KHII Did you like the first part of the story?

I thought that Roxas's costume was much better than Sora's from the first one, and since I hadn't (and still haven't) finished CoM I just said: "Okay, don't know who the new guy is, but he's obviously much cooler than Sora, especially the final battle against Axel.

Oh, and I really liked the fact that he was trapped inside a computer-generated world.

Wake up, Roxas....

DiZ has you...

^_^

longest...tutorial EVER i liked fighting twilight thorn though and i dont think its why kh1 was more popular it was probably less popular because it was so damn easy...

It was a bit long winded I thought! It became boring after the 2nd day and I couldnt wait to get back in control of sora!
So no I didnt really like the start of the game

Have I posted here already? Eh, I forget. Screw it.

I loathe the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II. I'd replay the game more often if I didn't have to endure 4-5 hours of utter boredom at the start.

I actually enjoyed the beginning, Since I hadn't played CoM (still haven't) I had no idea what was going on and I kinda enjoyed wondering what the hell was going on, where Sora was, and who Roxas was. so yeah I liked the beginning and preferred it to the beginning of KH1 possibly because it seemed a little more mature

The Beginning of KH2

Oh. My. God.

Kingdom Hearts II had the best opening to any RPG I've played. And I've played a lot. Keep in mind though, I didn't play Chain of Memories, so I popped the disk in not knowing what to expect.

Right from the get-go, I knew something was wrong. The way the game started out with "Day 1" and you see Roxas throw himself out of bed, I was already thoroughly confused. It seemed as if KH2 had shifted his attention from Sora to Roxas, and Sora would no longer have any influence on the game (which I knew was wrong; I looked at the cover). When weird things started happening, I was freaking out so much. Nothing was connecting, nothing made sense. The way S-E threw random tidbits of Organization XIII and other aspects to clue the gamer off to what might really be going on was a terrific move for the plot.

None of the hints clued me off, though. :P

When the nobodies came and you had to go into that mansion and they had all of those movies and cutscenes, any speculation I could have made was thrown out the window. I might have even become somewhat frustrated (I don't remember, it was over a year ago), but I kept trucking on, trying to absorb all of the pieces to puzzles that I was given. It never once crossed that mind that actually playing CoM might've helped me understand what was going on.

It wasn't until the very last second of the introduction, when Roxas steps into that amazingly white room and Sora/Donald/Goofy are revealed that everything clicked. I remember standing up and yelling at the TV, and wanting to pull my hair out. Although I didn't know that
Roxas was Sora's nobody
at that point, everything seemed to come together in the dramatic reveal.

Overall, the introduction brought on so many emotions:
  • Confusion
  • Joy
  • Anger
  • Frustration
  • Mischievousness
  • Depression
  • Awe
  • Surprise
And it was poetically (that is my favorite synonym for EPICLY) done. I loved it, and I can't wait until I play it years from now and forget how everything comes together. :)

Tell ya the truth it have a great opening, I know that the job crap is annoying but you have to concentrate on the game.

So yea it have a great opening.

i like the way it looked like the start of a new story, i thought the nerf fight things (clash or something it was called i think) was genius i wish we had that in real life, and i liked the idea of playing day to day like in persona 3

Yeah, I really didn't like Roxas at all. I think he is an overrated character. I love KH2 better than KH1 but I wasn't too keen on the beginning.
i was like SCREW THIS GUY! GIMME SORA BACK!

I was pretty confused seeing as i have hadnt played KH1 previously. I did really enjoy the opening playing as roxas but i wish you got to play more as him when he was uberpwning as the organization. I thought perhaps at first this game wasnt going to be about roxas but then as the story progressed i began to understand it more.

I liked playing as Roxas in the beginning because it helped you feel closerto the character. If the creators hadn't put that there we would all have been slightly confused.

I LOVE Roxas' world.. <3 I wish you could play the whole game as him in some ways. ;-; The first time I played the game I was utterly confused, though, as I knew NOTHING about Chain of Memories, so I didn't like it. xD

i thought it was good because it was building up sora behind the scenes instead of you starting as him you started as roxas who i thought was a cool character

I hated it.....sure it was good to "build up Sora behind the scenes" as some of you have said.....but man those little mini games and all the mini play fights were boring.....3 hours of all of that.....my brother almost payed me to do it for him.....

I hated the roxas part at the begining, yes the story was ok i just did not like it because its purpose just seemed to be teaching you how to play the game and after a while got very boring i just wanted to get into the actual game. the other reason why i didnt like the begining was because if i wanted to play the game again for any reason then i would have to go through the whole begining and tutorial of how to play the game which takes ages to do.
i think it would have been much better if it was more based around playing the game and the story than being too much of a tutorial.

At first when I played through I was ticked that Sora was not being used at all. I had no idea who the hell Roxas was and his friends were annoying. The only part I liked was driving that skateboard around and seeing Vivi.

Otherwise, once I found out more about Roxas and his connection to Sora, I warmed up to it and it all began to sink in.

The beginning with Roxas was cute and interesting, but goddamn did it take longer than it should have XD
If they hadn't drawn it out so much, I think it would have been more enjoyable.

yeh, that's true.
it was sort of irritating. i was like, "is sora even coming on?!"

wth. but it's kinda okay cuz then you get to see what roxas was like. if he just came in at the end, we wouldnt know how he was like, and stuff. idk what i'm saying. xP

Back