Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

Was it Final Fantasy because it was in the title or because you really think it deserves that title. Big difference. I will say it was more "Final Fantasy than the XIII series was" but that's as far as I will budge. They either need to stick to the formula that is Final Fantasy or just create a new IP and grow a pair.

Why would I be saying it's Final Fantasy just because it has it in the title? Dude I'm not stupid, I'm more analytic than that. Besides having different names for the summoned monsters (going back to the original name "Esper"), and a different combat system, I can't think of any way it stopped being traditional to the franchise. Keep in mind they're still RPG games. They still have to appeal to people who play RPG games, not just people who struggle to cope with games making changes. XII introduced a lot of new stuff, and by making the game more open to change, it's actually doing justice. Anyway, you thought X was pushing it because it didn't let you control the airship, which tells me that you find the slightest change overwhelming. Lol, X was my favourite one and pretty much felt like an upgrade in every way to the PSX games, and I think it's enough that the game even had an airship. I don't know about you but I don't think it would have been very consistent if you could suddenly see the entire world of Spira in landscape view, followed by a soundtrack similar to when you control the Ragnorak.

P.s. To follow on with what Razberry Knight just said about it possibly being more Final Fantasy than X, I think it's pretty silly at the end of the day to even argue about this. Seriously if we just keep going "It's not Final Fantasy enough because of this and that" all night long we'd just look like a load of angry fanboys.

Why would I be saying it's Final Fantasy just because it has it in the title? Dude I'm not stupid, I'm more analytic than that. Besides having different names for the summoned monsters (going back to the original name "Esper"), and a different combat system, I can't think of any way it stopped being traditional to the franchise. Keep in mind they're still RPG games. They still have to appeal to people who play RPG games, not just people who struggle to cope with games making changes. XII introduced a lot of new stuff, and by making the game more open to change, it's actually doing justice. Anyway, you thought X was pushing it because it didn't let you control the airship, which tells me that you find the slightest change overwhelming. Lol, X was my favourite one and pretty much felt like an upgrade in every way to the PSX games, and I think it's enough that the game even had an airship. I don't know about you but I don't think it would have been very consistent if you could suddenly see the entire world of Spira in landscape view, followed by a soundtrack similar to when you control the Ragnorak.

P.s. To follow on with what Razberry Knight just said about it possibly being more Final Fantasy than X, I think it's pretty silly at the end of the day to even argue about this. Seriously if we just keep going "It's not Final Fantasy enough because of this and that" all night long we'd just look like a load of angry fanboys.

They do have to appeal to people to people who play RPG's. I am one of them lol. Elder Scrolls is Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy should be Final Fantasy. As far as the Esper stuff or all those little details, all that stuff can change, story changes, I love change. I'm talking mechanics and game structure more than anything. I'm not saying your stupid. What really they should do since the worlds they can generate are so large they should have fast travel but also give you the option to traverse the world on an object that is faster than running speeds. I mean how far do people want to push it. If people start saying oh it doesn't have chocobos it's ok, or no moogles, no party, no rpg, no story, it's ok..If this generation wants to push it to an action and meaning less drivel they can have it I just won't be a part of it, and haha on the load of angry fanboy Jdead. Like that youtube video of leave britney spears alone waaawaaawaaa. Imagine if that was a fanboy of Final Fantasy lol. I am a fan..but I'm a big boy and if they don't want to create the Final Fantasies that I and most people want so be it. They can have have it their way

Please watch your language. Calling others blasphemous is rude regardless of context. And please combine your replies in one post in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

As a sidenote, this argument is also going off-topic.

Please do not reply to this post. Any questions or concerns, please PM me.

