KH Spinoffs Birth By Sleep ~Volume Two~ [Some Spoilers]

WEEKOLDMILK

I am MILK, the Protein Paladin!
Gil
[Right, so I'm probably late coming into this, as I'm guessing some or a lot of you have already heard of this. :unsure: Still, figured since I can't find anything other than people's random theories or 'want lists' on a lot of other sites it'd be worth it to post this on a site I know I can get results and interesting conversations from.]

So aside from my late entry into this topic, for those who don't know (since it was never released in america :grumpy: bleh), the Final Mix version of KH: Birth By Sleep included a secret ending after completeing the Final Episode chapter. Thing about this ending was that it contained a single line at the end that's been passing through the grapevine in confusion since BBS was first released. The content shown in the video has also been swimming around the community, but it's easier to figure out.

Here [Note: You'll need to invert your screen colors. Sorry, I couldn't find the one I originally saw, but this one's in HD, so I guess it makes up for it]:

Alright, so based on that, and a little bit of information from Nomura Tetsuya involving general KH information, the only true information I've found so far is that this could possibly be the next true KH installment bridging a huge weave in the storyline throughout the games released so far.

In an interview at E3 2011 (er, might have the event wrong), Nomura states that he wants a Kingdom Hearts game released each year, which so far has had a good track record on that. The developer also stated that he was aware of a few plot holes in the series and planned to cover them in the next game release. The 'cryptic' piece of information from the interview is that he hinted about something different in the KH collection, but it's very vague. What a lot of fans and some of the staff and crew think is that the next release before KH3 (or whatever the hell they decide to pop out to draw it to a close) will most likely be one of two things:

* A CG film like FFVII:AC, in which the main focus would be around Aqua in the Realm of Darkness and possibly Mickey's journey in the R.O.D as well (since he finds the Kingdom Key d within it).
or
* Another game but with more story and development instead of traveling to a number of worlds, mainly centered around Aqua's wandering throught the R.O.D, as seen in the video. Though there was no symbol/insignia on the red-eyed creature, it does look as if Aqua will be up against the original Heartless creatures. As well as the possibility of a multitude of both illusory and story-related worlds/areas that hopefully would fill in a lot of the story explained only in the reports from the games.

I personally don't care which it is, since both would be great to see produced (heck, if they were to do both of those above covering the KH series I'd dish out the extra cash to preorder the expensive version. :jay: ) Well that's the end of my little news article, sorry for the essay of info... Now what I would like to know is:

A) if any of you have heard of this before and can provide some solid information about it
B) Your opinions on the different possibilities of what this could actually be.

I'm done, your turn.

i really wish i have heard about this before but i havnt. Maybe they will make a 2nd volume, or maybe it was a look into KH2.5 remix which would in essence bring back BBS and possibly have a hidden vid in there somewhere. idk, thats just my theory i guess

Birth by sleep vol.2 wil happen after kh3 while screwing up time. so this is basically birth by sleep 2.0

but just a theory.

HOW HAVE I ONLY JUST SEEN THIS?!

I have absolutely no idea what this is. Perhaps an early concept for KH2.5HD? Nomura said we were getting extra content in some of the games, perhaps this is it, given Birth by Sleep will feature in the next HD release?

HOW HAVE I ONLY JUST SEEN THIS?!

I have absolutely no idea what this is. Perhaps an early concept for KH2.5HD? Nomura said we were getting extra content in some of the games, perhaps this is it, given Birth by Sleep will feature in the next HD release?

it came out in the birth by sleep final mix secret ending. its been out...for a really long time.

It is a combination of BBS:FM and some concepts incorporated into DDD. The game itself (BBS2) will never come out because it was swallowed up by the series already. EXCEPT, I do imagine at some point there will indeed be a game about Aqua's time in the ROD, which could end up being titled BBS2. Honestly I think Nomura greatly changed the story since the time he made this BBS2 teaser, essentially making it null and void. Honestly the whole DDD story sort of tainted the KH's overarching story for me.

Honestly I think Nomura greatly changed the story since the time he made this BBS2 teaser, essentially making it null and void. Honestly the whole DDD story sort of tainted the KH's overarching story for me.
That's interesting - why do you say that? To me, arguably, 3D is the game that ties everything together so far and, in terms of story, is probably the most progressive.

That's interesting - why do you say that? To me, arguably, 3D is the game that ties everything together so far and, in terms of story, is probably the most progressive.
I just think the story had a lot going for it and then Nomura decided to make it all about time travel, which I always was scared he would do, and then was utterly dismayed when h did. I honestly hate when writers do that; at least if it was all just a dream it would make sense lmao I've never been a fan of dream sequences or time travel,they're over used and uncreative, especially when it involves a bunch of characters you just made up and parameters that are illogical.

Back