FF12 - Why does everyone hate this game?

Fuck.For the millionth time internet I AM A FEMALE. I HAVE BOOBS. I swear in the last three years I've been here I've said at least six times that I'm not a male. I even spend ages using PINK writing. :rage:@ Raz Nice, that's cool. You like FF XII. That's fine. You keep on loving; but I don't and I believe that even FF XIII yes, the one that's infamous for being believed as the " Worst Final Fantasy ever " is ten times better than FF XII. But that's my opinion, and I'm a girl. Thanks, I hope that you can respect that as I respect your opinion that you like FF XII. If in your opinion FF XII is a awesome-sauce game, then sweet- ass bro, I don't.
I dont think ive been here for a year. And sweet, so am i. Hense the razberry name. Anyways...i. respect ur likes, but ill continue to defend XII's regardless of taste. Cuz to me, one game has technical issues than the other. But meh...im tired. I just want a new ff that isnt XIII.

EDIT: Your opinion varies way too much. First you mention the good qualities of ff12 over 13. Than you say you barely hold it over 12 for two characters, hope and sahz, now the greatness of 13 is 10x over ff12??????? Can u stick with one??

Xii is better than xiii, because in xii you dont have plot holes, and offers great gameplay. As a game in general it is better than XIII. Taste has nothing to do with it. A FPS is better than XIII. Because as a FPS, it offers what FPS are suppose to offer. XIII however, offers no disicion making.

Overall i hate XIII with all my heart because it had the potential to do it right. Xii on the other hand at least tries to be a game worth enjoying. But xiii is a whole movie where you get the feeling the characters in ff13 are saying "cant believe their buying this horrible story". I mean it looks good, but playing it, it gives off the smell of a scam more than a game trying to please you.

Last edited:
Anyways...i. respect ur likes, but ill continue to defend XII's regardless of taste.

Sweet.

I just want a new ff that isnt XIII.

Final Fantasy XV is a bit overdue and we haven't even got Versus yet; it could be a while.

EDIT: Your opinion varies way too much. First you mention the good qualities of ff12 over 13. Than you say you barely hold it over 12 for two characters, hope and sahz, now the greatness of 13 is 10x over ff12??????? Can u stick with one??

This thread was about somebody asking why some people don't like FFXII though I was trying to be unbiased towards both sides. To make this clearer Final Fantasy XII is my second least favourite Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy XIII is just barely above it. I don't think that Final Fantasy XIII is a masterpiece and I will agree with somebody if they say that Final Fantasy XIII is hugely flawed.

Xii is better than xiii, because in xii you dont have plot holes, and offers great gameplay. As a game in general it is better than XIII. Taste has nothing to do with it.

That's your opinion. Yeah taste does have something to do with, because Final Fantasy XIII does have it's fandom, and it's cool if they love it or even prefer it over FF XII; you can't say " taste has nothing to do with it " when it does.

Overall i hate XIII with all my heart because it had the potential to do it right.

K. That's your opinion, and kay.

Xii on the other hand at least tries to be a game worth enjoying. But xiii is a whole movie where you get the feeling the characters in ff13 are saying "cant believe their buying this horrible story". I mean it looks good, but playing it, it gives off the smell of a scam more than a game trying to please you.

Again, sweet. That's your opinion and that's nice. But it's your opinion.

I tend to review things. And even if i hated XII, i would still recognize that it offers more than XIII as an RPG. I will forever deny this as an issue of personal taste. Whenn one mentions plot holes, their usually not opinions. I dont like FPS but even i know when a FPS is good or not. but overalll your admitting bias on your part if you try to push everything on taste. fandom has nothing to do with it. XIII fans enjoy the graphics more than they ever did in any other series. Not only that but gameplay is drastically eas.. it had potential bit only went half way. And fans know how easy it is. Its as if they forget games are meant to be chllenging to a degree. Its an interesting idea but not one suited for ff. And as similar to 12 when it comes to monsters. Even if i wasnt an RPG fan, i would know 12 is a better game. Heck, i think that would help se things in an unbias view. Overall, opinion, but not because im a ff12 fan. Its a dozen times less bias. You are a mixed bag on the other hand, you dont exactly prove a point but expect others to elaborate and not defend yours. And in the end the opinion attitude is just a way to dismiss a perfectly good evaluation and comparison of the two. Enjoying XII has to do with taste, but enjoying XIII needs ignorance of RPGs and graphically biased. And forget everything ff offered so virtually no expectation at all. You barely pass XIII over XII by two characters. Reason why im responding is because your evaluation is way inconsistent with what you said in the past. If their close, then the difference isnt by 10.

I tend to review things. And even if i hated XII, i would still recognize that it offers more than XIII as an RPG. I will forever deny this as an issue of personal taste.

No. If you hated FFXII, you hated FFXII. I don't think you'll " recognize " that FF XII offers more than FF XIII if you hated it. I see nothing really good at all about FF XII minus the Kiss Me Goodbye song.

but overalll your admitting bias on your part if you try to push everything on taste.

Am I being biased ? Because I mentioned that I prefer Final Fantasy XIII over Final Fantasy XII ? Bullshit, that's personal preference.

fandom has nothing to do with it. XIII fans enjoy the graphics more than they ever did in any other series.

Bullshit. That's like saying Final Fantasy VII was only successful back in the day because fans only like the graphics of the FMV's. Fans love the storyline, battle system, music, and characters. I said before that I hold Final Fantasy XIII over Final Fantasy XII because of Hope and Sazh's character, hear that ? Character; not how pretty they look via graphics, their character.

Its an interesting idea but not one suited for ff.

Again, opinion.

