Help How to defeat Sorceress Adel

jakandsig

Gil
I had not played FF8 since it was relevant, and I decided to pick it up again since I had some PS points given to me, and the original version i can't play because I have to fix my PSX's laser, but that aside.

I am at Adel at the disc 4, and I have lost 5 times, so automatically we have a problem. twice Rinoa was killed and 1 time I was wiped out my ultima, and twice I was wiped out by quake followed by an energy ball. Odd I forgot the name of the later when i saw it used so many times. Of course, Adels HP is ???????? and that tells me nothing, but I have limited items and I can't leave the darn area for no real reason. So, I usually cast reflect, although since the game is cruel, reflect will not push back ultima, energyball, or meteor (yet ultima is reflected if I use it?) and there is a 10% chance that the reflect will hit Adel and not bounce at Rinoa.

Now I had no issue with this the first time because when I played this game way back I had beat the game, I also played the game similarly as last time, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I recommend having Squall attack Adel, 2nd character having Recover to heal Rinoa, and somebody else help Squall with attacking. Don't limit break and don't do magic that can also injure Rinoa. Just attack and have Recover at the ready. I can't remember any more, sorry. I have a bad memory.

Junction your best relevant magic to Irvine's attack stat and use Canister Shot (Demolition Ammo, can be refined from Sharp Spikes (Cactaur or Grendel cards)) or Armor Shot (AP Ammo, can be refined from Chef's knives (any Tonberry card)). They are single targetting, high powered limit breaks. You can focus your healing on Rinoa and support magic for the party with the other two characters.

You can draw Regen from Rinoa and cast it on her, so when Adel absorbs her HP, it'll automatically be revived. Other than that just do what the others said. Adel is really easy. It's Ultimecia you should be worrying about.

The problem with this boss battle is that you can't use attacks that has multiple targets because it will also injure Rinoa. I suggest you use the most powerful single target Spells and Attacks to prevent from hitting Rinoa and killing her. That is the main strategy for this fight.

Back