They do have to appeal to people to people who play RPG's. I am one of them lol. Elder Scrolls is Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy should be Final Fantasy. As far as the Esper stuff or all those little details, all that stuff can change, story changes, I love change. I'm talking mechanics and game structure more than anything. I'm not saying your stupid. What really they should do since the worlds than can generate are so large they should have fast travel but also give you the option to traverse the world on an object that is faster than running speeds

I see. Didn't X have a fast travel through the airship, or am I getting confused with X-2? But yeah, I loved the fast travel in XII, that's what made it feel like an open world to me. Well, apart from it being an open world in general, with open fields and deserts and towns full of people who talk about different things, and open markets everywhere giving you option to shop from who you like. What I loved was that the map was huge, but even with every chapter or level, you could still theoretically walk from one side of the map to the other if you wanted.

Edit: Uh oh, I'll make it on-top again. I hope XV has a similar thing to what I said above in terms of map navigation!

Yes. Final Fantasy XV the way Nomura is saying it will be I am looking forward to. If I offended you Razberry I apologize. Final Fantasy XV.....Final Fantasy XV...

anyways, we will most likely get airship control and even some form of car control. so this will probably go back to its roots then even latest FF games regardless of turn-base RPG because its still an action/command style game.

anyways, we will most likely get airship control and even some form of car control. so this will probably go back to its roots then even latest FF games regardless of turn-base RPG because its still an action/command style game.

Lol, car control, that'd be a first. But it would be cool, I saw screenshots of Noctis standing by a gas station the other day, thought that was epic. I love how real to life this looks compared to the other games, like at the end of the gameplay trailer you see him hiding behind a wall from a Behemoth, in what looks like a parking lot.

I was going by the assumption because we do see alot of car driving in the trailers even when traveling outside of their city. I think the approach of this game is just make everything base on real life.

The only thing that doesn't seems to be the monsters and the airships. but Noctis will probably get a different airship that looks closer to real life's.

Lol, car control, that'd be a first. But it would be cool, I saw screenshots of Noctis standing by a gas station the other day, thought that was epic. I love how real to life this looks compared to the other games, like at the end of the gameplay trailer you see him hiding behind a wall from a Behemoth, in what looks like a parking lot.

You could control cars in VIII. They had cars to rent in the game. The cars in XV look really cool.

This might be known by now, but here is a link to an internal document from Square Enix Europe about possible release dates for Final Fantasy XV:

http://thegameinquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/UK-Release-Schedule-30th-Jan-2014.pdf

It is said that this is placeholder timings only though. One would think it won't get pushed to 2016.

While I'm skeptical about the game-play being challenging and fun, I'm anxious and hoping that E3 will shed more light on this new Final Fantasy.

This might be known by now, but here is a link to an internal document from Square Enix Europe about possible release dates for Final Fantasy XV:

http://thegameinquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/UK-Release-Schedule-30th-Jan-2014.pdf

It is said that this is placeholder timings only though. One would think it won't get pushed to 2016.

While I'm skeptical about the game-play being challenging and fun, I'm anxious and hoping that E3 will shed more light on this new Final Fantasy.

Well as long as that's the only delay we'll hear about until an actual release date is confirmed. When a game delays its release date, does that necessarily mean they're putting more work into it, like testing for bugs and making it smoother, or even extending game-play? That's what it seemed when Ubisoft delayed Watch_Dogs, and in that sense it just feels necessary to avoid getting a game that looks rushed and tacky in every way; like Lightning Returns and Assassin's Creed III and IV.

I'm just mentioning other games by different companies to get my point across, hope this isn't classed as going off-topic.

This is something though not very much.

Here is a link to Squareportal that contains a music track entitled Omnis Lacrima. It is music that was in the trailer for Final Fantasy XV. The music is by Shimomura Yoko Nijuugo. There is also a link in this link that leads you to the CD that the track is from. The CD is a collection of game music from Final Fantasy XI, XIII, and XIII-2 including bonus tracks. The piece Omnis Lacrima is a bonus track on the CD.

http://squareportal.net/2014/03/26/...from-memoria-the-very-best-of-yoko-shimomura/

For a quick listen to the piece Omnis Lacrima from Final Fantasy XV, here it is:

I really like the way Final Fantasy XV's music is shaping up. Far better than XIII's music. I shook my head in shame when Square Enix included the song "My Hands" by Leona Lewis in Final Fantasy XIII

This is something though not very much.

