Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

Thank you Dionysos
Until now still can not. I am trying to uninstall it again..

Apparently quite a lot of people with the Microsoft Store version have experienced this.

There are some resolutions a couple of posts down there (marked in bold as 'resolved' or 'solved' etc). These fixes aren't working for everybody, as far as I can tell, but you might want to read them and decide whether any of these could be the right fix for you. Some of them are for PC, some for XBox.

Also see here:

It would be better if Square Enix or Microsoft sort out a fix for this (I'm not sure on which end the error lies). Looking at these posts, a lot of people have experienced something similar for a long, long time. You'd think it should be a priority thing to fix or address in some form, but either it isn't considered to be too important, or it is one of these weird technical glitches that are a headache to locate and resolve and might never be fixed.

Either way, I hope your game is restored soon.

ff15twit.jpg

Oh boy... This certainly triggered me this morning! Istill haven't forgiven S-E for pulling the plug on FFXV's 2nd Season Pass, I was hoping to go back to the game after all the DLC was complete but sadly it never came to be. I really don't feel this game of all FF's deserves any more time, if S-E can't even be bothered with it why should I?! ... Did I say that I was triggered? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 12551

Oh boy... This certainly triggered me this morning! Istill haven't forgiven S-E for pulling the plug on FFXV's 2nd Season Pass, I was hoping to go back to the game after all the DLC was complete but sadly it never came to be. I really don't feel this game of all FF's deserves any more time, if S-E can't even be bothered with it why should I?! ... Did I say that I was triggered? :ROFLMAO:

That Crazy Nomura account is stirring the pot again! :thehead:

The best we got after the cancellation was the book of short stories called The Dawn of the Future. Which wasn't too bad, and in a way acted like a finale for the FFXV franchise (or an alternative timeline version? It gets muddy). The stories contain aspects of what had been drafted for the cancelled DLC chapters, however it would have been excellent to be able to actually play these stories too. Being able to leap as Aranea, or use zombie-Lunafreya's dark miasma abilities. And the character of Sol seemed really interesting, and I would have loved to have seen her character realised in-game and not limited to the novel.

At the same time, pretty much all of this was unprecedented in the franchise. Usually these games are self-contained stories, or when Square Enix expand beyond them then it is usually to tell an additional story (an actual sequel), rather than to clarify or plug the gaps in the core story of the game itself. But for FFXV, in a relatively short space of time they released not only the game and DLC, but a film, a book, a fishing game, a pinball game, a side-scrolling sidestory game, an anime series, an abridged and amended 'pocket' version of the core game, a multiplayer expansion, and more. Much more if you count things like the Platinum Demo as a separate product (which I do, essentially, since it tells an important part of Noctis' story that players do not get to see during the main game).
I can understand the person or people who attended a Square Enix meeting and convinced everybody that FFXV had done enough, since we have things like that for no other game (except perhaps FFVII, but that has been spread over decades in a much wider compilation).

And yet there are still aspects of FFXV that fans still want to see, and play, precisely because plans had been announced (too early) and then cancelled.

Back