"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Wed, Apr 17, 2013 | 12:49 BST

[h=1]Final Fantasy Versus 13 reveal scheduled[/h] Square Enix has set a date to reveal, or perhaps re-reveal, Final Fantasy Versus 13, but can’t talk about it due to a “delicate situation” within the company.

20130417_final_fantasy_versus_13.jpg

Thew news comes via director Testsuya Nomura, speaking in an episode of new podcast Square Enix Merchandise Radio, as translated by Nova Crystallis.

“It’s a delicate situation within the company,” he said.
“The date for our next reveal is set and we are working toward preparing information for that.”
The developer apologised for the delay and asked fans to wait a little longer.

I wouldn’t get too excited; Final Fantasy Versus 13 has already missed at least one planned reveal for mysterious reasons. It’s was announced close to seven years ago and we’ve barely seen hide nor hair of it.

The latest rumour has it renamed as Final Fantasy 15, and headed to PlayStation 4 and possibly the next Xbox; Square Enix came to the PS4′s reveal and announced it would show a new title at E3 this year.
Thanks, Johnny.

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/17/final-fantasy-versus-13-reveal-scheduled/

Damn, it's been that long? Almost 7 years ago? That's hella insane. I am looking forward to E3 this year (shockingly enough, this is one of the very few things we always watch together as a family.) so hopefully whatever they do at E3 is cool. I just wonder why it's such a delicate situation within the company. I guess they just want to keep it all as secret as possible.

cDTl3nb.jpg

Only Versus can get away with having the most minimal of details come out that aren't even about the game itself be construed as newsworthy with reams of comments on the internet including mine. Well, arguably, perhaps The Last Guardian can get away with it too, but that game doesn't produce the sea of memes and jokes that Versus manages to pull off, and tends to have the more sombre discussions.

But fine. If the executives finally want to peel the duct tape from Nomura's mouth in the next God-knows-when, then go for it. I mean, come the fuck on, it was only over two years ago since they revealed anything substantial, and I'm not very encouraged when you put it as a "delicate situation".

I do wish they will redesign Noctis though. I would ideally like them to just nuke this current design and start over completely, but that isn't going to happen. It's essentially Naruto's Sasuke in 3D, full of polygons and running on an engine, or as CGI. And God does the design look obnoxious. It's the most miserable looking worm I have ever seen. I just want to punch it. @Rapture, you know I am right. :ahmed:

I just want to punch it. @Rapture, you know I am right. :ahmed:

:lew::lew::lew: Good.

Anyway, I just saw this piece of news before and I just knew upon clicking the article that it would just be another "Please wait for Versus message" Yeah and you know what? I was right. Why do we need to know there was an info ban on Versus XIII? We pretty much knew it was obvious SE were offering shite pieces of tiny information that is not even informative at all. I already said this before but their reason for the info ban might be because it is not even named Versus XIII anymore and instead is going to be re announced as FF XV. The next reveal will be at e3 and everybody will be in so much shock and awe once it is re announced as FF XV. Please be excited for E3 everyone. We announced it in 2006 but please be excited for 6 and a half years later!!!

Yea I'm surprised this is even considered newsworthy. SE has been saying "wait for Versus" for years now. They keep the game quiet, and probably expect to build up hype. Sadly though most of us have stopped caring at this point. It'd be nice if Versus came out and made some of the wait worth it, but knowing how SE let me down with XIII I'm not so quick to assume. Hopefully we'll get some actual info soon. -_-

Versus news = :sleep: = :trollface:

and for people thinking they are going call it XV they like to shove this stupid news in our face about it still being Versus... just saying...

Mark my words, the reveal will confirm that the game's development has been moved to the next generation of consoles. It is way too late for a game of this magnitude to be released on a hypothetically dying generation (although current consoles will surely continue to be supported for years to come). They have invested 6 or 7 years into development and millions upon millions of dollars for it to be released on the PS3 while the PS4 is fresh into the market or right around the corner.

Fleur: "I do wish they will redesign Noctis though. I would ideally like them to just nuke this current design and start over completely, but that isn't going to happen. It's essentially Naruto's Sasuke in 3D, full of polygons and running on an engine, or as CGI. And God does the design look obnoxious. It's the most miserable looking worm I have ever seen. I just want to punch it. @Rapture, you know I am right. :ahmed:"

I'm sorry for the wack quote - I had no clue how to remove your picture and stuff like that. -_-

Anyway, do you mean the current one with the black shirt open to the inside shirt or the one we saw in the very first trailer? If you mean the current one, I would like that one removed, but I just googled Sasuke's pictures and maybe you mean the first one. I think the first one, the black jump suit, is better. The current (or at least recent) one looks cheap.

As for the news - I just read it on IGN. I hope it turns into 15, releases soon, and is the next great FF, lol, but I think that's too much to ask for these days from them. I still hope, though.

Mark my words, the reveal will confirm that the game's development has been moved to the next generation of consoles. It is way too late for a game of this magnitude to be released on a hypothetically dying generation (although current consoles will surely continue to be supported for years to come). They have invested 6 or 7 years into development and millions upon millions of dollars for it to be released on the PS3 while the PS4 is fresh into the market or right around the corner.

They started development in 2011 not before. Also they claim to be able to produce ff titles much faster like FFXIII-2 and Lightning returns . Its all about priorities.

Well it only went into development at the end of 2011, it's not been much more than a year and 1/2 that they've been developing it. I highly doubt that they've been working on a ps3 game in that time. I think it's more likely that they've stayed so silent about it because it has been moved to the ps4.

Well it only went into development at the end of 2011, it's not been much more than a year and 1/2 that they've been developing it. I highly doubt that they've been working on a ps3 game in that time. I think it's more likely that they've stayed so silent about it because it has been moved to the ps4.

Versus 13?! Either all of you people are completely insane, or I haven't kept up with any Final Fantasy news lately.

" Versus XIII has been in development since before its 2006 reveal and while you can chalk up some delays to development difficulties...."
R
From The Escapist.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...paring-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Announcement

Versus 13?! Either all of you people are completely insane, or I haven't kept up with any Final Fantasy news lately.

" Versus XIII has been in development since before its 2006 reveal and while you can chalk up some delays to development difficulties...."
R
From The Escapist.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...paring-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Announcement

Thats not correcto mundo. FULL development only in 2011. You could say before its 2006 reveal, but thats exaggerating it way too much. They focused more on FFXIII and its sequels oh and on FFXIV and its failure.

It began full production in the last few months of 2011.

But yes, obviously it was in development since 2006 in some capacity by the core staff. And that also involved throwing away some of the CGI work in favour of more seamless in-engine cutscenes.

EDIT: Damn you

R
From The Escapist.

I'm sure it started development back then, but it obviously stopped going further for many years. It wasn't until September 2011 that the game entered full production. I think at that point they had decided to change it to a ps4 game, and that in the year and 1/2 they've been developing it since it's a ps4 game they've been making, not the original ps3 game from 6 and 1/2 years ago.

Original thread about it going into full production.

Link to announcement.

Edit: aww man, you guys beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back