Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I have actually extensively searched and I can't find a thread on this anywhere and I must say I'm shocked

I got into this after season 1 had ended, I'm not sure I'd even heard of it at that point, Im ashamed to say. Luckily the boy had it on Blu-ray, so he made me watch it. SO glad he did, it's up there with one of my favourite shows ever. I was traumatised by Merle being left on that roof though lol, was glad to see he got away, minus one hand, and was even glader (is that even a word?) when he turned back up again in season 3. *fist pump*

Thought season 2 was enjoyable, despite it being somewhat slow once they reached the farm, had an explosive ending, and despite how obvious it was when Sophia emerged from the barn mid season, I actually did not see it coming and it really knocked me for 6!

I've jumped right on the Daryl fangirl bandwagon as well. I will rage quit the show if he ever leaves

I think America gets the final episode on Sunday... so Il stay out of this thread until ive watched the finale next week

Was so excited when season 3 came round, and i wasnt dissapointed in a single episode, i thought the last 2 eps before the penultimate were a tad slow, but the rest of the season was right up there with amazingness

I was gutted that Loris death made me cry as i had been looking forward to her dying for so long hahaha, was gutted to lose T-Dog as well. Bit concerned by how thinned out the group is now, and Im wondering

il spoiler tag the most recent episode and hope the above hasnt spoiled anything for anyone <_<

I think my worst moment yet though was Merles death!! Had I not had a spoiler on facebook i would not have seen that coming either, he had the best exit so far, getting wasted and drawing all the walkers to Woodbury! Then to get shot by the governor... nooooooo D: i really enjoyed his character, he was a complete nob head, but he was brilliant. SO looking forward to Friday, and hoping the governor gets whats comning to him. friom the trailer its looking like the group are packign up and leaving, there will obviously be a fight, but its whether they ambush them there, or back at woodbury. Glad rick didnt sacrifce michonne either, i was cursing merle. I hope the group realise what he tried to do for them in the end ):

I like this show. I liked the first season, though I thought it felt weird when they reached the laboratory. I actually really enjoyed the second season despite its slowness. The third season was pretty good too, though my overall interest in the show waned a little bit while watching it.

The strange thing with this series is that I enjoy watching it, but I dislike/am apathetic towards most of the characters bar Michonne, Glen and Darryl. It says a lot when one of the most likeable characters is the guy riding a bike with the SS logo on it. :wacky:

I just recently got into the show, I have to say overall I am impressed, the series doesn't consentrate strictly on crazy zombies like most Zombie things, it isn't all action or anything like that, yes there is action, there is Zombie killing (obviously :wacky: ) but overall the series deals with peoples personal problems, and groups of people and society.

I have to say one thing though, I am not liking the end of season 3

Andrea's death and also Carl is turning into a very heartless person... Not sure if I am going to enjoy season 4 or not...

Also I do enjoy the Comic book game (think it is just called the Walking Dead) it is very good and recommend it while it is on sale.

I've not seen the show myself (mostly out of fear), but my Dad is crazy about it. Like seriously, he'll go through anything he has to if it means he can watch the latest episode. He also hates the spoilers from websites. XD

I guess I'll have to check it out eventually. If everybody loves it, it can't be that bad, right? XD

It's not all that scary to be honest. It is rarely suspenseful and you can generally guess when a zombie will appear. The scenes with zombie attacks tend to put more focus on action than horror.

The gore sometimes bothers me though. It sometimes seems a bit unnecessary to show zombies getting curb stomped etc..

In regards to season 3
I was kind of glad to see both Lori and Andrea go as I didn't like either of them, though Andrea's stand off with the Guvna was pretty cool. I was a bit disappointed that T-Dog was killed off so early. He was pretty much insignificant in season 2 and it just seemed like his character would be put to use again in season 3 before he died.

Just watched the finale!!

can't beleive the governor is still going! Didnt actually expect Andrea to die tbh, not sure who the token pain in the arse will be now haha. Guttttted about Milton, was really hoping he would join the group

I was shocked at carl shooting that boy like he did!

Also., why the fuck didnt they stay at woodbury??? They knew there was like only a couple of them left after he shot all the other people, they could have easily held it for when the governor returns....!

I still miss Merle ): Glad the group knew what he did for them <3

I got into it towards the end of season 2. The people I was lodging with at the time watched it all the time but I avoided it as much as I could so I could catch up in time for season 3 to start. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and the first half of 3 but the second half was damn slow with little plot progression (however thank fuck for Merle returning. He kept me interested). Just seemed that too many endings were either "we're goin' to woar" or "Gotta kill the Gov'ner". Well fuck, didn't you say that at the end of the last episode, prick.

