FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Is Noctus secretly a woman? Here is some strange Versus XIII news

4/3/13 5:00pm
Prince_Noctis_Lucis_Caelum__by_ohhLenai.jpg

Art by ohhLenai @ DeviantArt

You're probably going to want to get the full scoop but needless to say, the rumor of Noctis becoming a woman being a possibility was not what I expected to hear. Either that or Nomura is the greatest troll who ever lived.

After last week's rumour of Versus XIII turned Final Fantasy XV-PS4 exclusive, we may have finally gotten a reason why development has been taking so long: According to Tetsuya Nomura, Noctis is secretly a woman!

May I ask one question: Just why?
Seeing how there's a Noctis perfume (no, i'm not kidding) I could see this happening... but it's probably not true given the grammar used like calling Noctis "Noct" and "u" or "til" without the ' at the end like it's a Facebook post, unless it's some mid-game sex change that happens from Noctis misusing the crystal's powers or some random mystical force that desires more X chromosomes. Come to think of it, how many games actually have tried that?

Noctis Night Shade. Comes in three fabulous flavors!
If this is true... then we have a reason why it's been taking so long, they're trying to make another Lightning because she's hip with the kids (and getting another sequel I might add) which must mean Noctis has to be a female right? Either way, I sincerely hope this is an April Fool's joke come early from Japan (Time zones and all that) but we'll have to hold our breath until E3 to find out. *Gulp*.

Feel free to disagree, what do you think of Noctis possibly having a pair of "Noct-ers"? See what I did there? Ok fine, i'll go stand in the corner...
» Source: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2013/03/31/is-noctis-a-girl-nomura-drops-twitter-bombshell.html
» Tagged In: #community showcase, #E3 2013, #ff versus xiii, #Final Fantasy, #noctis, #Rumours, #versus xiii at e3, #versus xiii news

Source - http://www.screwattack.com/news/noctus-secretly-woman-here-some-strange-versus-xiii-news

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an article posted on March 4th but I have missed it and thought I would post it here.

Nomura hasnt responded on his typo. What do you guys think would it be nice to see Noctisia? Female protagonists ftw all power to them. Im a fan of good female protagonists like from the New Tombraider game (I absolutely loved that game) but this is messed up imo if SE will push this through.

Cause it will mean Noctis was a lie all along. Well people still think Versus itself is still a lie. The guy that wrote that article is pretty funny imo.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Nomura

Swazoo March 9, 2013 Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Type-0, Project Cystallis 8 Comments

We’ve been waiting a long time for new information on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. But has Nomura been waiting along with us?
Some people claim Nomura’s the one behind the info drought. He is known for withholding info until what he is working on is finished. However, maybe he’s ready to share news with us, but that decision really isn’t up to him.
He has stated that he is eager to talk about the progress of Versus, but was not at liberty to devulge any news:
Before you get all excited, Nomura also said “totally unrelated” circumstances are preventing him from sharing the information, but that he’s in discussions to move plans forward.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...us-xiii-info-is-ready-but-i-cant-show-anyone/
Another time, he goes on to explain he would appreciate our patience as we wait:
“We would like to ask for your patience on an official announcement for this title,” said Nomura. “It always takes time when tackling the challenge of doing something completely new, but we are doing our best to bring information to the fans as quickly as we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated.”
http://gematsu.com/2012/05/nomura-o...iii-it-takes-time-when-tackling-something-new
The “Lightning Saga” has been getting a lot of attention lately, with Final Fantasy XIII-2 and now Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Two sequels to a title in a series that usually does not see direct sequels to its main titles, with some exceptions. All before Versus XIII could be released, or even be displayed properly to the public.
Why is this? Could it be that Nomura is in an “NDA”, or “non-disclosure agreement”? Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix, has repeated many times that he does not wish for people to be distracted from Lightning Returns. Nomura is under a contract, after all.
It may not be a stretch of the imagination to think that these two sequels of Final Fantasy XIII arose from wanting to make the desired amount of money out of the first game’s engine, as it may not have produced the profits they had originally wanted.
But no one was really expecting a sequel to XIII, let alone two of them. People were interested in Versus XIII, and Agito XIII (renamed Type-0 later), and other titles. How could they generate enough interest in these sequels when the fans’ attention was transfixed on the other two Fabula Nova Crystallis entries and other games?
As for Type-0, circumstances with the PSP system over in other regions had a major role in its localization halting. Certain copyright issues may have also played a part, but that’s a story for another time.
As stated officially, Lightning Returns is taking assests from Versus XIII, so it will most likely feature some of the content that Versus will. Here is what grand_kaizer from GameFAQs.com had to say on the matter:
“It is extremely suspicious that all of a sudden FFXIII is claiming that now it’s more like Versus. It’s more ‘realistic’ and it involves a semi-realtime battle system, it’s trying to be darker and less shallow…
“It’s almost like they’re trying to overshadow Versus before it comes out. All of a sudden anything Versus does is just an evolution of something FFXIII already did. It will either be remembered as something that took what FFXIII did right and used their foundation to go off, or it will be known as something that saw things fans didn’t like about FFXIII’s direction and pushed them harder.
“No matter what Versus does now, FFXIII will look like the jumping platform that brought it here, because nobody cares what the dev time was, all that matters to the general populace is that FFXIII came out before Versus, ergo Versus is the one copying.”
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/65452517?page=1
Let us take a look at this:
In this week’s Dengeki Final Fantasy Versus XIII producer Tetsuya Nomura gave a brief update on the game saying that with Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Type-0 now complete and out of the way, it will finally be time to focus on Versus XIII. He also says with a laugh that he’s a bit nervous now.
http://www.hypeup.net/index.php/site/news/nomura_its_time_for_final_fantasy_versus_xiii_now
But then Lightning Returns was announced. And now Square Enix may not want to market two big games at once. This may very well be the reason we’ve been kept in the dark. They may want to maximize sales of Lightning Returns before releasing Versus XIII. But the long wait generated from this is not all that fair to Nomura and his team.
When it comes to the new Noctis perfume, perhaps it’s the first step in marketing Versus after Lightning Returns is over. It’s a good sign.
In the end, we probably won’t ever truly know what has been going on these past seven years, but Nomura isn’t to blame for the lack of coverage on Versus, when it might not even be up to him in the first place. For all we know, he’s been waiting just as long for the day new information is revealed about Final Fantasy Versus XIII as the rest of us.
- Westermeister

