How did you first kill the final boss?

Zeroxys

Blue Mage
Gil
Clearly Spoilers ahead :P

How did everyone kill Jecht on their first or only playthrough of FFX?
I personally killed him on my first playthough with no summons and no ultima weaps. it was a struggle for sure, but i ended up getting it. then i replayed the whole game again, got all the ultima weaps besides LuLus, got all the summons and owned Jecht super hard lol. nearly 2 shot him with overdrives from the Magnus Sisters. but anyways, how did you kill Jecht?

Normally. On my first playthrough I tend to just play through normally without going for 100% completion and so I think I was probably slightly underpowered when facing him but still beat him.

I ended up with a Game Over quite a few time against him(not as bad as Seymour's fight @ Mt. Gagazet). Severely underdeveloped with horrible items, I honestly just threw whatever I had at him until he went down. I believe I relied on Quick Hit and Yuna's Summons. ._. I just wanted to say I beat it.:awesome:

OMG, I don't remember, actually...I didn't even remember Jecht was the final boss. Let's just say I have no clue how I managed to complete FF10 - I think at the time I just had so much energy to complete it since I had been wanting to get my hands on it and play it after hearing so much praise about it and seeing so many posters and signatures of the characters on here.

I DO remember fighting him...he was that big red thingy, right? In that moonlit, block-filled world...? By then, Tidus and Auron were hitting 9,999, so...I think that's how. I just kept bashing him, healing, and I may have used Yuna's Aeons to prevent my party from being too damaged. My first time around, I didn't care for the other characters; my main party was Tidus, Yuna, and Auron. Wow! How DID I beat this game, lol? I was such a master when I was little, lol.

Hmm, by that point I had levelled up like crazy because I was expecting to be in for the fight of a lifetime with this. This resulted in me being rather overpowered and able to beat him so easily. I was very disappointed. :(

I first killed the final Aeon boss without much trouble. I really wanted my Auron to go down Tidus's path, so I grinded heavily... By the time I got to that boss, I was too overpowered.

Though, I did think he looked pretty interesting so it wasn't a total letdown.

Plus, I could've made it harder by not using Lulu, Tidus or Auron- my primary team. :hmmm:

All I remember is using Yojimbo against the second stage..let's just say I got lucky. Felt very dirty at the end of the battle, though. :(

I actually remember quite clearly how I beat FFX. I was spending the night at a friends house that night and he wanted to watch me beat it so I must have tried the final boss 3 or 4 times before I actually beat him. I probably got lucky.

As for the strategy...It was so long ago but I think I used haste on everyone, limit breaks, summons, the works.

It was a long, long time ago, in a bed room far away. Lol Spira was under an attack and all that good stuff. Basically when I play video games I play to win so I had ultimate weapons maxed out and sphere grids filled completely and killed him in 2 hits... Yu Yevon was interesting though, at that point I was so used to killing things fairly quickly as you can imagine. But it was so tedious and frustrating -.- I did think it was interesting that Yu Yevon makes you invincible..

I needed the Magus Sisters, I just couldn't seem to beat him without them. Perhaps I was a little underpowered, but I was defeating everything in my path with ease until I encountered Aeon Jecht, then it was just pwnage in all directions. I'd like to try without them next time, maybe my strategy was a bit off or I was missing something that would make the battle easier.

I remember it being a struggle to even try and beat Jecht on my first play through. I was rotating through all my characters like crazy. I only had 4 people with their ultimate weapons (Rikku, Tidus, Yuna and Auron were the only ones.) made Wakka his own because it had Break Damage Limit and a bunch of good stuff. But I only used my aeons as tanks to try and absorb a lot of damage from Jecht. It took forever but it was a good fight.

I remember beating Jecht used to be such a pain in the rear end for me, not anymore though.

For my recent playthroughs, i've made my team so OP that they can go through anyone. Basically, if you get Yuna and Lulu to learn Flare and Doublecast, the entire last portion of the game becomes a cake walk. Not to mention having Aeon's Overdrives stocked before a big boss battle is a godsend.

I had kinda weak Aeon's at the time so I did use them in the final battle with Braska's FInal Aeon. My final blow against him was with Wakka's Ultimate Weapon which I had powered up really strong due to obtaining the Jupiter Sigil in Blitzball. I did defeat him on the first go-around, and it was a pretty intense battle.

When I play final fantasy I come to complete and win the game...I always get the final weapons and level up to max and do all the side quests etc...

So to be honest If I remember correctly I think I one shotted him with the final weapons. If not 2 or 3 but its been a while and I remember the whole walk through sin was a joke for me at that point.

To be honest, I had way more trouble than I should have had. After 5 failed attempts, I decided to grind until all the Aeons has a full overdrive Gauge (along with Yuna herself), and once I got to the second phase of the fight, I unloaded Bahamut’s Overdrive, then used Grand Summon to use it again, then I unloaded Valefor and Shiva, and that was enough to finish the job. On my current playthrough I’m going to try to beat him normally, since I honestly feel a little guilty for beating him by abusing this game’s Summon mechanics.

I used Yojimbo against Jecht, who kept dodging every one of his auto-counterattacks. As for Yevon I can't remember.

I was just 9 when I first played X and managed to defeat him on the first play through. Jecht is one of the easiest 'final bosses' I've ever fought against, including Yu-Yevon. There was no technique really and during my first ever play-through, I didn't possess Anima or The Magus Sisters. :')

Back