Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

The only thing that is wrong with this game IMO you can't play with the other characters that in our party. I was excited to play as
Gladiolus
I like Noctis a lot, he's great. But the other characters are also good to me especially Gladiolus.

But well, i won't be complaining about it a lot because Noctis is enough, I guess.

Also, my first post here. HI
First off, hello and welcome. ^_^

Regarding not being able to play the other characters, I think I'm going to be okay with that. Noctis alone has a huge range of abilities, weapons, etc at his disposal, so I don't predict there will be a shortage of ways to play him. That should fill the "void" of not being able to control the other characters.

Although, in the VR version of the game, I think you can play as Gladiolus in the first person perspective. I'm not sure if it's throughout the whole game, or just at certain points, though.

Although, in the VR version of the game, I think you can play as Gladiolus in the first person perspective. I'm not sure if it's throughout the whole game, or just at certain points, though.
That is Prompto you can do that with.

Havent played it, dont intend to but I've seen enough gameplay videos over the last few years and feel the exact same way Conan does about it lol:

Recent project: Final Fantasy 14: Stormblood is slated for a summer 2017 release
Are you are a fan of video games? Obviously you are because you're on this forum. Anyway, if you want, check out my channel by clicking the image below!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MichaelBrown250/status/798468562109116416
There is a sub-forum on this site dedicated to anything FFXIV related. This sub-forum is dedicated to FFXV. Hopefully a mod will move your post to where it belongs.

Only a week or so left to go. Who here is getting this on release?

(Little disappointed not to see much XV discussion going on in this board tbh, was hoping to migrate here from gamefaqs for a troll/spoiler free environment but oh well.)

(Little disappointed not to see much XV discussion going on in this board tbh, was hoping to migrate here from gamefaqs for a troll/spoiler free environment but oh well.)
This forum is past its hay day of being very active. There will be some discussion here on FFXV when it releases, but it may not be to your expectations since some people will approach it being optimistically cautious. If you wish to seek out a more active forum in regards to FFXV, then this one may satisfy you better: https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/

XV doesn't look to be that bad. I personally couldn't afford it yet. I'm also rather afraid of completely sucking at it, since even looking at the battle system confused the hell outta me. I watched a LP of it and well, my sig and avatar may give you an idea of what happened to me afterwards XD

hey guys just registered here and was hopeing some of you would like to pop over to my twitch where i stream final fantasy XV. im kinda new to twitch and a very very small channel but hey we all gotta start somewhere right :D
https://www.twitch.tv/marty_bell please give a follow and come join the chat

I'm at about 55 hours on game time now and absolutely loving it. I'm going through now and doing all of the side quests, hunts, and all that stuff. My goal is to eventually get a platinum trophy on it.
I've been wanting to start Persona 5, but I can't put this game down.
<3

I would actually put this game in my top 5 for FF games. The story was not as Fleshed out as I had hoped and the areas I could travel to I felt a little limited, but overall I loved the game. The way the bros interacted with another and how it was such an open adventure. It was really fun and I would honestly play it over at some point.

I'm at 72 hours now and I'm level 72. Still chugging along and knocking out marks to hunt. I have alot left to do to get prepared for the Adamantoise fight. So yeah, that'll be fun :P

Just started playing this again this week and been trying to nab down a lot of easy sidequests early on to get then out of the way. I'm only about 15ish hours into the game or so but I really don't mind it so far. It hasn't quite captured my attention like old FFs have so far, but the goal of gaining achievements has motivated me a bunch to try and 100% as much as I can of this game.

Just finishing up Chapter 2 and my characters are all around level 25s.

Is this thread about the smartphone app?

Not specifically, but until FFXV Pocket Edition releases there's no harm discussing it here too. So far as we know, all the story content is identical. Just keep in mind that not everything will apply when discussing Pocket Edition versus the console/PC game.

I don't even own this game any more, I've just become fed up with the whole 'saga'. (That said i did like Kingsglaive..)

I could tolerate some DLC XIII-2 had colluseum monsters, which I wasn't thrilled about but adding DLC which should have been there or to fix the story jsut proves what a mess this project was/is. The other problem is that I have beat Final Fantasy XV, so then to insert sotry/timeline related content after I have had that experience does not entice me to go back at all. i would have embraced the content in continuity to my progression but haing to go back to it I simply wouldn't be in the mind set to feel involved.

