Why does spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that much of it's to do with Survivor. All those Survivor thread titles (a lot of them with vulgar language and imagery) appearing on the Latest Replies box when flaming is part of the competition this year is probably something staff wanted to avoid having. Either that or there were people complaining about how spam often takes over Latest Replies.

I thought survivor was in a differnt category?

And if thats true you gotta love holding a competition then keeping the posts hidden from the general forum. That is top notch logic.

It's nothing to do with survivor. Some people are so offended and disgusted by the spam section that even seeing the title of a spam thread in the newest replies bit is too much for them. So @wethestaff decided to remove them from the newest replies.

Spam has been hidden from the newest replies due to it not being a contributing "forum" section, all showing was spam threads.

To pull focus more on the community events and posts. (Shrugs) don't care for spam, but I personally like all the threads showing up in the newest replies, but yeah... That's the case.

But it pulls in conversation??? It doesnt matter how shitty it might be or might sound its still a big part of this place.
I thnk its a pretty crappy decision

I personally don't think spam did any harm showing up in the newest replies either.

But yeah... Hope it answers your question.

ps. Easy way to check all the newest threads/posts - hit new posts a little bit above the shoutbox.

Aye thats the question answered for sure. Bit of a poor decision from the staff but it is fit it is ken

Cheer kira

The techies are working on getting an option for people to select which forums they want to see in the latest replies. Until then, spam won't be appearing in the newest replies.

It is basically what I said. Which is why they are happy to inconvenience people who post in Spam. Because it is very annoying to keep clicking on New Posts every 5 minutes to see whether there has been a new thread. Can you imagine how apeshit people would go if they couldn't see new Are Pee threads, or new GFX threads? @wethetechnicalstaff have been working on it for what must be around a month and still nothing. Personally I think it's a compromise between deleting Spam which some members and probably some of @wethestaff want, and not deleting it. @wethestaff even asked people if they should get rid of it not to long ago. I mean god forbid we have posts about Martin Ssempa in spam, yet it is fine that there are so many fucking stupid threads elsewhere, 'What colour is Cid's hair?'

But it pulls in conversation??? It doesnt matter how shitty it might be or might sound its still a big part of this place.
I thnk its a pretty crappy decision

well there is a "what's new" button at the top of the header

you'll be able to see what threads have posts in them pretty frequently if you just check it every <5-20+ minutes or check the forum every day

Unfortunately, it is impossible to please all of @wethemembers so we are trying to make some compromises. I'll check with the techies for an updated status but for right now, spam will not be in the top 5 stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back