Uploading Avatar doesn't have any transparency

Channizard

Me Gusta
Veteran
Gil
I remember having an issue with this with my old avatar but I can't remember how it got fixed... I tried saving the avatar as a png and a gif, and it uploads with the ugly white box around it. I've tried uploading it, and linking it. I'm tried, grumpy and I haven't had my nap today.

<--- Look at this! Look at all that ugly white space!

halp pls

The reason for this is because the image isn't a .png

If you want transparent pictures, they need to be saved as .pngs, also, uploading on the forum doesn't help either, because most of the time it will say that the image size is too large.

You need to first upload your png to an imagehost, like imgur or tinypic, then copy that URL and paste it on the avatar section.

Yeah, I never upload avatars direct to the forum. When you said you tried uploading it as a .png, did you put it on an image host? :hmmm:

I've done a so-so job of getting rid of that white, so you could always try this:

MeGusAva_zps6bf32f1e.png

Just grab the url and stick it in your ava.

I didnt try imagehosting it... I alwaus juat uploaded with the drop down bar from my comp... and I did save it as a png :raye:

Thanks Welshy :ari:

Clear backgrounds, aka renders will not work uploading through the forum - you must use an image host for these and copy paste the url. The forum will auto-white-background any image that has transparent spots.

Back