Carpet, Tiles, or Wood Floors?

Tyler Breeze

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Which out of those three do you prefer to have in your home? We have carpet in ours (everywhere) we prefer it mostly so that the little kids can play on the floor, and if they fall or slip, the pain won't be as bad. Also, I just like the way carpet feels to be honest. We've had to handle all three floor types at one point, and we liked carpet most. So what about you guys? Which you prefer? :)

In my house i have carpet in the bedrooms and in the main lounge room. Then I have beautiful marble tiles through the rest of my house. I think it looks quite great though I wish I had picked a darker carpet because it is starting to get a bit dirty.

I do like floorboards but I think I like the kind of tiles i have better. Carpet is good for making a room more cosy.
I like them all but in different ways.

we've got laminated flooring in the kitchen, hall and living room in our flat which i like the look of. the bedrooms are both some old cheap crappy carpet that's really worn away. annoyingly the bathroom is carpeted as well, which means that it soaks all the water up and you end up with a wet carpet for days which i hate. i wish it was tiled in there

Carpets are the cheapest and they're really cosy and warm. Thats something you really want during spring summer autumn and winter in Scotland.
I've got carpets in the living room and in one of the bedrooms. The other bedrooms are laminate. Its a very horrible beech beech coloured flooring and i dont particularly like it. If everything goes well for me when i have money i plan to tear it up and lay a carpet down in the bedrooms.
It attracts and builds up dust like crazy but more so its because its fairly cheap flooring it looks a bit...crap? Some laminate looks quite nice, but overall, its not the nicest looking of floors in my opinion.
In the hallway we have more laminate flooring but this one is made to look like stone. Its really nice.

Ideally I would like to have my floorboards refurbished in the living room. I dont have the tools to do it myself and ive never done it before and definitely dont wanna ruin it so id get some professionals to do it for me. Id watch them do it and see what they use so i could do the other rooms myself. It wouldnt be hard.
Its quite expensive though. Can easily be triple the price of a carpet, sometimes more. I've got a massive blood stain near the radiator too. Im not lying when i say its about the size of a 32 inch television in width.

So yeah my ''dream'' for lack of a better word would be floorboards throughout the whole house, except for the bathroom and bedrooms. I'd Have new laminate flooring laid in the bathroom, preferably Oak or Pine. Not beech...i fucking hate beech -_____- And finally carpets in the bedrooms. You wanna keep your bedroom nice and warm. Its an absolute pain getting up in the morning and standing on a cold hard floor.
After this post i should be on changing rooms or something like that.

Lewis Llewellyn Bowen at your service :grin: Same hairstyle

llb_tips_1.jpg

Tiles only.

Carpet is only good for Winter when you don't really want to stand on cold tiles, though they have invented tiles that heat up now.

Tiles are easier to clean and if you spill shit on it, it doesn't stain. The only thing you have to worry about is getting chips in the tiles.

If you chip a tile, you replace it. If you fuck up the carpet, you have to replace pretty much a whole section so that you don't see a hideous cut out of where the new carpet has been placed.

Lino is shite and old. I do like wooden floorboards but not as much as tiles.

Vinyl is what we have.

I don't mind a rug, but carpet is a pain in the ass to clean. I really don't want that around, especially if you have pets or children, accidents happen. I'd love laminate flooring, but to be honest, it's quite expensive and vinyl flooring does the trick just as great. Not a big fan of tiles but I'm glad we have a tile floor in our bathroom.

I've completely gone off laminate over time. There's something about carpets that make a room feel more comfortable and homey. Laminate feels cold and uninviting. Me and my girlfriend are looking at moving in together in the Summer so we've been having a look at flats recently, and annoyingly most seem to come with laminate in the living room but I really want carpet. I get that it's fashionable and probably a lot cheaper, and it's definitely easier to clean, but it just isn't carpet :sad3:

I think I would prefer hard wood and then put a carpet down in some places like the living room. We have wall to wall carpet except the kitchen and bathroom and it's a bitch to keep clean, especially with kids.

I didn't know tiled floors could heat up now. :gasp:

I would still go with wood, though. I like the look of wood floors and they are the easiest to clean when it comes to spills and crumbs. And with wood, whether carpet covers it all up or doesn't, it still looks good/matches the room, no matter the color of the carpet. Plus wood just looks...traditional. o_O

I've always wanted to have a wooden floor in my room. Not only because it looks way sexier than both tile and carpet, but I'm way notorious for spilling things. Cleaning spills up on carpet is a bitch, so yeah, eff carpet.

Each has it's perks I guess but If I had to cover an entire house I'd go for carpet. I'm use to sleeping where I fall and carpet makes the best bed lol. Some carpets are better than others of course I like a nice warm fuzzy carpet I can wiggle my fingers in and spread around like I'm making a snow angel. Until about four years ago I didn't break down and buy a bed so I slept on the floor for most of my life. Out of choice not being forced. I like my bed but me and the carpet have a special relationship my bed could never understand.

Back