Weirdest compliments you've ever gotten

Ugh i cant figure out how to edit my post on my phone, thst is the most unfortunate litter of typos hahahahaha

“You cry pretty” - I was probably younger than 10 still and my neighbour who’s two months younger than me and I fell out and we’re sitting on the stairs and clearly I’m an emotional wreck and she said that to me randomly.

——

“Whoa... doesn’t her voice sound really sensual?”
“Yes, sexy!”

Dentist assistants........... absolutely cringe.

Back in high school, I used to wear my hair up in a ponytail all the time. It was also really thick and a bit frizzy so it wasn't a slim, silky looking ponytail like most people.

One girl I talked to told me that my hair looked like a "fluffy cushion" :LOL: I'm sure she meant it as a compliment (she was super nice) but I'm not sure if I wanted to compare my hair to a cushion.

I think I mentioned this years ago in another thread, but one I'll always remember was after my very first kiss with my first boyfriend. He knew it was my first kiss, and moments later he said, "I'm surprised." That's all he said at first, so I asked, "Surprised about?"

"You don't kiss sloppy like other girls."

Lol, gee thanks? Not really something I wanted to hear at the time, but I remember feeling confused as if I didn't know whether I should feel insulted or complimented. It was borderline compliment but it just felt weird. Like why would you say that to someone who just had their first kiss? Was he expecting sloppy in the first place? Gosh!

The first kiss happened out in their driveway, btw...which happened to be right across the street from my house. How romantic.

I had another one yesterday after I got home from work.

I parked the truck and saw my neighbor sitting in his car as usual. He was parked in his parking space. I saw him in the corner of my eye as I was walking and pretended I didn’t see him, because he talks my ears off... (I got stuck talking to him for half-an-hour while I still had groceries in my arms a couple years ago).

Anyway, he saw me and stepped out of his car. He went on and on about something I didn't understand... it’s hard to understand his speech because he slurs a lot and laughs at his own jokes - and he's usually drunk. Then he said, “Every time I see you I get inspired by you. Do you know what inspires me about you?”

I smiled politely and shook my head no.

“Cock-a-doodle-doo! Ahahahahaha!" He burst out laughing at his own joke which made me laugh my ass off, and I didn't even know what I was laughing about! But it sounded weird and hilarious at the same time.

Pretty sure he was drunk again. Not sure if that was even a nice compliment, but it was most definitely a strange one.

Back