FFX HD Trophies

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
So since FFX and X-2 HD is coming out for the PS3, what do you guys expect there to be, or want there to be for trophy achievements? Do you think getting things like Summons will unlock them? Defeating all the Monster Arena enemies? Blitzball accomplishment trophies?

Those were the main one's I was thinking about. I know that another main factor will be getting one every time you pregress so far through the story as well I bet. Kinda like how newer FF games give you one when you complete a chapter.

I would imagine penance would be a gold, or that's what I would do anyway. Going on other HD releases I have played though, they've only had ten trophies and most were rather simple to achieve. So I'm not expecting anything much challenge wise.

Probably defeated all the Dark aeons in both X and X-2
Getting the good, bad and best ending in X-2
Haven't looked much into last mission, but I'm sure there will be some trophies for that.
Probably some Blitzball trophy, like get 50 match wins or something.
Getting every dressphere probably well get you a trophy would be my guess.
Seeing all the Ject spheres in X maybe?

Ah yeds.
Well it obviously depends on the number of trophies, whether it gets the 20 or so for remakes or the 50ish for new games.
I think they'll do what BustaMo said and have trophies for completing parts of the story, like the chapter trophies in FFXIII. Probably after Boss fights, so you'd get one for being the sin spawn in Kilika and one for beating Yunalesca. Also trophies for optional bosses and maybe one blitzball trophy.
I also think there will be trophies for getting each character's ultimate weapon.

I would imagine penance would be a gold, or that's what I would do anyway. Going on other HD releases I have played though, they've only had ten trophies and most were rather simple to achieve. So I'm not expecting anything much challenge wise.

Which HD releases have you played because all of the ones that I have played have 30+ per game (Ico/SotC, Silent Hill HD, Sly Cooper HD, and plenty of others) I see this game having alot of trophies pertaining to breaking the damage limit, ultimate weapons, sphere grid completion, aeons collected etc. Deff have to play this one since for some reason Platting RPGS is enjoyable for me lol

I just hope it's 5x more extensive than the FF7 Steam/Standalone PC achievements. They were frustratingly minimal. 'Win your first battle' and 'Use Clouds limit break' is hardly an achievement. Come on... Sure, using his final limit break is but not his first one. Winning the league on Blitzball is bound to be one, hopefully so is finding the celestial weapons etc, fighting in the arena and all manner of sidequests and such. Maxing out 1/all characters sphere grids? I'll be pissed if they go for the minimalist patronizing approach.

As long as i dont have to go chocobo racing or butterfly hunting, those were the pits.... Even dodging lightning was better.

I don't think I have the energy to get all those monsters, master that sphere grid, get the Jupiter Sigil, capture those butterlies, dodge the lightning bolts, and mess around with Chocobos again.

Well, maybe I do...

I imagine the game having a trophy for beating every monster on the Arena being as a Gold Trophy.

Or for beating all the super bosses that it makes, like Nemesis for example.

And of course, since this is the INT. Version, let's not forget the Dark Aeons and Penance.

A Silver trophy for beating all Dark Aeons, and a bronze for each one of them. And a Gold Trophy for beating Penance.

The fact that I have already beaten the game and gotten all the Ultimate Weapons and all that jazz makes me annoyed I have to do it again for trophies. lol.

I would think they would have trophies for how long you ride a chocobo, maybe one for acquiring all of the optional Aeons. I think we should get one if you can get Seymour to use his overdrive while you have him in your party that one time.

Ughh, I just took a look at the list and some of the trophies seem pretty annoying to get. Even some of the bronze ones, lol. Definitely would try to get them all done in one playthrough, but it'd take a long time I imagine. >.>; And that's only for FFX.

I know what you mean but at least they aren't handholding ones like the steam achievements for ff8 etc. ooooh win a battle well done. Ooooh you got a GF that's impossible to not get, well done!

There's a lot more trophies than I thought there'd be. I'm pretty pleased with all of them. I'm wondering about the completing sphere grid one though, I hope that means completing any of the sphere sections, not just the one they start out on. Most of them I've done before, and I was kinda hoping there'd be Dark Aeon ones, since I've never defeated the dark aeons, but that's fine anyway :) I can't wait for this game, I've been dying to play it since summer last year.

The sphere grid ones are kind of annoying since you have to completely fill the grid with nodes as well, then activate every single node on the entire grid for all 7 characters. I have the game so I can confirm. =P

As for dark aeon trophies, I think the fact that there's a Penance trophy is enough considering you need to beat all of the dark aeons to unlock him.

Dogtag%20TheMixedHerb.png

I don't think it is filling up the entire sphere grid, I think it's just filling up one character section, like the whole of Lulu's black mage section, or the whole of Aurons section etc. So I don't think it's as challenging as that.

Yeah true about Penance, but still...would have been nice to get a couple of trophies along the way lol

It's nice that they aren't as easy as the steam achievements for 7 or 8 but they are tough. How many people have beaten Pennance? I haven't, although I was much younger when I first played FFX and I didn't have the patience for that crap. I think this could be my first ever platinum as of argue its a challenge but one that's quite realistic. (And the odds of me revisiting uncharted 1 to find the one treasure I'm missing before then is very doubtful indeed)

Back