Multiple Platforms WWE 2K14

Tyler Breeze

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Why not? Believe it or not, there are many big wrestling fans, including me, so I'm doing this for them. We know WWE 14 comes out in the fall of this year. It's gonna be on Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3. This will also be the first WWE game under the 2K banner thus making it WWE 2K14. I really hope they don't fuck with anything. THQ was really making these games better towards the end. We also know that The Rock will be on the cover. So... Have anything serious to add to the discussion? Excited? Talk all about WWE 2K14 in here. :)

DAMMIT I was gonna start the thread after I finish catching up with other threads first, oh well .__.

Anyhoo The Rock as the poster boy means Im expecting the game to be jut as awsme as rocky. I guess the first thing Ill start off with is the roster, you wont find a bigger diva fan than me on here (maybe). Being honest Im not gonna like the diva roster this year, losing the divas more ad more everyday....but hopfully kaitlyn is finally on and if i have layla and AJ then its fine, ll make all my usually 50 diva caws anyway.

When THQ was making the game the cut off date was usually the end of WM but I think 2k does theirs alittle later after that since my friends that play the asketball games and stuff would get their rosters fitted in close to he games release. So if that true then we may end up seeing people such as

Fandango
Big E Langston (although he was here before WM he never got in the ring unil now)

I would say the shield but its obviou they should be in since their pretty active. So "New" superstars/Divas Im hoping makes it in this year are

Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Roman Raines
Titus O Neil (And the Wash Rag quotes on commentary xD)
Darren Young
Big E Langston
Fandango
Ryback
Jimmy Uso (on the disc this year)
Jey Uso (on the disc this year)
Damien Sandow (on the disc this year)
Sweet Tea (tensai or whatever the hell he wantsto call himself)
AJ Lee (on the disc)
Kaitlyn
Tamina Snuka
Aksana
Cameron
Naomi
Now the last two (funkadactlyes I cant spell it) might no mae it in if this was THQ, but their startin to wrestle more now so its a chace they might make it in but its not likely.

Do I really have to list the entire roster... its obvious the main people such as Undertaker,John freaking Cena,Randy Orton,etc are gonna be their so instead Ill mention the ones that I think arent too obvious that I hope make it in.

Tyson Kidd (I dontcare f they keep him off the game but ik lots of people want him to come back to thegae so I hope they get their wish)
Cody Rhodes (with the Mustache thats why I put hm here)
Daniel Bryan (he will be their but Im hoping we get his goat face and the "flying Goat quotes on commetary)
Triple H (he cut his hair so hats why I put him on the list)
Brock Lesner (you have to keep your thumbs crossed he makes it again)
Yoshi Tatsu
The Miz (New Hairstyle)
Justin Gabriel (its likely but Ihavent seen him wrestle on tv that much so I hope he still makes it in)
ReyMysterio (where the hell did he go)
Sin Cara (same as rey)
3mb (I dont care about those 3 losers bt I hope their on the game)
(Im missing a few but some people I didnt name cause their too obvious ther gonna makeit in but I was thinking if they had a recentchange of outfit/theme,etc lik codys mustache and such but thats all I can think of right now)

Sorry but as far as legends go, you guys wont like this but someof the legends are ok to have on the game but I still think afew of them are a waste disc space which is the reason people like te muh wanted tysn kidd doesnt get in or we get people like AJ or Tensai as dlc. but legends as long as Edge,Rock,Stone Cold,too cool (again) and Hbk are in thats more than enough.

As for features they can scrap wwe universe and add somthing new or completly change it. WWE Universe is ok but I didnt find the mode the mode that enjoyable honestly.

Modes I want to stay the same are Create an Arena,Finisher with the Top Rope,Corner,Diving and Grapple and maybe they add a submission,taunt or ground. Being ale to useour created finisher as signature still is a good idea. The created logos are fin ut really want the CAW creation to be "updated" with "new" items. the kicpads was niceidc what they add to it the onl thing I want is different items and not the same recycled garbage as the year before :(

Story mode dosnt interest me, I just play it so i can hurry up and finish it ad unlock whatever i need to for he game/achievments and then get back to ding normal matchs with characters i wanna play as.