Even if i wasnt an RPG fan, i would know 12 is a better game. YOverall, opinion, but not because im a ff12 fan.

tumblr_inline_mmz5wox4da1qz4rgp.gif

You barely pass XIII over XII by two characters. Reason why im reslonding is because your evaluation is way inconsistent with what you said in the past. If their close, then the difference isnt by 10.

And ? If I want to prefer to play and enjoy Final Fantasy XIII because I love Sazh and Hope that's my option. I respect your opinion as biased as it may be; but I love Sazh's Fathership story and how human he feels and how he'll do anything to love and protect his son and Hope's dramatic beginning of losing his Mother and then coping with his grief and anger and emotions towards losing a parent and having to deal with the person he feels is responsible for that parent's death and then learning that revenge doesn't solve shit, and then respecting and learning to get along with Snow; which he feels caused his sorrow and pain. That feels so much more passionate and worth playing then " There's a evil government " and " I want to be a Sky Pirate..... yeah, that's it; but I'll follow you guys anyways, yay ! I'm the main character of this game " !

But you know " Final Fantasy XIII only has graphiz so those who don't mind it or love it are dumbz ".
:jeri:

No. If you hated FFXII, you hated FFXII. I don't think you'll " recognize " that FF XII offers more than FF XIII if you hated it. I see nothing really good at all about FF XII minus the Kiss Me Goodbye song. Am I being biased ? Because I mentioned that I prefer Final Fantasy XIII over Final Fantasy XII ? Bullshit, that's personal preference. Bullshit. That's like saying Final Fantasy VII was only successful back in the day because fans only like the graphics of the FMV's. Fans love the storyline, battle system, music, and characters. I said before that I hold Final Fantasy XIII over Final Fantasy XII because of Hope and Sazh's character, hear that ? Character; not how pretty they look via graphics, their character.Again, opinion. View attachment 2913And ? If I want to prefer to play and enjoy Final Fantasy XIII because I love Sazh and Hope that's my option. I respect your opinion as biased as it may be; but I love Sazh's Fathership story and how human he feels and how he'll do anything to love and protect his son and Hope's dramatic beginning of losing his Mother and then coping with his grief and anger and emotions towards losing a parent and having to deal with the person he feels is responsible for that parent's death and then learning that revenge doesn't solve shit, and then respecting and learning to get along with Snow; which he feels caused his sorrow and pain. That feels so much more passionate and worth playing then " There's a evil government " and " I want to be a Sky Pirate..... yeah, that's it; but I'll follow you guys anyways, yay ! I'm the main character of this game " !But you know " Final Fantasy XIII only has graphiz so those who don't mind it or love it are dumbz ".:jeri:
XII fans know Vaan is more of the narativve character rather than the central character. Other RPGs follow the same view. If i hate XII then i hate XII, but even in hate i know what it has and what it doesnt. But i have standards in a game.so its not like ill hate a game for 1 character.The only thing you have about me being bias is that i like ff12, and its not even a strong love but an underdog love. You just admitted enjoying something for you is a choice. But idc if you enjoy 13. Just the bogus evaluation of saying its 10x better than 12 over hope and says against van. Its like saying you prefer 20% sweet over 20% bitter when i comes to bittersweet.Comparing other games, one usually compensates for the other. And XII does plenty of that. So we dont all love Vaan, or penelo, we have Ashe, Balthier, Fran etc. Expanded world may get lost, but compensates by freedom to attack monsters on your own so familiarizing with such an expanded world is easier than it would have been. But heres the deal, it all comes down to which game offers more as a game. And which one compensates for its flaws.Even you know 12 offers/compensates more than 13 regardles if you enjoyed it. I know thatll piss you off. But still...its not about whether i love 12 or not. Its not bias if your focusing solely on features.

FYI, if vii tried to do the samething xiii did at its day, i guarantee there will be as much hate as there is now. Especially if ffv was criticized for light humor.

I remember all the negative reviews people were giving when this game first came out. People hating the battle system, people finding the leveling stupid. I myself found the system in this game quite enjoyable. I enjoyed most of the character. They dida good job developing them. They only one I didn't care about too much in the end was Vaan. It's not that I disliked him, it's just that he seemed like just too plain of a character to form any sort of bond with him. That changed in the D's sequel though.
The judges we definitely one of my favorite parts about the story, but I think that might of been the games saving grace for some players.
id have to say that the only issue I had with the game was how short the main story felt. They may have put too much into side quest stuff.

I admit that it took me a while to get into FFXII when I first played it but when I did, I thought it was one of the best games I had played at the time (this was around when it came out). The exploration is brilliant with incredibly detailed locations - the cities are really brought to life in this one. Also, I liked the battle system and the gambit feature. It was different to previous FFs sure, but it was still awesome. The amount of side-quests you can do in the game are incredible and add a lot of extra longevity to the game. The character development isn't great, but the game's ability to suck you into its world is still there, in my opinion.

Probably for a lot of the reasons that I loved it, it was different. I must admit that I was getting to a point that I was kind of sick of alot of things in FF the over blown unrelistic speaches about friendship the recyled stuff(summons, spells, enemies etc) and the games where increasingly being over run with annoying characters(it started with ff8 cast and peaked with the hell spawn known as Tidus) add to the fact that they had just began raping the FF7 with all the spin offs(swapping Clouds personality with squall's(why?), and Zack just became Tidus lite in CC). FF12 gave us a new game in an amazing environment with basic enemies that had me interested and wanting to know more, a really mature story line(3rd best after 7 and tactics) with probably one of the best female characters(Ashe) who was not just some weak male fantasy character who needs constaint reassurance, she was a strong lead who had to make hard choices and had no time for stupidness. I was also supprised by Vaan not being annoying, as he does not have the typical personality that would go with someone who looks the way he does and at times they poke fun at characters like him(he was kind of a joke character).

Back