War of the Lions FF:T war of the lions

GabrielleTheLost

ShinRa Guard
Gil
i got jeanne d'arc for psp in febuaray and i am all most done with it. it is really fun and its the first tactical rpg i have played. my friend told me some one told her it was a good stepping stone like a easyer game to get into that type of games so she got it to at the same time as me. now we are both looking for more games like it and i read about ff tactics war of the lions and that its kind of a updated version of the original for playstation

the reason i made this post is me and my friend are having trouble picking between tactics ogre let us cling together and war of the lions :x

what one do you guys think we should get?

Definitely Tactics: war of the lion!

Overall this one had the better story, better gameplay, better everything.
Now not to say Tactics Ogre wasn't good, cause it was, but War of the Lion just had such amazing characters and story that it can only be beat by very few games (in any RPG genre in my opinion)

While both play kind of the same way, I'm personally biased towards War of the Lions for it's AMAZING story and it's fun job system. However I've been looking at Tactics Ogre and it seems like a really good game as well, with more fun gameplay. I'd try to get both if I could but I'm biased towards War of the Lions so I'd say get that one. :)

we're a final fantasy board

so we're biased

Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles. It can be difficult if you aren't careful though, it's very possible to be stuck on some bosses because they are just so much stronger than you might be. Expect it to be a long and arduous journey until you get Cid :wacky:

i've always wanted to play Tactics Ogre though, just haven't gotten around to it

You could also look into Gungnir, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, or Disgaea: Cursed Memories.

While both are great games in my opinion it seems Tactics Orge is the more difficult of the two right from the get go. It's game mechanics make some things a bit tedious and hard to move through some of the levels. Where in War of the Lions you have not really an easier time but more of a scaled difficulty. Most enemies you run into will be based off of Ramza's levels. Fights can be as easy or hard as you want depending how you use your job classes and special characters as well. And if you want to troll the game wait till chap 4 when you get Cid and he kills just about everything in 1 hit except bosses.

Tactics: war of the lions is cheaper right now at 9 dollars UMD new :eek: so i will most likely be getting that unless i find something else thats cheaper or some how looks more interesting. been looking around a lot and PSP has a lot of rpg games :x

Back