Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

I recently made the jump and bought an Xbox One so I'm excited that this game will be coming to that platform as well as the PS4. It's said to be a whole sepearate game apart from any game that's been released so far, but will still have a Fabula Nova Crystallis connection to it. I was reading that duri ng the cut-scenes in this game, the users will be able to still control their main characters to make it interactive. There's been a bunch of cool ideas they are throwing into this game to make it stand out. Not sure which direction it will go or what other FF game it will closely remind us of, but I'm glad a crystal theme has returned.

I was reading that duri ng the cut-scenes in this game, the users will be able to still control their main characters to make it interactive. There's been a bunch of cool ideas they are throwing into this game to make it stand out. Not sure which direction it will go or what other FF game it will closely remind us of, but I'm glad a crystal theme has returned.

Is the interactive cinematic thing gonna be like FF8? Like on Dollet Tower where you could run around while the satellite was being built around you?

It looks to me like there will be some FF7 influences at least. Like the emo-looking character/s and the dark city setting at one point. We'll see! :lew:.

Is the interactive cinematic thing gonna be like FF8? Like on Dollet Tower where you could run around while the satellite was being built around you?
Wow, good question, I had not thought of that. I haven't played FFVIII in so long that I totally forgot that this feature may have already been featured in an FF game already.

It would make me think of like say when Kuja destroys his home planet of Terra in FFIX. The party you are controlling is on Terra and must escape. The cut-scene/FMV starts when Kuja goes nutso and swirls around and spits fire and all that crazy magic stuff. WHile the beautiful cut-scene of the destruction is taking place the FFIX party that you are controlling is running for their lives by you pushing the joystick as far forward as possible and jumping over obstacles and such. SO you kind of dictate the graphics AND fate of your characters all while the camera is rolling in a more crisp way.

That's just an example of what we might see.

I think we might have release dates for this game coming soon. A couple of websites are listing that Final Fantasy XV is now up on the Playstation Japan website and Xbox One Japan website.

Playstation Japan: http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/ps4ff15.html
Xbox One Japan: http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/xbox-one/games/ffxv

This Microsoft Japan site : http://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/news/Press/2014/Apr14/140423_xboxone_02.aspx
is said to be a press release in Japan that Final Fantasy XV is a launch title for Xbox One which would be September 4th of this year.

No such news for the PS4 specifically but I would suggest that they are waiting to release the game at least in Japan first when the Xbox One launches there.

If it is not a world-wide release and just launches in Japan first we may not see it until next year.

Yes it's still an action game...

PS.........Harrison Ford is confirmed along with Mark and Carrie for
Star Wars Episode VII

including Chewy

no Jar Jar

hmm...i've seen press releases to be false before. but just because its a launch title for another console doesn't mean it will come out for that console first. i've seen that issue with the gameboy.

i dont know. its very shady and no site has taken a look at it. but its still entirely possible to being a launch title for xbox one and still come out for ps4 first.

hmm...i've seen press releases to be false before. but just because its a launch title for another console doesn't mean it will come out for that console first. i've seen that issue with the gameboy.

i dont know. its very shady and no site has taken a look at it. but its still entirely possible to being a launch title for xbox one and still come out for ps4 first.

Yeah it's shady at best and not really confirmed. The Japanese sites are real at least. I'll take any info at this point.

Its microsoft thats making the confirmation alongside kingdom hearts 3, which has been confirmed that ff15 will release before kh3. so....i'm not going to believe it until i hear it from SE itself.

I really looking forward to this game and the direction SE is going with it's gameplay. I looks so full of action and it looks flashy and that excites me. :3 I just hope that all that glitters is gold in this case, as they have had a WHILE to get this game done right. I am kind of bummed they aren't giving out any info at E3, but as long as the end product is awesome, they can hide the game in the mexican landfill where ET is buried for all I care until it's release.

So, there's not going to be any news about XV at E3.

Look. Look at how surprised I am. So surprised. Such shock. Much alarm. Wow.

Increasingly, I just feel like Square-Enix needs to take Tetsuya Nomura out to the grassy meadow and tell him to think of happy things. He's produced three games that were absurdly bad now, and XV is rapidly becoming Square's Duke Nukem Forever. It doesn't help that apparently as early as late last year he was wanting to change the game entirely to turn it into a musical.

