CMS is now live

Kyreaan - Ah, thanks for the links! Wonder if there's some free ones.

Hmm, I guess I might as well ask you guys. Are you okay with having an inherited skin for the home page? (Follows the forum theme and all). Or do you guys want a new skin for homepage too? I think the forum theme we have going on is fine, but just thought I'd ask.

I like the current theme, I justthink it will look nicer once the articles start getting their own post image :)

+How often would you like to see the front site updated?
-Really as often as news and big events release or even main key events or items on the site. I know the Final Fantasy section when it comes to game facts and bios of characters and release dates etc will be added and only updated when new games come out, but the articles on upcoming games, reviews, etc would be nice throughout the week to keep the site fresh, new people coming and old/veteran members interested.

+What kind of content would you like to see on the front site? See our categories and let us know the main ones that you would personally like to see more of.
-See question below. Kind of combined the 2 when I accidentally skipped this question.

+Are there enough categories? Too much? Any additions you can think of?
-I just took a quick look at the categories since most of them are just bare with nothing added to them quick, but I like it so far. The FF info on games in the series I believe will be a big one as well as well written game reviews members can write for viewing. Maybe uploaded music from the series if someone can do that (legally). I do think well written game reviews, articles, editorials will be the major punch to the front page to keep people looking and watching.

How about an upcoming release dates box for the next...5 major games coming out? Just an idea.

+Are you content with the layout? Or would you rather have one column + sidebar?
-They layout is pretty decent so far actually. The navigation/main body/social media and recent posts bit keep its so us members and fans can see the main points of the site, navigate with ease, and not be overloaded with clutter.

+Which Seamus skin are you using?
-SeamusCyanBanner

+Do you plan on visiting the front site daily?
-Anytime I get on FFF I will check the front site first probably to key in on new events and what's happening around the site and video game world. That's probably gonna be daily or as often as possible to see what's up and the changes.

+Which Seamus skin are you using?
-SeamusCyanBanner

Switch to SeamusBlack for now. Cyan and Purple skins are behind with updates. Thanks for the input, Jace. :)

Also, since it's a popular request, went ahead and applied vBSlider on the front page. However, it seems to be kinda faulty. It'll load whenever it wants to. Sometimes you'll get a black horizontal bar, meaning it won't load at all until you refresh a few times. We'll have to ask Belazor what's up with it.

With the slider sitting on top there, it pushed the articles down a bit. To be honest, a slider works best with one column + sidebar, and not the current column layout we have now. Unless no one's bothered by the articles being pushed down a bit. (I re-sized the slider height from 250px to 230px as well).

@Fleur - Been messing around with the article margin, but I can't get it to line up properly so that it doesn't wrap around the image. I did apply a few margins here and there, not sure if it's noticeable (based on a 1366x768 resolution). I think by design, this is what vBulletin intended. Trying to read up on it some more, but I can't find a proper guideline for this.

Are you guys cool with the article background there? Might seem a bit cramped, but it adds a bit of depth, I think.

And should we make our article font color set to default (light grey) or white?

Figured we might as well test it out on a one column + sidebar layout.

Seems more crowded...? Thoughts? The title will have to aligned properly, but I don't wanna mess with that yet until we get feedback with this layout first.

And actually, I was asking about the article text content. Stick to the light grey or white? :hmmm:

We'll give it a few more days for the layout voting poll. It's pretty close. But we need to decide soon.

Double post.

Set it so that vbSlider for CMS is mainly for news and site news updates, while the vBslider for forums are set mainly for GFX (sotw and clans) winners and Game Leaderboards. I noticed that the GFX and Leaderboards aren't getting enough recognition in the Slider due to the amount of news and site news that goes in there, so separating them would be best.

Back