Help Dark Aeon Strategies?

Spam43

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Anyone recommend a good strategy to defeat the Dark Aeons? I've since beaten only Valefor, I've challenged Ifrit & Bahamut and have probably got around 1 or 2 turns in before they wipe out my party. any suggestions? :)

Summon Yojimbo (if you got him) and pay him a lump sum amount of money to get him to do Zanmato. That should kill em when used 2-5 times.

If you want to kill the dark aeons without the help of Yojimbo you should do this strategy:

for Dark Yojimbo and the more stronger dark aeons you need to have at least 140 LUCK and Defence etc. all max - 255.
I googled several times to find out how to get those luck spheres..

Fortune spheres: Eartheater
Luck spheres: Greater Sphere

Defeat those monsters at the battle arena, I believe they are both unique created fiends. forgot exactly..

Im not sure, I do know with LUCK you get less damage from enemies..
also the ultimate weapons is a must, no matter the Break Damage Limit other weapons dont do max 999,999 damage and the ultimate weapons do always... bummer though cuz I have some other awesome weapons as well...

Also LUCK you will always hit the enemy/fiend
without luck at least 140 the fiend will always evade your attacks.

Wakka's attack reels is a must have for the dark aeons like Harly mentioned, they are ace.

You get the sigil for his ultimate weapon at the season/league, you must be number 1.

A word of advice - I have spend ages to get the sigil but It never showed up until I reset everything...maybe its wise to reset it in the beginning till you see the sigil as an award.

(This is related to the topic cuz you will need Wakka's attack reels for PENANCE especially and all the dark aeons)

Also use the celestial weapons only. Other weapons even with limit break are not as effective. A shame cause I made my own weapons but they are not as effective.

See this thread: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/42326-Dark-Aeons

Thanks for this Ohri-Jin, I will apply these methods for next time!

Also, it's worth mentioning that I have 255 on Accuracy but my luck is really low probably around 40. Is it still crutial that I increase my luck even though my accuracy is maxed out?

Yup unfortunately its still crucial. Im waiting for FFXHD so I can kill the dark aeons without the help of Yojimbo :P.

I had all the major stats 255, def, atk accuracy etc. Except luck. I found out about the importance of Luck while browsing the internet.

Luck must be 140 minimal. Suddenly dark Yojimbo could not evade all of my attacks, he gave me less damage etc.

Also dont forget about the status ailments of some dark aeons like petrify etc. Auto haste on my Tidus helped a lot and Wakka's reels are essential.

Yeah, i'm waiting for the HD remake also, I think using Zanmato is about cheap personally, but honestly I forgot about using it at all :P
Status ailments are a pain with the dark aeons, but that's what Ribbon is for :)
I've just added Auto Haste to Tidus, Wakka & Auron and it's helped massively!

Back