As soon as I saw the Royal Edition, I called quits. I already had the Season Pass but this Edition had more content that Season Pass couldn't include - BS! What is worse is that this isn't the end of it. We're getting a Season Pass 2 which has still nto been shown - How could S-E pass up E3, they had their own damn conference and didn't even push this? I'm so done with this game and don't want it continuing into 2019. I was hoping mid 2019 there would be a Complete Edition, so I could get it when S-E finally get their £$%& together, I'd be willing to try it again eventually but still 2 years after the release it feels unfinished and a mess.

I'm a big fan of the series, so for me to go to the point to sell the game speaks volumes on how they messed up big time. I'm really hoping Kingdom Hearts III or future titles don't go through this torture.

I think that speaks more toward your own distaste for downloadable content. Which is fine of course. There is a strong argument to be made that they messed up with the story, because they were trying something different. But the story was finished in the initial release. People were upset about certain aspects, so the most vital changes were added as free updates. But none of them finished the story. It was finished at launch. Whether you feel satisfied or not, I think they should be applauded for going to such lengths to support the game with so much free content, and make changes people wanted to see.

Meanwhile, the season passes are astonishingly low priced for the content you get. So I can't really find much to be upset about there either, beside the fact that I personally don't love all the content they come with. That's what you as the consumer sign up for though, if you choose to buy a season pass before all the content is out. Meanwhile, the Royal Edition was designed as the initial PC release, so it's not really fair to criticize them for also making it a package people can jump into on console for the first time. It's just an extra for people who haven't played yet.

Funny that you brought up Kingdom Hearts, which already did the same thing you're criticize XV for, but locked the vital story bits behind five+ different pieces of hardware, and full priced, pretty poorly made games. That to me is much more offensive than what they're doing with XV. You are not entitled to all future content for a game. It cost money to make, so it's fair that they charge for it... again, particularly because it's so much cheaper than most season passes.

I get why it upsets you :) But arguing it's bad business is ignoring the intentions of these additions entirely.

Last edited:
Not that anybody cares (and it's probably old news at this point anyway but meh), but the final 4 major DLC far as I know will be Episode Ardyn, Episode Luna, Episode Aranea, and Episode Noctis. I don't know if that will be the official names of those respective episodes. I'm looking forward to Ardyn's and Aranea's episodes the most. Noctis episode I am spectacle of since the FFXV base game revolved around him so much.

I have a small sample size thus far, only about 12 hours of playtime, so it isn't much.

So the battle system isn't the greatest to me. It's a little closer to Type 0 than older FF's. It's not that it's bad, per se, but I like the old turn-based systems better. And I'm not too keen on the whole using Noctis only thing, I'd like to change it up every now and again. At least Phoenix Downs aren't such a rare commodity in this game.

I think the thing that bugs me most though is the whole day/night dynamic. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was a little closer to real life (no not minute per minute in game time). But it's like I play for 10 minutes after waking up, then it's night again and time for bed. It's tough to get a little momentum going when I have stop what I'm doing to run back to a resting place. Then that's to gain experience as well, instead of gaining it actively. I can understand and appreciate that they wanted to do something different to change the experience. But I think these changes represented more of a negative effect. If I could run around in day-time hours for like a good hour, then I wouldn't mind as much. I do like the element of day/night for the sake of scenery and enemy dynamic, it's just too fast of a clock. I suppose if I can handle the night time creatures, it won't be as bad, but the clock is still too fast, and I need to cash in my experience anyways.

Maybe these gripes will ease up some over time when my party gets tougher and I grasp the gameplay more.

For positives, I do like that I can listen to old FF soundtracks in the car. I've bought every one I've come across so far. It's epic to listen to Find Your Way, The Oath, Battle on the Big Bridge, Sunken Shrine and Sunleth Waterscape while on a commute. So far money is easy to come by, which helps for bulking up the party and preparing for the long road ahead (pun intended and not intended). And I do like the Skills aspect like Fishing and such to give everyone a unique exploration ability.

I might come back for another review when I'm further along. I think we'll see some good vibes going forward though.

Back