Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Came across this anime on Crunchyroll last night. Only a couple episodes up since it's fairly new, but I definitely recommend this. The animation and facial expression of the people are very convincing as they are terrorized by Titans.

No fan service or any of that annoying crap.

Trailer:

Opening:

First episode is quite possibly the best intro episode I've seen in any anime.

Ah yeds, I have just finished the second episode. It is very exciting and intriguing so far, and I'm glad they seem to be aging the characters five years or so by the next episode. If they can keep up the mystery of the Titans as well as Eren's flashbacks that would be ideal. The suspense is done very well, I just hope they don't enter long lulls between Titan assaults etc.

The fourth episode was released today. It and third episode have been spending time developing the characters over the five years rather than just doing a 5-year timeskip, which was a good idea in my opinion. The ending was quite explosive and I'm really looking forward to the next episode now that

The Colossal Red Titan has returned now

I just finished watching the fourth episode too. :) And to think that I've been a member of Crunchyroll for years now, but finally used my trial membership because of this anime.

Hmm, I felt a little underwhelmed with the development of characters though. Another episode or two would have been ideal, so that we can see their progress with training. I'm having a hard time believing in Eren's capabilities as a result of this, but I guess he has that determination in him. I would have also liked to see more of the characters' relationship with each other, because now that the

Colossal Titan has returned, I'm expecting some casualties, but we don't know enough about them to care. But then again, I don't think they'll lose the major and supporting characters yet.

I guess that's my only gripe with it. Other than that, fantastic. The music is something else too. Everything just fits. Mikasa cracked me up during one scene, when she raised her hand and said something random about Sasha. Burst out laughing. xD It was just out of nowhere.

Can't wait for next week.

Well I suppose Eren's had five years training by now, though I do like that they didn't make him the greatest most amazing soldier of all time. I don't overly like his character. I hope I'm supposed to think like that and it's not that the creators think his personality is relatable/likeable. Sasha is very funny, the potato scene in the previous episode was excellent and made me laugh more than once. While I agree that we could have done with more development, I think more episodes of training would have caused a bit of a lull too early on in the series.

The music is absolutely top-shelf, can't wait for an OST to be released.

Caution Spoiler!
This has to be my favorite scene so far with Attack on Titan. Character development? We see in the previous episodes our main protagonist Eren with inarguable courage and perseverance. With the downfall of his city and the
loss of his mother
we only see it grow stronger. I think his character is quite easy to interpret. In this scene we see a brief instance of fear and doubt when face to face with the very enemy he was trained to combat against. Maybe surreal would describe it. Those memories that reinforced his character emerge and we see who and what Eren is.

As for the other characters and the pace of anime, I think it is fine how it is. The characters are pretty easy to figure out, and if they spent too much time on it I think it would really drag. We want to see that action!

I am not a regular spectator of anime but this one I have thoroughly enjoyed so far.

The ending of episode five was quite unexpected with
Eren being delimbed and then devoured
Though I've no doubt that's not the end of him by a longshot. Episode six was pretty interesting in that it finally showed us why Mikasa is so concerned for Eren all of the time. It'll be interesting to see her reaction when she finds out what happened to him.

So yeah, I decided to check this one out after seeing that trailer and what you guys had to say about it. It's the first anime I've watched in a good few years, actually. I must say, I'm actually hooked. :O It's been full of some unexpected twists, and I'm eager for episode seven now. After seeing them all go through their training, I really thought they were going to kick some arse; at least for a while. It was quite shocking to see what you guys mentioned in the spoiler tags actually happen. But then, it just made things all the more interesting.

I hear a live-action film is already in the works. Been in development since December last year, according to the Wiki. Also, has anyone read the Manga? Is it worth picking up?

It's going for roughly £5 per book on Amazon, so I might get it at some point. I've yet to actually read any manga :lew:

The ending of episode five was quite unexpected with
Eren being delimbed and then devoured
Though I've no doubt that's not the end of him by a longshot. Episode six was pretty interesting in that it finally showed us why Mikasa is so concerned for Eren all of the time. It'll be interesting to see her reaction when she finds out what happened to him.

That was so damn shocking to me. I've had some things spoiled for me by /a/ already, but none of it is matching up with what is happening in the show and I am just so excited.

On another note: Potato-chan is mai weekly waifu

I started to read the manga earlier online. I'm not a manga person though, but I wanted to spoil myself a little. Just a little.

Episode 5 is really intense. I wasn't expecting a lot of that...and there's the argument that Eren's reckless nature
caused the death of his squad mates.
Personally, that's how I saw it anyway. They could've retreated. :( I really am not liking Eren all that much either, but he's not terrible by all means.

Towards the end,
did we see Eren's arm fly off as well when he was eaten by a titan?

The music in the end of this episode was eerily spectacular. The subtle bell toll that added a sudden dark loom over the city, specifically.

Episode 6 was also interesting, but again I am shocked
to see a 9-year-old Eren kill two men.
What makes him so hot-blooded, I wonder....? But I love Episode 6 because it was all about Mikasa. Especially when
she killed titans with ease
...but hopefully they don't make her too strong. It'll be nice to see what her weakness would be (which I think is anything concerning Eren...she tends to lose her cool when it comes to his safety), and her reaction with it.

Can't wait for Episode 7!

Episodes 7 and 8 were awesome. :O

To be perfectly honest, it wasn't all that shocking to see it turn out that Eren was the rogue Titan. I kinda saw that one coming the moment I saw the thing.

