FFXIV General Discussion

I've been trying to do Bismarck Extreme over the last week. Not going well! I've been in some interesting parties... hmph. Last night I was in one where they started abusing another healer and I because they couldn't meet the dps check. Oh and because all the dps refused to move out of AoEs and we couldn't keep up with the damage they took. Stressful :3

Ff 14 ispretty gud just got it not too long ago ilike it at lvl 10
What class are you? I started with archer but moved to white mage because I find healing more fun.

Hmm, looks like a lot of people who are hungry for Gil.

If you want to split 100,000 Gil for FFXIV then please help me in my task; http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/62453-Attention!

I don't play this game so I am willing to give it all away just as long as I get more than five posts in each of the threads I link to in the above post. I've only got 12 hours from 1AM last night.

please help.

I would like another smiley :pooley:

Made this video so the people over on GAF can give me a few tips on my healing (it's a wipe at the end). But man, trying to get this Thordan Ex clear will be the end of me.

It drags on for so long. What makes it worse is that this was one of my 'better' runs. A lot of groups can't even beat the two Knights at the beginning so making parties with random people is like playing Russian roulette. Furthest I've gotten him is around 15%. Can't quite get there! Need to use Cure III more at the end apparently.

The Choco barding is sooo cool and I want it, but you need 15 clears :|

Made this video so the people over on GAF can give me a few tips on my healing (it's a wipe at the end). But man, trying to get this Thordan Ex clear will be the end of me.

It drags on for so long. What makes it worse is that this was one of my 'better' runs. A lot of groups can't even beat the two Knights at the beginning so making parties with random people is like playing Russian roulette. Furthest I've gotten him is around 15%. Can't quite get there! Need to use Cure III more at the end apparently.

The Choco barding is sooo cool and I want it, but you need 15 clears :|

Holy SHIT. That looks fun, though! Lmao. If you know what you're doing that seems like an interesting fight. :8F: Here I am paying attention to your MP and seeing how tough it is to keep people topped......... Which it doesn't seem to be unless they get hit, but you know.... get gud. :lew: Thanks for uploading this! :lew:

Edit: Why the fuck did that Scholar take so long to accept the raise? :brooding:

Favourite part to watch was Ultimate End and how well-prepped both healers have to be to avoid wiping the group there: Stoneskin, Fey Covenant, Adloquium, Deployment Tactics, Sacred Soil, then a well-timed Cure III. Moments like THAT would feel amazing. :8F:

I think I may be inclined to thrust a lot of the blame on that Scholar there, for being dead for a good few minutes and therefore the very little mitigation being dished out on the tanks when it came to what I think may be tank busters.

OMG IT Stevieeee rrunnnnnnnnnnn

in seriously, how active is your community on XIV? pretty much everybody that I played with has either left the server or are just raiding, and I'm all alone on my server :O, I was thinking of transfering to Gilgamesh where Mrhappy is as i'm a veteran sub, but then i tjought of you guys. so if you guys play a decent ton, I would transfer over to your server

I would bring a ton of exp and good geared 60 blm/smn 'I raided til mid 3.1'

First of all welcome back, Stevie.

People from here still play frequently though for most it seems to be in bursts. From what I've seen we don't really do a lot of harder content together(EX primals/Coil/Savage) but we do on occasion so if you're looking for something more serious you're better off trying to find a static. Hopefully a good and serious static.

Al has covered most of the good points above.

It depends what you want, really. If you're thinking of tackling the challenging raid content and want a consistent group experience, moving to Gilgamesh would be the better option. I've not had much experience with Lamia's Party Finder, but I've seen plenty of dissatisfaction with regards to how active it is and the overall quality of the people you find. It's ultimately a very middle-of-the-road and laid back a server that isn't renowned for anything, so expect a primarily casual experience if you wish to come over to Lamia.

I can't say for sure, because I've not been playing the game myself, but I think our activity as a whole has been more spotty and less frequent in these recent months. There are still people here who are consistently on and others will log in now and then, but it won't be surprising (as of now) to see the Free Company a bit quieter than it used to be. A combination of real life taking primacy and possibly fatigue I would say.

Personally, I would move to Balmung. Who doesn't want to ERP on the side? I'm already a blonde Miqo'te myself. I would fit right in. :monster:

I recorded this one. My Seph Ex clear earlier! From a yucky AST perspective.

Didn't DPS in the third phase buuut in my defence, during fights like these where it's not required, I prefer to make sure I'm prepared for people screwing up. At least in clear parties. Before this run people were messing up the colours even!

Also apparently I kept forgetting about AST's cards and was just straight up White Mage(ing?) towards the end. Who knows what else I neglected :wacky: Whoops.

