Nintendo Super Smash Brothers 4.

Anyone playing this right now? I'm really enjoying the 3DS version. While it is missing somethings and the small screen does take a bit to get used to it is a nice appetizer until the Wii U version arrives. We should have some 4-man matches since beating up 2 more people will be more fun than just beating up on the Sprout! Anyone interested?

After having played this for a wee while, I can say that the characters are really vast and varied. Loving it so far, especially online mode with mates. The stages are really nice, as is the music that goes with them. I do find the 3DS analogue stick to be a bit fiddly for such a fast paced game, but otherwise, I have no problems.

I'll still be buying the Wii U version, considering I really feel like I'd play a home console version more, but that's not to say that those without a Wii U should skip the 3DS version. It's great. :monocle:

EDIT: I beat Al more than he beats me. He's a turd.

I've always sucked at this series. I had Mash Bros Melee and Brawl and it was a fun game to play with the family. I'll be excited to play this game whenever that will be. I've always like Nintendo like with Mario kart and Mario party they're entertaining games, for sure.

I think the 3DS version of this game leaves a lot to be desired. Even with the XL, the screen simply is not large enough for the best possible experience. It also lacks some of the outstanding features of the Wii U version. But hey--it's not like anyone expected the 3DS version to be on the same level as the Wii U version.

Overall, I'm really happy with Smash Bros on the Wii U. The roster is excellent, though the decision to consume three slots for blatant clones like Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit is perplexing. They could have easily been included as alternate costumes much like what they did for Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, Robin and female Robin, female and male Wii Fit Trainer and so on...

Also, online play is still rough. Very few customization/friend options. Not sure why that still is. Nintendo's competitors have been doing online gaming pretty successfully for years now.

I played the 3ds demo, thought it looked decent and ran fine on a small portable system, but I couldn't get into playing it with my 3ds, i'd rather use a controller and see it on a bigger screen. will purchase it for wii u at some stage.

The game is BEYOND awesome. I lose so much hours of study time just playing online. I currently frequent For Glory 1v1, but I sometimes dabble into for fun free for all. This game really took me back to the days of playing with my cousin and his friends in our own little tournaments. The game is awesome beyond words and they really took the cake with this one.

Back