That was last year? I assumed that was some idea that was scrapped quickly at the very beginning.

It was apparently after he saw Les Miserables, and Les Miserables wasn't released in Japan until - well, it came out in cinemas in late July 2013, and out on DVD in Autumn/Winter 2013.

EDIT: The film with Hugh Jackman, I mean. Not the musical. Or the book.

It was apparently after he saw Les Miserables, and Les Miserables wasn't released in Japan until - well, it came out in cinemas in late July 2013, and out on DVD in Autumn/Winter 2013.

EDIT: The film with Hugh Jackman, I mean. Not the musical. Or the book.

Lol, oh no! Final Fantasy game based off a film with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe.

i'm worried with the latest information....is anyone else getting the a pokemon vibe where we have access to only certain areas by routes? When they asked about the fully explorable world, Tabata sort of evaded saying it was completely free-roam world.

And when they mention that the game is like a guys road trip, i'm even more worried that they will be relying too much on the car for travel.

i'm worried with the latest information....is anyone else getting the a pokemon vibe where we have access to only certain areas by routes? When they asked about the fully explorable world, Tabata sort of evaded saying it was completely free-roam world.

And when they mention that the game is like a guys road trip, i'm even more worried that they will be relying too much on the car for travel.

I'm not too worried. Most FF games involve a journey and you only have access to certain parts of the world at a time.

I would imagine it'll be something like FFXII
Exactly how i'm imagining it too, and that bothers me....keep in mind though that FF12's overworld was all on foot. Now Tabata is pushing emphasis on car travel, and thats what i'm worried about, that the game will just be solely road trip-like travel. We wont get on an air ship to travel or we wont get to see. I'm imagining just heavily spaced out areas with some landmarks and some small areas with groups of monsters to level grind.

Exactly how i'm imagining it too, and that bothers me....keep in mind though that FF12's overworld was all on foot. Now Tabata is pushing emphasis on car travel, and thats what i'm worried about, that the game will just be solely road trip-like travel. We wont get on an air ship to travel or we wont get to see. I'm imagining just heavily spaced out areas with some landmarks and some small areas with groups of monsters to level grind.

I think we'll still get other types of travel, but I think the world is going to be a lot bigger, and so walking on foot is going to be swapped for taking a car. A bit like in FFVII where they took cars and trains instead of walking. When you think about real life, people don't walk everywhere, so I think that's why they're incorporating the car into the journey. Because it makes more sense when travelling over vast distances to do it in a vehicle.

I think we'll still get other types of travel, but I think the world is going to be a lot bigger, and so walking on foot is going to be swapped for taking a car. A bit like in FFVII where they took cars and trains instead of walking. When you think about real life, people don't walk everywhere, so I think that's why they're incorporating the car into the journey. Because it makes more sense when travelling over vast distances to do it in a vehicle.

Asa gamer, i still prefer a smaller, walkable world where most of the things are closer together rather than a heavily spaced world to the point of having too many things too far apart. In the end, one is more appealing than the other.

Car travel makes sense, but only for certain areas, i would still like areas only accessed on foot, or airship. the problem is that the way Tabata explained it seems to be car travel will be the main form of travel, in fact its the main "theme" of the game. and i see more limitations to gameplay features.

For example: Lets look at Wind Waker where the so-called appeal was to travel on a slow boat in a vast sea. even if the boat was faster, traveling through large vast of land to the point that you would need a vehicle to move faster is pointless....

to me this truly a real red flag.

*shrug* I guess I'm just not willing to make assumptions about it. I think it's a bit of a leap to assume that just because there's a lot of car travel, that there won't be areas where travel by other means is necessary or available. I don't really see how travel by car would make FFXV much different to other FF games. Most of them have had worlds where travel over vast areas was present, but either the technology was not present for cars, or, more fittingly, the graphics meant that vast areas were technically much faster to travel because of the limitations. If FFVIII were remade for instance, I think car or train travel would be the primary way to get around. I don't really see why that would be a bad thing. You could still get out the care and roam about if you want to.

Back