Sad to see Merle finally go, as well as a few others. Was hoping he would stay to bring some interesting character to the now thinning group but alas it was not to be. Hope season 4 will pick up again otherwise I may not bother for too long.

The Walking Dead is probably the best Series out their right now, My Brother got me into it months ago before they started making new episodes for season 3, so he had me watch season 1 and 2 in one weekend and i ended up getting my mom to watch the show now too. The videogame is just as awsome as the show, alot of people wasn't to happy with how season 3 ended but I liked it, I liked the way it went and this gives us a chance to regroup for the coming battle with you know who for season 4. Daryl is my favorite right next to Magie,Rick and Michone.
I have to put this in here but i will never forget the faithful cry Rick did when he found ou what happened to laurie and then it just goes off. I know its supposed to be sad but I couldnt help but laugh cause the way he cried and shouted was funny as hell xD

I read that Beth, Sasha, Tyrese and Karen will be bumped up to regulars. Lol about time for Beth. And Melissa McBride should have her name in the opening credits. I did not care much for Carol in the first two seasons, but starting in season three she's become one of my favorite characters :)

I am sad at what happened to Andrea's character. She was awesome in the comics, being the groups sharp shooter. (And she wasn't whiny and annoying) Too bad they had to make her just awful in the show. I wonder if Maggie is going to take her place in the show?

I started watching it last summer and it was pretty great, but season 3 started to get really boring after I'd read through the comic. I hate to compare the two because they're basically their own entity at this point, but I really didn't like how some things were handled. I still haven't finished season 3, but I do want to because some of the stuff exclusive to the show was good, but I haven't had the motivation to do so. I probably won't keep up with the show after this season, though.

i've just finished catching up to series 3 tonight. it was a decent ending, but didn't really leave me desperate for series 4. it was a little bit of an anti-climactic ending, and it felt more like a mid-series episode. i really dislike how they haven't explained the governor out of it. why didn't he go back to woodbury? is he done for good? i'm assuming not and we'll see a bit more of him in the future, maybe as a supporting character more than the antagonist.

i'm also quite excited by the prospect of the recently announced spin-off series. i think it's a really good idea to be telling the story of other survivors. i just hope they don't keep too close to the original show and instead look at what's happening in a completely different part of the country. i really don't want the two to cross over at all.

I thought merles departure was fantastic, I was gutted when someone spoiled it on fb, grrrrr

season 4 is on in a fortnight wooooo

i don't think it's the last we will see of the governor, I don't think he's been explained out of it because he's gunna do a merle and crop up in the fufutur

cant wait woop

Jack's Smirking Revenge

Have you seen the webisodes yet? About 7 clips 1 min. each explaining the half body female zombie's background and three clips about other survivors. They are really good for webisodes.

What spin off? I never heard about it before ! Cant wait. I got my mom into the walking dead now hehe so awesome. I cant wait for season 4. My mom is now mid season 3 and she accomplished this in one week. Thats rare I tell ya.

the webisodes aren't available outside the us. i'm not sure if they were included as dvd extras, but i don't think they were. i've seen what is basically a summary of the first one, which spoiled it a bit for me. i really want to see the whole thing though.

the spin off is exactly that: a spin off from the walking dead focusing on an entirely new set of characters

the webisodes aren't available outside the us. i'm not sure if they were included as dvd extras, but i don't think they were. i've seen what is basically a summary of the first one, which spoiled it a bit for me. i really want to see the whole thing though.

the spin off is exactly that: a spin off from the walking dead focusing on an entirely new set of characters

Damn you're right man that sucks. They apparantly released season 3 of the webisodes. You can watch them here

Season 1 Torn Apart:
http://vimeo.com/m/54231168

Season 2 Cold Storage:
http://www.tvweb.com/news/watch-all-four-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-webisodes

Season 3 Oath:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=87907

Well they embedded them from youtube, but I couldnt watch them from machinima on youtube.

So far only site that lets me see them. They work. I dont think you need to seee them in chronologically order.

Season 1 is Torn Up (Its torn apart :tehe: )
Season 2 is in the freezer or something (Its Cold Storage)
Season 3 the oath but divided in own categories?
Just for Summary:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/tag/videotype/webisode

I'll try to find good links for all clips! Bambi

You know what forget what I said about seasons its confusing me. I thought cold storage was season 2 but apparantly its season 3. Anyway enjoy!

Season 4 Episode 1!
What did you guys think? That woman was alive but looked like a scary zombie. That zombie with no eyes scary as hell. I had to get used to all these new ppl, but second half was a thrill. Cant wait for next episode.

i really liked the first episode. i felt the issue with series 3 was that the zombies never felt like anything more than an inconvenience, but they've been made a threat again. i get the feeling that the majority of the new cast are just fodder since they were running very low on that after the last series. really excited for episode 2.

Back