Fun fight, though Thordan was much harder. At least before the patch.

I recorded this one. My Seph Ex clear earlier! From a yucky AST perspective.

Didn't DPS in the third phase buuut in my defence, during fights like these where it's not required, I prefer to make sure I'm prepared for people screwing up. At least in clear parties. Before this run people were messing up the colours even!

Also apparently I kept forgetting about AST's cards and was just straight up White Mage(ing?) towards the end. Who knows what else I neglected :wacky: Whoops.

Fun fight, though Thordan was much harder. At least before the patch.

Amazing. That recovery, dude! Major respect. :lew: Astrologian, too! You'll receive no more shit from me, sir! :D

Oh my god.

I think I'm finally (yes, I'm late) beginning to understand why so many people are skeptical when they have an Astrologian (or two) in their party. These passed... two days or so I've seen so many WTF-worthy Astrologians in my party. Cleric stance dealing damage when massive damage is coming in for the raid, then just standing there over-healing when no healing is needed. Overwriting cards while they see you apply yours... Taking on Nocturnal stance but not shielding at all.

:rage: WHY. Not every Astrologian is that bad.

I was just doing A6... and then A8 and this Astro co-healer... (the same one too, fml) Just omg. How embarrassing to have a mentor crown by your name is all I have to say. Shame on you. :|

I was just doing A6... and then A8 and this Astro co-healer... (the same one too, fml) Just omg. How embarrassing to have a mentor crown by your name is all I have to say. Shame on you. :|

You are telling me about mentors. There was a DRK (mentor) in my A7 run, who seemed to think that moving to another member was okay during the phase of member targeting. We had two attempts, and he kept giving awful advice. The truth is I believe he had never cleared it, but the mentor sign was above his head obviously for getting one of each "type" of class to 60.

Another instance, there was a WHM who was a mentor would refuse to switch out of cleric stance for an AST in A8. AST had far better gear, and far better utility for damage. This WHM would try to heal in cleric stance eventually. To be honest, I think he was just trolling because I couldn't even imagine how one healer could carry the whole group with split damage allocated throughout each member.

Anyway... those people will be people. Stubborn and yet they are leaders (mentors).

You are telling me about mentors. There was a DRK (mentor) in my A7 run, who seemed to think that moving to another member was okay during the phase of member targeting. We had two attempts, and he kept giving awful advice. The truth is I believe he had never cleared it, but the mentor sign was above his head obviously for getting one of each "type" of class to 60.

Another instance, there was a WHM who was a mentor would refuse to switch out of cleric stance for an AST in A8. AST had far better gear, and far better utility for damage. This WHM would try to heal in cleric stance eventually. To be honest, I think he was just trolling because I couldn't even imagine how one healer could carry the whole group with split damage allocated throughout each member.

Anyway... those people will be people. Stubborn and yet they are leaders (mentors).

Welp! Solo-healing was basically what I had to do cause this Astrologian died twice, and quite frankly... I wasn't going to waste the MP anymore on his stupid mistakes (though, solo healing isn't that bad). Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but if you're purposely standing in mechanics and not even trying to dodge, or DPSing at the wrong times then I'm not going to waste my time on you. I shouldn't have to worry about topping my co-healer off at 30% MP after raising 2 people (one of them being the co-healer) WHO IS CASTING FRIGGIN' Aspected Helios AND protect before giving himself a cure or two. Omg. LET ME AT 'EM!

I normally am not this negative about the whole mentor situation, but I think "having 3 different classes to 60" is the dumbest concept ever. Just because you FATE/dungeon spammed your way to 60 it doesn't mean you know the ins and outs the class has to offer and how to utilize them. I've seen far worse, but it's been getting on my nerves lately with healers.

First 3 minutes in and already 4 deaths (two of which were my co-healer) WOE IS ME. :wacky: We just had to wipe and start over.

Some White Mages (randoms) I've come across are definitely arrogant... but then some Astrologians are just plain ignorant. >.> /end rant.

Well that's just a lesson learned for you: Mentors can be shite too. Sorry that happened but at least most of Alex normal can be solo healed at this point.

Some White Mages (randoms) I've come across are definitely arrogant...
:sad3: (I swear I'm only joking around with the stuff I say!)

But yuuus. I agree. Three classes to 60 is such a stupid requirement for the mentor system. Most people only do it for the crown next to their name anyway (the mentor chat is only ever filled with 20 or whatever people, with only a handful ever actually doing anything). Really silly that SE decided that they'd implement an exclusive mount into the game that's only acquirable by completing 2000 roulettes as a mentor, too. People are more focused on getting that than actually... helping.

