Help Queen of Cards Quest

Sesamus

Gil
This is my 7th or 8th play through but up until now I have never done the side quests. I decided 3 or 4 days ago that I would do the Queen of Cards quest as I am well into disc 3 and I have all my characters maxed out so now would be the ideal time because once I hit Pandora it’s on the road to finishing the game so that’s all I have been doing since, trying to complete the Card Quest that is. I have spent so much time at it that my SeeD rank is falling!

I did the CC group first of all and then started on the Queen and it’s a nightmare to be honest! After countless resets and chasing her around the world I have only just now gotten back the cards she had won from me which were not related to her quest. I decided it would be easier to eventually win them back and it probably saved me a brave amount of resets to do it this way.

I have lost the cards she needed to her and got all the others (one of which needed to then be lost to her, Doomtrain) but she is sill moving around the world map and no matter how many times I play her son in the pub in Dollet the cards which he should have don’t get played. When I go to the ‘Cards’ section of the menu it says that the cards are indeed in Dollet but they’re never being played. I mean what’s the chances that 5 particular cards are never played? Pretty slim I would think.

I am wondering if the quest needs to be done in a particular order or something but then again if that where the cases surely I would not have been able to acquire the cards which I did.

Any ideas?

Well from what I know you can get cards back you lost in a game from different people. I did this a while back and found that you can win back the cards you lost to the queen from the Queen's son, who lives in Dollet with her dad. I think if you lose certain cards, the queen's dad will make new ones out of the cards you lost and distribute them to the public. I'm fairly certain that if you lose other cards to her you can win them back from other people around the world. To be honest I'm not completely sure(It's been a while since I did this), but try looking up the cards you lost on the net and see if you can win them back from other people. :hmmm:

Thanks for the reply. The cards I have lost to her that were quest related cannot be won back from anyone other than her son and that's exactly what my dilemma is. All the other cards I have won back it is just these particular ones which are required to be lost to her which I cannot get back. The fact that the Kiros, Irvine, Doomtrain, Phoenix, and Chubby Chocobo have appeared and I have got them from various places means that I have exceeded my end of the bargain but why are the cards which are in Dollet with her son not being played?

You need to get the Queen to revisit Dollet. Only then will she be physically able to give the cards to her son. He won't play them otherwise.

What would've been handy and what makes this quest easier is to make sure she cycles between Dollet and Balamb. From either location if she says she's going to Galbadia (Deling City) then your chances of getting her back to Balamb or Dollet drastically reduce as she's then open to go to FH, Esthar, etc.

When you play her in Balamb and lose a rare card to her (preferably the required ones for the quest for for example MiniMog first) she has a 33.3% chance of going to Dollet and a 66.6% chance of going to Deling City.

Likewise, when you play her in Dollet, she has a 33.3% chance of going back to Balamb and a 66.6% chance of her going to Deling City. All you had to do was reset a few times just to make sure that she doesn't progress to Galbadia because then your quest becomes a fucking nightmare if she does.

You seem to have done all the legwork now, so just google what odds you have of her going to Dollet if any for the current city she is in and just reset until she goes back there. Then you can win your cards back from her son.

Back