FFXIV General Discussion

I'm still active, too. Wasn't for a few days, but eh... Seven Rivers is the username. Monk. =]

My free month is almost up and I probably won't be renewing the subscription for a couple weeks so I can get through a couple other games I'm working on at the moment, so I'll be on for a while every evening for the next few days. I want to hit level 23 before the subscription ends :lew:

I wanna post in that Screen Shoot Corner thread, but every time I try to take a screenshot in the game using my keyboard, it says Screenshot Failed. Not sure why. Any suggestions...?

Not sure about why it would say that the screenshot attempt has failed.

Taking a screenshot with your controller requires you to press L1, and start. See if that works, it really shouldn't be any different like the prt scn on the keyboard though... :hmmm: Let me know if it works?

Mitsuki

@Mitsuki this is on PC, right? My first guess is that something's preventing the game from writing where it wants to. Your screenshots get put in the "C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\screenshots" folder. Is this folder even on your PC? If it's missing for some reason, you could try making it yourself. If it isn't, you might try checking the folder's permissions (right click > Properties > Security > Edit) and making sure that every user account is set to full 'Allow' access. You could even try running the game as Admin.

Kirito - No, PS3. =]

I finally managed to fix it. I had to delete the client and installed the new client that I apparently ignored for a few months now. Took 4 hours to re-install, but at least I can use the screenshots again. :)

I came across this comic about retainers. Pretty much sums it up for my two retainers. :ryan:

040314_retainers.png

Lots of fish...although I've also gotten some neat stuff too. Last night one of them came back with an i60 Jackboots. Don't think I'll need it for Dragoon, unless I level up my tank classes, which I have no plans anytime soon.
Shredder How are you faring with the game so far? :)

I finally got some play time in today. :awesome:

Btw, I changed my character's appearance a bit so she's not gigantic anymore. xD

One of my retainers is really rude, if i call him when hes on a venture, he's a right arse! my other one is lovely... but him...he needs firing -__-

ive had a few darklight items off him though, and aldgoat skin... would prefer boar skin as im out of that haha

what are you levelling for crafting now mits? ive been neglecting all my job classes, my crafters are all nearly max level... i have a butt tonne of materia to affix so i can start makign better stuff, but im just concentrating on gettign to 50 first. should at least make myself HQ acccessories though i suppose....

I accidentally wasted my fantasia so didnt end up geting to edit my character, i changed race, then accidentally hit accept. bad times.

I finally got some play time in today. :awesome:

Btw, I changed my character's appearance a bit so she's not gigantic anymore. xD

That took forever!

Are you still Roegadyn or did you switch to Hyur? Roegadyns are already taller than your average Hyur, so for you to crank the height up was hilarious. :P

And you should hook up a keyboard so we can communicate in the game.

@Bambi - That's probably 'cause you made him rude. ;)

I have some boar skin still if you need some.

I'm leveling all my crafting and gathering classes. So far, I've got four crafting classes to level 50 (carpenter, alchemist, armorer, blacksmith). The rest are level 46-47. DoL (botanist level 50, mining level 48, and fishing level 38). So I'm slowly getting there. Fishing is proving to be a bit of a pain though. Such a hassle having to find the right location, the right bait for it (if available in my inventory), etc. So I'm just doing a bunch of leves for that. I can't wait to get rid of all my crafting gears.

As for fantasia, they're going to be selling those soon. Upcoming update. So wait, you're not Miqo'te anymore? And have you started on your Atma weapon yet?

Actually, I was always a Hyur Highlander and I still am. I just lowered the height a bit. I noticed I had it at the tallest setting, which was like 73 inches, haha. I know I have some extra keyboards around here. I'm going to check to see if I have a wireless one. Using a wired one is pretty much a disaster waiting to happen with Shelby running around. :lew:

Oh wait what was I thinking..? Yeah I forgot about the highlanders.

When I was still playing on the PS3, I ended up switching to a wireless keyboard too. Same reason as you. Now that I'm on the PC, I bought an XBox 360 wired controller since I prefer controller vs keyboard movement. But my son chewed up the wire while I was at work. I'm surprised it still works 'cause there's a lot of bite marks on it. I'll probably end up buying another one in a few months.

yeah im a miquote i just changed the miquote race to the one with the proper cat eyes....seeker of the sun i think

and il totally come begging for boar skin lol, the market prices are starting to get stupid ): i did buy a load of HQ iron ore for cheap though and sold it on for like a 30k profit :D

i wouldnt midnt eh fishing too much if it wasnt for the bloody bait, my DoL are all 50 now and fishing is the one ive never used since...waste of time really i think. though the fish i end up with always sell i suppose

DoH I have WVR, LTW & GSM at 50, the rest are all level 41, been saving up my leves so been meaning to power on but not really done out for a few days

Bambi Very nice. If you sell materia, you can make a huge profit from those too.

Here's Patch 2.28 Notes

Downloading patch now.

I like that they've added 'Try On' to preview gear. Useful for vanity purposes.

When repairing items, no need to change class so long as you meet the class conditions. Less hassle! Although... "Players will no longer receive experience points for repairing gear." I liked the extra exp. Oh well..

FATEs - "Boss enemies in certain FATEs will have their HP reduced proportional to the number of participants in the previous FATE." Useful for Atma grinding. :ryan:

Crafting Log - ability to filter category. Finally...

And still no news about another inventory page for FC.

ive never once repaired any items, couldn't be bothered changing to multiple classes to do all my stuff....wish I knew you got exp lol

and cheers for the boar skins lol :D

Actually, I was always a Hyur Highlander and I still am. I just lowered the height a bit. I noticed I had it at the tallest setting, which was like 73 inches, haha. I know I have some extra keyboards around here. I'm going to check to see if I have a wireless one. Using a wired one is pretty much a disaster waiting to happen with Shelby running around. :lew:

my character used to be a fem hyur highlander

after our coil group formed someone made a joke about us sentencing the first boss to death by snu snu and they started calling me snu snu :wacky:

Back