Also I think the game could explain a few of the AST quirks a bit better. I know that I didn't have a clue about the card overwriting until I did it to you a while back in Alex xD It's just awkwardly designed and I can 'get' why people might come off a bit ignorant maybe. But then again I don't main the class and I'd never use it in a mentor roulette. Dunno!

:sad3: (I swear I'm only joking around with the stuff I say!)

But yuuus. I agree. Three classes to 60 is such a stupid requirement for the mentor system. Most people only do it for the crown next to their name anyway (the mentor chat is only ever filled with 20 or whatever people, with only a handful ever actually doing anything). Really silly that SE decided that they'd implement an exclusive mount into the game that's only acquirable by completing 2000 roulettes as a mentor, too. People are more focused on getting that than actually... helping.

Also I think the game could explain a few of the AST quirks a bit better. I know that I didn't have a clue about the card overwriting until I did it to you a while back in Alex xD It's just awkwardly designed and I can 'get' why people might come off a bit ignorant maybe. But then again I don't main the class and I'd never use it in a mentor roulette. Dunno!

I know, I know! Randoms. You're not a random! Just a random Rosso... Eh? Eh? :wacky: Then again... that's why I made that Backstreet Boys raise. Just for you! :andry:

I agree with you on the explanations in this game. I really didn't remember until a few nights ago I was helping my cousin, and I was like man... None of this stuff was explained. I remember years ago how upset I was with the game, thinking I'd never understand it. :| But once you do, it's a breeze.

It also took me a while to realise the cards overwrite each other. Even the Aspected Helios' overwrite, which is dumb, cause WHM gets double... BROKEN. OP! :wacky:

I think "mentor" roulette, when used properly, can be an amazing thing. It's just the majority of people having the mentor status are... well... morons.

This is what happens when you get Disconnected every 15-30 minutes and your ISP will not tell you what happened to cause the packet Loss. I counted way more disconnects than that but I feel that FFXIV got tired of reporting them lol. I dragged out blacksmith and carpentry to 8/9 last night, but finished up at lunch today:

Cry.pngDisc.png

I was pretty angry, due to I told Kura Kai (RL Friend) I would run him through his 50 lvl dungeons to get him his 50 dungeon roulette unlocked. Though to be honest, I sort of needed a breather and crafting was nice until I had to worry about disconnecting during a fieldcraft levequest. :monster:

I also find that in leveling roulettes below 50 Atrologians tend to try DPS more than they heal. Leveling up my tanks I can't count how many times an AST let me die by papercuts on trash pulls just because they were too busy DPSing to watch my health. Honestly, I'd understand it more if it was a Scholar doing that because at least SCH damage counts for something + having a pet to heal, but it's always the AST. Perhaps it has something to do with starting at 30 instead of 1 like the other healers...

I still need to level my crafters, then I'll get mentor status but idk if I'll ever use it, heard bad things.

Dogtag%20Captain%20Squee.png

I also find that in leveling roulettes below 50 Atrologians tend to try DPS more than they heal. Leveling up my tanks I can't count how many times an AST let me die by papercuts on trash pulls just because they were too busy DPSing to watch my health. Honestly, I'd understand it more if it was a Scholar doing that because at least SCH damage counts for something + having a pet to heal, but it's always the AST. Perhaps it has something to do with starting at 30 instead of 1 like the other healers...

That's been the case for me but with Dark Knights.

I remember a good number of them a year ago who barely even knew how to perform the basics of their role. You could tell, because they were busy on one mob while four others were chasing the DPS and I around. The problem is that any player can unlock the job after one quest and can instantly throw themselves into the Duty Finder when they have no business doing so.

And on the topic of Astrologian, as much as I find the job a lot of fun, it's also frustrating either because there are so many little elements that I remain oblivious to, or the RNG gets on my tits from time to time. Ewers on a Dark Knight would be a waste for example. Arrows are nice and all on a DPS like a Monk until they notice their TP drop like a stone and the one time you want to throw them a Spire you keep drawing Ewers, etc. Spear I still don't even properly know when to use them, if I should use that card at all and not just Royal Road it.

I need a DPS to level up though. I'm too conscious of the fact that I hog up the healer space (to be fair, I was one of the earlier healer mains on this site...) I think next week's Palace of the Dead patch can be a nice time to try one out. :gasp:

A10s clear from today! In my opinion it's far easier to heal than A9s. Though I think Tom does more DPS in that one so I have to heal lots more because the MT is just constantly getting hit. Typical Scholar etc etc.

Didn't do much dps because well first clear and everything plus we had spent two hours wiping between 50-20% and I was playing it safe. ALSO at one point I missed two Aero IIIs and an Aero II in a row and it upset me :rage:

Back