FFXIV General Discussion

So I transferred my character to Leviathan a few weeks ago. Wish I had checked here first since most of you are on Lamia = X If anyone else is on Leviathan and wants to play, hit me up!

my beta char is on leviathan...though ive not touched it since i made my main on lamia. do you have to pay for a server transfer?

I found this game for the PS3 on Amazon (listed as being 'new' so it should work!) for only £5 yesterday. I bought it last night, and interestingly it should be arriving tomorrow. I never thought I would, but I guess I will be playing this a bit too.

I see that most people from FFF are on the Lamia server, so I will try to get into that server too. I'm not sure how the server thing works, but if you can choose a server easily I'll go for that one.

I hope I see some of you around on there from time to time. I'll have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but I've heard it is fun.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Dangor. Though it is doubtful that you'll be able to play the game much tomorrow since you'll have to download the in-game stuff and create your character and that's about it. Then on Tuesday morning your time there will be a major update coming so you wont be able to play it then. While you wait I would start deciding on what race you want to be and what job you want to start with. Also I would go on and make your square enix account to save you some time tomorrow too. It'll be a bit slow in the beginning and repetitive but once you start unlocking everything it'll get 10x more fun.

Personally I'd recommend a DPS(Damage-per-second) class to start. They have the easiest job in most dungeons compared to the Tank and Healer and you can use DPS to help teach you what you should and shouldn't do as a Tank/Healer.

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. Also if you need any gear don't be afraid to ask about that too. We can help save you a bit of Gil this way. I may not be able to do much yet but I can make you some clothing if you decide to go down the magic route.

I was preparing myself for a massive install, etc. :sad2: I'm working tomorrow too, so I'll have to set it up as soon as I get home and hope that I at least have time to go through the character creation process.

I didn't know about setting up a Square-Enix account too, so I'll make sure that is done before tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

I have a rough idea about race, but I'm not sure. I might just experiment in the character creation mode, so whatever I decide looks best at that time I'll end up as that. Then I'll build from there.

Square-Enix constantly "temporarily suspends" my account for some reason, and I have to constantly change passwords. It's an irritating bit of mild inconvenience. /first world problems

My (second) character is up and running on Lamia and has already met Mitsuki in the mines. I would join SE7, but I don't know how active I'll be these days.

Just go with whatever you feel like I'd say. Outside of the starter equipment the equipment is the same for all races and the stats for the individual classes make very little difference when you start so overall it really comes down to whatever you feel like being.

It shouldn't take too long to install depending on your connection. I'd say no longer than 2 hours as a guess. You may have enough time to make your character and play a bit depending on your free time tomorrow. No problem and good luck sir!

Joining our Company isn't really something you have to be overly active for. Jeff and I won't be playing for a while 'cause we can't really spare the subscription costs at the moment, but it's just a friendly company who can help you out with dungeon runs and gear if you need it. =]

I'm in the linkshell for the forums, rather than the FC as I hammered the gmae for a while so i needed to find a guild that i could do end game content with, but i think youve all caught up now havent you?

not been on myself for a while, my subscription is due to come out in a couple of days, thinking of just suspending it for a while myself ):

I'm all registered and installed now, and I've created my character on the Lamia server.

My character's name is Polyphemos Bromios.

It turns out that I went for a piratey theme, and I ended up as a (quite bizarre looking) Sea Wolf living in Limsa Lominsa. I'm just learning the ropes at the moment, but if anybody is ever about (and providing I have some sort of mobility and am not trapped half a world away) give me a shout. Unless you want to do something important, in which case I'd be currently useless. :sad2:

I have resubbed for this after realising I had 7 euro on my XIV account as it is!

Beren McGee is my characters name!

I sooooo want to resub to this game, but stuff keeps coming up and I just don't have time. Don't forget about me though, I'll be back one of these days! :(

Square-Enix constantly "temporarily suspends" my account for some reason, and I have to constantly change passwords. It's an irritating bit of mild inconvenience. /first world problems

Yeah I keep getting that problem too. Maybe its a PS3 thing.

More players. Sweet. :) It was getting a bit lonely for awhile there. Dungeons, anyone?

I can do some dungeons but I haven't unlocked all of the endgame dungeons/trials.(most notably Crystal Tower and the other Extreme Primals)I'm still stuck on Garuda Extreme and given my previous experience on HM and the horror stories I've heard thus far Titan Extreme is going to make me cry. My BLM is ilvl79 and my WHM is somewhere in the range of ilvl73-76 I forgot.

I haven't even touched the Extreme yet, Al. I'm a little afraid to do so. xD I had such a hard time with Garuda Hard Mode, and to be frank, I've only done that once. As a dragoon, it's really hard to maneuver around unless you get a bit of practice. Now that my Bard is level 50 (working on getting relic weapon still), maybe I'll have an easier time with the Primals HM.

I've unlocked Crystal Tower, but haven't touched it yet either. I've mainly been crafting since I find it enjoyable. Mining for darksteel ores and one star recipes is proving to be a pain though, but I have quite a few in stash already. Now if only I can make them HQ. Only managed to successfully craft a few. :lew:

Hit me up in the game when you see me on.

ive only done garuda extreme so far, failed miserably on titan repeatedly.

my subscription has ran out now though, not renewing it yet as i have too much irl stuff tobe getting on with (i say this, yet ive been sat on facebook literally ALL day long lol)

I don't think that I've even unlocked the dungeon thing yet.

I've seen a couple of them marked on the map with a special symbol, but I've not been told about them or anything.

I'm getting there though! I'm now level 18, and I have been given an airship pass to travel across the the continent. I think I might be able to use ferries now too, but I've not attempted it yet. Lots to do!

Regardless to say, I'd be very useless in difficult dungeons with all of you guys unless my role is to act as a lunch distraction. :sad2:

Yeah I don't think I could ever handle being a Dragoon or Monk. I'll probably raise a Bard and Warrior eventually and call it a day on the battle classes. Thus far Weaver is my only crafting class at 50. It is likely that the next class I get to 50 will probably be Botanist. But thanks, Mits. The only thing is that I will never get notifications and will often forget to check who's online. Plus on the PS4 we never get any notifications :(

You just need to practice, Dangor. Since you're a Tank you are the leader in dungeons. When you go everyone(should) follow. The first few dungeons are not bad but I'd say once you get to Brayflox Longstep it'll probably be the first dungeon that gives you difficulty. Have you been to the other city-states ?

I haven't visited any other city states yet. But I'm just about to hop onto an airship for a quest in the other two cities. I have feeling that it will only be a one-off trip for now, but the world will eventually open up for me.

It's not that there isn't plenty to do in and around Limsa Lominsa anyway.

If I don't need to wait for the game to introduce dungeons to me, then I might give a couple of easy ones a go. But the game hasn't sent me to one yet.

Levequests and levemetes are good for now too if I can't yet do dungeons.

Back