Here is a link to Squareportal that contains a music track entitled Omnis Lacrima. It is music that was in the trailer for Final Fantasy XV. The music is by Shimomura Yoko Nijuugo. There is also a link in this link that leads you to the CD that the track is from. The CD is a collection of game music from Final Fantasy XI, XIII, and XIII-2 including bonus tracks. The piece Omnis Lacrima is a bonus track on the CD.

http://squareportal.net/2014/03/26/...from-memoria-the-very-best-of-yoko-shimomura/

For a quick listen to the piece Omnis Lacrima from Final Fantasy XV, here it is:

I really like the way Final Fantasy XV's music is shaping up. Far better than XIII's music. I shook my head in shame when Square Enix included the song "My Hands" by Leona Lewis in Final Fantasy XIII

This is like, a 5x better version of the one I've been listening to!

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto said that Final Fantasy XV development is going smoothly and that the development for new scenes in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix have almost wrapped, confirming that production is coming to a close. He also teased more information on the remaster soon.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/09/fin...ing-smoothly-square-quashes-x-3-rumours-more/

20130613_final_fantasy_15.jpg

Argh wha'? They've ditched the Assassin's Creed robe wearing guy. :(

That's not confirmed or denied. That's just what the small image header on the site shows.

Here's something else:

Bravely Default developer shows off more of the tech that made Final Fantasy XV’s debut so stunning

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/07/b...hat-made-final-fantasy-xvs-debut-so-stunning/

Square Enix is using a rendering engine called Yebis 2 developed by Silicon Studio in Final Fantasy XV.

Not for the sake of being pessimistic, but not to get our hopes up (mainly me). i'm wondering what are the things we didn't see in the trailer that we wont ever get to see but somehow expected?

For one, i'm wondering about towns, villages, something like that. Sure, we've seen these large city capitals become battlegrounds, but i'm not seeing any towns that play as "towns" i have not seen any NPC interaction and i would hate for this to be another FF13 where we just heard them in the background.

Some of the gameplay looked really REALLY orchestrated, like some situations you can't have as much free roam. but that makes me wonder how much free roam is there really is? i dont doubt that there isn't free roam at all. i'm expecting a world-map type of world.

Dungeons. since this game si designed to be like kingdom hearts, one of the things that kingdom hearts technically lacked was "Dungeons". i suppose "worlds" count as dungeons...but i dont think they do. I want to see the return of dungeons in this series. and optional dungeons too.

that sword ability looks great, and i know Nomura has assured us the moves we saw were very advanced, but i'm still worried about how the multiple sword mechanic works. it seems to be all show. Like Nomura only added multiple swords to play homage to Cloud's Fusion sword. I would like the swords to have specific abilities or stats. Or perhaps specific enemies are weak to specific swords. but i'm not so sure of that ever being in there as SE said they originally wanted to make the swords "random" sort of like Gilgamesh in Dissidia 012.

One more concern is the characters. i'm seeing some pretty straight forward characters, and the only one that might win it all is Noctis's split personality and shyness. but i'm hoping for maybe that one character that really mixes it up for Noctis.

I'd like to see a battle with a foe from start to finish. It did seem orchestrated. Most of all I'd like to see the leveling system they are doing, the world map, dungeons, towns, and NPC interaction. I'm with you Razberry on all that. I "hope" E3 will shed more light. If it doesn't...I fear the worst...If they do another leveling system like the crystarium I'll puke......the music is good though :) well.....so far...

thats true. the music is great. but most of the time, trailer music doesn't make it in until the end. i need to see a full play through of a boss too.

For me, i dont want an intricate leveling system. i prefer just a straight forward leveling system for this type of game. unless there's "jobs" in this game, maybe. but i doubt it.

Back