My FF Dimensions review

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
The game is great. The story is also great. But I recommend this game more to those who enjoyed FFV over those who didn't.

The game does have tongue in cheek humor. And although it did sound off at first, i t slowly became more natural.

The very set up of the game is interesting. Two groups go to the crystal shrine and when the crystal breaks, the world is divided into two and the the two groups were mixed together and resplit. So half of the party don't know eachother. Satisfying ammount of twists if not over satisfying.

There are minigames and hidden dungeons throughout the game. So it definitely feels like a full-fledge numbered game. So there is plenty to do.

Very great game.

FAULTS:

Some of these may not be considered as such, but there are some issues. For one dialogue is a problem. Some of the accents are difficult to get used to. There is also the issue of the word being broken up in mid setence. This is mainly a localization issue. This can also be fixed easily, so if the game ever updates, then I hope its for that.

Another is the fact that the sprites changed to certain degree from iOS/Android. Don't get me wrong, they look practically the same except when shown between jobs.

Example: In the original feature phone version, if all characters in your group were a "Black Mage" they would look like a standard Black Mage with the only difference between character is that instead of "Blue" coat, it would be with the color associated with that character. "Sol" would have red coat, "Sarah" would be orange, Aigis would be green, etc.

However the iOS/Android version changed it so they all look the same except with a star or moon pendant on their hat with their respected color. Also considering how smooth the graphics are, the differences are vague.

Still, the other sprites made it more disstinct (such as summoner) so its not a huge miss.

Another issue are the backgrounds. They just don't look as distinct as they did in FFVI. According to the developers, this was their take on a new SNES game, so I was expecting great and beautiful backgrounds. They were nice when it came to dungeons, but I didn't like the ones in the open field. But they aren't bad backgrounds, just not "breathe-taking" but thats a personal issue.

Overall, this game is great. It could've been FFVI-2 level but overall its still fun and had great story.

If I ranked it, it would be 8/10

Back