG. Also, I doubt their is one. I do believe their are certain classes though.

...I'm still not very pushed on this game. Versus looked like a decent game back in the day, but I never really showed an interest in getting it. Maybe I'd grab it for rent or something, but not to buy.

However, with that extended wait leaving quite a sour taste in my mouth, there's less of an incentive for me to get it now. Sure, they'll have to set it to a "higher standard" now it's a main series game, but I certainly won't be getting it in a rush.

Or a PS4, on that note. :hmmm:

'Final Fantasy 15' Release Date PS4 Not Until After March 2014; Game's Story 'Completely Different' from 'Final Fantasy 13'

12895.jpg

"Final Fantasy 15" Playstation 4 release date is still not confirmed by Square Enix even though it has showcased in a couple of expos. Recent reports have confirmed that the long awaited video game will not be released early next year.

Square Enix has revealed a list of games that will be available in the first quarter of the fiscal year that ends in March 2014 and Final Fantasy was unfortunately not listed.

The Square Enix game has been showcased at the PS 4 All Access in a short film, along with Kingdom Hearts 3. However, with not that much excitement; the video did not show any new footage of the game. The same video clip was previously shown at the Electronic Entertainment Expo earlier this year. The director, Tetsuya Nomura did say that the Expo trailer may have been "too early," compared to its actual release date.

More news on the "Final Fantasy 15"' release date was discovered on the LinkedIn page of one of the video game's voice over actor Jay Preston. Playstation Universe reports that Preston has "Finall Fantasy XV" listed in the "clients" section on his personal website.

As whether the highly anticipated video game for PS 4 will be similar to its precursor, "Finally Fantasy 3," is still up in the air, but the director Motomu Toriyama, confirmed that there will be some aspects that will be "completely different."

"You must remember, it was a long time ago that we named those three games: XIII, as well as Versus and Agito which we now call Type-0. Obviously those three projects were going to be developed against the backdrop of this Crystal trilogy, or Fabula Nova Crystallis. But each project has a different set of characters and they're set in different universes and worlds," said Toriyama in an interview with IGN.

"When Etro is mentioned in the context of XIII and XV, we're referring to the same goddess of Death. It's the same goddess, but how she's featured, how she appears and how she's involved with the story is completely different. They're different stories and different projects. So while it's the same character, her involvement is very different."

http://crossmap.christianpost.com/news/final-fantasy-15-release-date-ps4-not-until-after-march-2014-games-story-completely-different-from-final-fantasy-13-6799

Hi,
I am one of those Final Fantasy Fans that is not at all impressed by Square's new Final Fantasy ideas (ever since after FF XII). But I was curious to see what the trailer for XV looked like. And the game looks like it is going in a direction that no old-school FF fan would like. This is very much a fast-paced fighting game. Never mind the realistic contemporary setting - that can work. But the once you blast the gamers mind with overwhelming battle speeds there is not much 'fantasy' anymore just mindless button punching to get your adrenalin-fix.

Hi,
I am one of those Final Fantasy Fans that is not at all impressed by Square's new Final Fantasy ideas (ever since after FF XII). But I was curious to see what the trailer for XV looked like. And the game looks like it is going in a direction that no old-school FF fan would like. This is very much a fast-paced fighting game. Never mind the realistic contemporary setting - that can work. But the once you blast the gamers mind with overwhelming battle speeds there is not much 'fantasy' anymore just mindless button punching to get your adrenalin-fix.

keep in mind that this game is an action-RPG. unliek previous games that have had some form of turn-base.

the "fantasy" is all in what you look at. this isnt a turn-base game that is all about button mashing (unlike XIII). XV is an action-based game, meaning you have the ability to dodge and free roam. but also, look at the battles carefullly, Iron Giants and Behemoths look like their barely getting any hits. ALSO abilities such as teleporting. of course theres going to be button mashing, but it wont feel like it because everything you press happens in real time.

keep in mind that this game is an action-RPG. unliek previous games that have had some form of turn-base.

the "fantasy" is all in what you look at. this isnt a turn-base game that is all about button mashing (unlike XIII). XV is an action-based game, meaning you have the ability to dodge and free roam. but also, look at the battles carefullly, Iron Giants and Behemoths look like their barely getting any hits. ALSO abilities such as teleporting. of course theres going to be button mashing, but it wont feel like it because everything you press happens in real time.

Since I haven't played the game, I will not make up my mind, yet. Let's give it a few hours of playtime once it's out. But I guess I need a PS4 before then :)

Since I haven't played the game, I will not make up my mind, yet. Let's give it a few hours of playtime once it's out. But I guess I need a PS4 before then :)

if you ever played kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts 2, you've already got a feel of Final Fantasy XV. the game is based off of kingdom hearts gameplay. the game plays everything in real time, and you will have a menu on the corner for commands. so you can scroll through the commands all while moving at the same time. So i dont see how gameplay affects the fantasy if kingdom hearts (one of the most fantasy-like game SE ever made) has similar gameplay.

Also note tetsuya nomura confirmed the moves we saw in the trailer were advanced moves that we wont get to see in the beginning. so even though it looks like a complete button masher, what we're seeing are techniques that are far ahead in the game.

ALSO, we get to play as other characters, from what we seen we can ride weapons machines such as Magitek, and we can use hand-to-hand combat. so....i think we shouldn't be turning it down so easily if it offers this ammount of gameplay.

again, this isn't a turn basd game. the strategy of playing this game will be completely different.

And the game looks like it is going in a direction that no old-school FF fan would like.
I'm not sure about that. I've heard great praise come from both new age and old school fans alike, and that includes myself.

It's very much going to be a new experience for every player. The interface is going to be new, the story is something (almost) new, the setting hasn't been done before, and etc. I, personally, find it great with the direction they're taking. The only thing is the development time, and I find that's the main gripe from most of us.

But no, it may not be for everyone (once it's released).

I'm a newbie here. Hello. On the topic of FFXV and in general. It's not Final Fantasy unless it contains the spiritual essence of final fantasies I-X. I think it has things going for it as a supposed world map and it's said that airships can be used and controlled. Each entry from I-X was different in many ways but was a Final Fantasy. The fact that we couldn't control the airship in X was pushing it. XII was a decent game but it wasn't Final Fantasy and the story lacked meaning. Don't get me started on XIII. The story sucked and still no world map or airship. There stories have been too convoluted. X-2, XIII-2 and XIII-3 need to be burned. I also think they need to stop numbering the series unless that's a Japanese thing. Final Fantasy XXXVIII is a little weird don't you think. I'm not sure how this Kingdom Hearts stlye FFXV will turn out but if it's more action than RPG it's not a RPG. My history with Final Fantasy: FFVIII was my first game when it first came out, IX was my favorite, and I have played I-XIII including the English fan translated III on an emulator.

to me 12 was as much a ff as 1-10. also i believe action based games have made it in ff before. but also the series has been moving more and more action oriented since ATB system was introduced.

Yeah don't worry, you're not alone with that here. Games burned and Toriyama fired, yep. :P

But I disagree about XII, like Razberry said, was just as much a Final Fantasy as 1-10, was just kinda different. Still loved it though.

Was it Final Fantasy because it was in the title or because you really think it deserves that title. Big difference. I will say it was more "Final Fantasy than the XIII series was" but that's as far as I will budge. They either need to stick to the formula that is Final Fantasy or just create a new IP and grow a pair.

It had all the "requirements" of an FF title. sure not everything was upto par, but it was.

In FACT, i dare say it was more FF than FFX

Back