Online mode, thats thebiggest question mark but no matter what hey do people will still hack,glich,cheat,turbo anduse modded movesets like the numbs they are no matter what 2k does to the online mode, I have nothing to say but keep bots on the game x.x

The 2K peoples have announced that they are holding a contest where fans can create their own cover for WWE 2K14, and whoever creates the best cover will be included with copies of the game once they are released. Ho. Ly. Shit! I am so fucking entering this! I knew I started doing GFX for a fucking reason! I have the chance for my GFX skills to be on the cover of a WWE video game! Aww man.... Just think about it... *dreams*. Wish me luck guys! :)

(Sorry mods, if you want to merge this post and the above post, that's cool :D) This is some pretty important news. 2K have revealed a new trailer, and it shows that The Ultimate Warrior is now going to be a downloadable character. (Well, technically a "pre order" bonus character, but they always end up getting released as DLC later on. Along with this, the trailer showed Warrior wrestling Macho Man in a WrestleMania VI arena, which leads me to believe that this game will be based on those times (Golden Era). I can't wait to see the roster for this game! I am very excited! :D

I really enjoyed WWE 13, but it was really largely down to the Attitude Era mode. Bret and Shawn circa. 97 is my all time favourite wrestling period, so it was just a trip down memory lane.

I hope they sort out the WWE Universe mode. I think it should be a little smarter when it comes to making matches for you. Unless you're gonna create everything yourself, it is essentially unplayable. I think it should be able to play like the career modes of Shut Your Mouth or Here Comes The Pain did.

(nice to know there's some fellow wrestling fans on here)

Idk if it's just me or not on this issue, but the Road to Wrestlemania IMO needs to be scrapped. That "story" is so much garbage that I can't believe it's still on the games. Please tell me I'm not the only person that's not feeling RTW because I've said for years that they need to get rid of it.

Well... I believe they've not done Road To WrestleMania since WWE '12. I myself didn't like the mode. It just seemed like a cheap way to get something like a story mode in the game. I'm very Meh on it.

A few days ago, WWE revealed a special Undertaker edition of WWE 2K14. It'll come in special packaging, along with a DVD, and two DLC characters. One being The Ultimate Warrior, and the other being The Undertaker in his "American Badass" persona.

THAT is going to be fucking dope beyond all forms of dope. Can't wait for ABA Taker! :)

For some reason I just love playing these games. Being a big WWE fan I really do want to play this game so I can play CM Punk and either make people tap or hit them with a GTS. lol

Something reminded me of this series for some reason, so here I am.

I've bought a couple of the WWE games in the past (mainly a couple of the Smackdown and Smackdown Vs Raw games), but I've never purchased them for the wrestling. This might seem bizarre, but I've only ever used these games as an easy platform to create my own little fighter game with the Create A Superstar (etc, etc) modes. Whenever I did a Battle Royale, I deleted all of the randomised WWE stars, and put my own creations in instead.

Over the games I owned I'd created demons, vampires, robots, a genie, a bear, aliens, and a handful of humans of various themes. My WWE games more closely resemble a Tekken roster than a wrestling game. I even made Cait Sith, Kefka and Don Corneo from the FF series. (Yes, Cait Sith was possible to make).

The creation modes in the games I've played have been truly excellent and you've been able to alter anything from the length and weight of individual body parts, to skin colour selections of any colour of the rainbow. That's to say nothing of the possibilities with clothing, facial morphing, etc, etc. I've never seen creation modes which rival the level of detail or freedom.

So if I was to get this game, or any in the future, it would be only for the creation options. But I'm nervous about buying a new game after so long in case these features have been trimmed down so much. I'd need to research them or wait for someone to upload them onto Youtube if I was to get it.

I think I'm better to wait a couple of years more, by the time I afford a PS4, and get one in next-gen. Only, of course, if the creation modes are excellent. If they aren't, then I'll not get one again.

Back