Source - http://projectcrystallis.org/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-and-nomura/

This whole tweet could be fabricated btw, but the perfume will hopefully keep you enticed.
There's no harm in discussing this wonderful rumour right? Will you buy the perfume? If you preorder Versus you'll get one for free. Nice incentive.
I guess we will have to wait for E3 just to hear an announcement.

In other news FFXIV PS3 Beta will soon be available. Lightning returns is releasing this year and there has been no news about the Localization of Type0. Will Lightning returns redeem SE? Will FFXIV change the tide? Will FFXHD and FFX-2HD keep us occupied in the meantime while we wait for a possible KH3?

I feel SE is trolling us to the fullest.

Last edited:
:rofl: LOL at the questions at the end. This would be an interesting move, that's for sure. I don't think it would be too bad though. It would be kinda different (not really), and it'll damn sure be interesting. Like you said, this could be why it's taking so long to be released. If they recorded voices already and they did him as a dude, they'd have to do all those lines again. Ehh.... Maybe I should get my Mom that perfume for Mother's Day. :hmmm:

Maybe he'll just be one of those effeminate males and just happens to like using perfume? It wouldn't be surprising to anyone who listens to Visual Kei. :wacky:

Or maybe there will be a whole new cross dressing sequence similar to that of FFVII... but it's to sponsor a new perfume!

Maybe he's rocking the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" vibe?

Hmmm... smelling like delay? I don't think I'll be wanting to smell like Versus XIII. Ever.

WTF am I saying... I don't even wear that kinda stuff...

I just find it interesting that he could be a woman. :hmmm:

:srsly:

That Tweet looks so obviously fabricated by a fake account weakly trying to pose as Tetsuya Nomura that I stopped reading almost immediately. This is just bullshit on many calibres.

And besides, why gender bend Noctis when you can make him the first gay protagonist? I'd rather that happen as it would be a positive move. Of course, they would never do it.

Hahahaha wellllllllll the games been in production so long. Maybe thats the reason why it doesnt exist. They needed to add a sexy romance into Versus requiring Noctis to have surgery turning him into a woman.

When i saw ff8 artwork for the first time i thought that Laguna and even Squall were both woman.

the most pathetic excuse to make tranny jokes ive ever seen

Yeah i dont believe it myself. When has nomura ever posted a tweet in english? Its so broken.when.you.hear him. If this is real i doubt he said it intentionally. Overall i actually do believe type-0 and versus Xiii are meant to be hidden from us until lightning saga is proven.to be the top series in fabula nova crystallis

Psst, it's not the number of X chromosomes that determines sex in humans - it's the presence of a Y chromosome that determines maleness, and female is the 'default' sex. Every day's a school day!

Has anyone considered the possibility that, as English is not his first language, Nomura simply made a mistake, rather than suggested Final Fantasy has stretched in to dealing with trans* issues?

This is so fake I cannot even begin to think why it would not be fake. Since when does Nomura tweet in English? I am pretty sure Noctis does not have an female features unless they really scrapped him and rewrote him as a female. Men can wear perfume also.. so that is just a ridiculous thing to go by.

Honestly, Noctis was a guy last time we saw him in the trailer back at TGS. If they scrapped him, it would really take a long time to rewrite his lines and everything. Besides, SE have said the script was finished a long time ago. I really cannot even begin to think how ridiculous this article is.

Lets see... We had Yuna, Ashe(Lead imo) and Lightning+ Terra. I would not mind another female lead... and it is possible since Fang went through this treatment as well.

Verdict: Fake.

I basically have given up hope on any news of Versus XIII being true. I will just wait for E3 to find out the true story behind Versus right now.

Also Cloud and Sephiroth both had their own perfumes released in Japan, so yeah I wont even bother arguing about why Square had a male have his own perfume.

Sorry guys I had a feeling it was fake, but I found it too funny to not post it. I really laughed at the OP's article.
https://twitter.com/NomuraTetsuya

That twitter account is fake yesh. Apparantly Nomura's english isnt too well and he never tweets cause his own words were: "I have nothing to tweet about".

However Perfume remains retarded.
Bugs Bunny I seriously never knew Cloud and Sephi also has their own perfume.. :gasp:

Perhaps Im obsessed with Versus................ I want a damn solid reason for Versus delayment.

Like most people, I take this to be fake. Even if it was real I'd take it to be a translation error.

However, I personally would be interested if it was real. It could be quite cool if what appears to be a dark token badass with a female love interest is metamorphosed part-way through the game into a woman. Perhaps through science, or through magic, or a combination (I've forgotten the mythology of this game, if anything was ever revealed 10 years ago, that is). He'd / she'd have to deal with the complications of coming to terms with the alteration of gender, and the obvious strain on his relationships. Not only would there be complications with Stella (if she was to be his love interest after all, which I presumed she was), but his role in the street gang of lads he appears to belong to could be compromised or made awkward too. It would actually be quite interesting.

This is, however, most probably a fabrication. Still, there is time for them to take the lie on board and add this plot twist before the release date in the uncertain-future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back