But despite me not finding any of that shocking, it's just made things all the more intriguing as well.

I'm really interested in finding out how Mikasa and the rest of Eren's buddies cope with him returning, with the realisation that he's a Titan.

and there's the argument that Eren's reckless nature
caused the death of his squad mates.
Personally, that's how I saw it anyway. They could've retreated. :( I really am not liking Eren all that much either, but he's not terrible by all means.

I don't think he should be solely to blame.

I mean, the whole team were woefully unprepared to take on the Titans. So many of them just attacked in panic or anger, or to try and save someone. And others just tried to leg it. The whole defence was a complete shambles, and I think you can hold a good few of those people accountable for all those deaths.

I am very much looking forwards to Episode 9. :D

At first I didnt like the premise due to its creepy antagonists. Then Eren has a very bloodthirsty disposition that I started enjoying it. Most probably my newfound respect for Eren came on episode 7 when the whole game changed. The raw emotional power of that episode made me want to read the manga. Im enjoying Annie, Sasha and Mikasa as good female characters. Eren is a good male lead as well as that dude who led the battalion to HQ. His name escapes me but hes warming up well to me. For some reason, even as realistic as his emotions are portrayed in this weird ass world, I still cannot stand Armin. I hope he recovers later because damn hes becoming annoying.

I have only just started watching it and well I have watched all 9 episodes so far this morning, I mean it is very interesting to say the least. Eren to me is a very arrogant character but I feel that over time his role in this journey will make him change into someone completely different. Mikasa is my fav character at this moment in time, she looks the part and is a bad ass like non stop.

In regards to episode 9 ...SPOILERS
There is still some mystery in what the basement might hold...i mean we now have seen Eren having the ability to become a titan now...I mean that is a big thing...is the basement a research lab or is it all test dummies that reacted badly to the injection he gave eren later on?

And one scene...SPOILERS
The whole scene with most of the soldiers wondering whether to attack Eren was really well done, there was a general sense of tension and it was very well written as we will understand the fear on either side of the fence.

In all I am pretty excited for the next episode...bring it on...also love the opening music as well.

I felt that Episode 9 wasn't all that much interesting, to be honest. There was nothing really all that exciting, nor surprising. It was a well done episode, but I think that there's too much to cram into one episode right now. I generally feel that at moments like that, they should air episodes as double features, because otherwise they tend to fill little more than fillers. :hmmm:

The fact that Eren can turn into a Titan is quite interesting. It clearly has something to do with whatever his father was up to, and whatever it was that he was injected with. I am hoping that this sheds more light on the origin of the Titans, but I kinda have a feeling that it was probably just something developed to be a countermeasure against the Titans. Wouldn't it be great to find out that it was mankind who created these Titans, unwittingly bringing about their own near extinction?

Apparently in the manga they still haven't found anything out about the Titans and their origins. I'm enjoying the show but the last episode had a whole lot of nothing going on. It felt like watching your average poorly paced shounen and I hope that doesn't continue.

I have a theory that the Titans are
people, infected by some sort of virus and their minds lost to pure instict like gigantic zombies. Connie passing by his home and seeing a big immobile Titan at his home with a creepy voice reminding him of his mother (who may or may not be infact his mother) indicates it could be spread via bloodstream only rather than airborne. Titan shifters even more prominent considering where Annie, Reynhard and Berthold comes from could be the place where they're generating or was infected somehow. The Monkey/Big foot Titan talking and mastering his intelligence and strength could be the finalized or mastered form of the intended Titan Virus/Shifter ability while Titans Eren, Annie, Reynard, Berthold and Ymir are just still evolving or have yet to master their form to their fullest. It gets better as the chapters go on by, as well as the thickening plot could indicate that some politician was manipulating the attack conducted by Berthold and Reynard at the manga's start.

I really love this, though, I find Armin VERY annoying. I also didn't like the last episode, it felt to some extent like the one previous to it, I don't know I just felt it dragged on a bit. I also I like the expression of emotions in the show.

For the laughs :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY

I watched this after reading a thread about it on another forum a few days ago. Instantly hooked. I've watched up to episode 10 and I am now eagerly awaiting episode 11. Best anime soundtrack I've heard in a while. It's so epic.

yet another episode that accomplished almost nothing. I'll keep watching it and I enjoy the plot but holy shit it's like I'm watching a slightly better paced naruto. 1 minute recap at the beginning for no reason and too much stretching out boring stuff. I just want it to get to the point already :hmph:

Did I really not post in this thread until now? Time to correct that!

I just started watching this series a couple weeks ago (I'm all caught up now) and I must say I really didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I'm really enjoying it! I ran across the original intro sequence on YouTube by accident and thought it looked kind of on the strange side, but I tried out the first couple episodes anyway and while they were rather uncomfortable to watch, they hooked me well enough to get me to watch Episode 3, and things really picked up from there. Actually I thought the first couple episodes were done really well, after that. They were pretty heavy and a little disturbing, which made me hate the Titans just as much as the characters in the show. Without seeing firsthand why the Titans were so bad I might never have understood the characters' feelings about them. It added a lot of depth to the show. I also really like how sometimes entire episodes can go by basically with just people talking, but it is still really engrossing because it's done so well.

Also, for those who don't know about it yet: Attack on Titan Web Game

Back