Multiple Platforms Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain announced as Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I know what you guys are thinking. A 5? Really? Well it is official, Kojima is the greatest master troll in history. Joakim was Kojima all along.

From Fox, two phantoms are born.

MGSV-Announced.jpg

The Phantom Pain, announced at last year’s Video Game Awards as a new game by Moby Dick Studios, put together with the previously announced Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, is in fact Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain by Kojima Productions, studio boss Hideo Kojima revealed at his Game Developers Conference panel today.

Kojima entered the stage as Joakim Mogren, wearing bandages around his head, just as the man in The Phantom Pain trailer.
The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes put together is Metal Gear Solid V,” said Kojima.

Trailer

The trailer itself is all real time. And since today our session is about the FOX Engine, I’d like to show you a little something that’s actually moving,” he added. “The Phantom Pain is an open-world game, but in the beginning, as an introduction and tutorial, it’s more of an on-rails game in order to understand the controls and system overall.

“The tutorial itself is a sequence where Snake wakes up from a coma after nine years and is all of a sudden attacked by an unknown enemy, and has to escape the hospital. So since he’s been in a coma for nine years, Snake has lost many of his movement capabilities. So you start off crawling, standing up to gain composure, and that’s the on-rails game we’re showing today. And everything’s running on PC right now.”

Kojima proceeded to show the gameplay demo, where Snake and the bandaged man named Ishmael attempt to escape the hospital.

From thereon out, Snake will be able to walk free in the open world wherever he wants to,” concluded Kojima.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is a prologue of Metal Gear Solid V,” he said. “Nine years after that event will be The Phantom Pain. Metal Gear Solid V is constructed with a prologue [Ground Zeroes] and the main game The Phantom Pain. The gameplay demo I presented today is the opening of The Phantom Pain, which is a tutorial that starts from crawling.”

To put it clearly: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has a prologue called Ground Zeroes and a main game called The Phantom Pain.

Now... the sad news. We all love Metal Gear right? But would Metal gear really be the same without the voice of Snake?

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/317004226482032641 This apparently confirms Hayter will not be voicing Snake in 5. I am deeply saddened if this is true.

Metal Gear Solid V is planned for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and most likely next gen hopefully.

Screens

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_001.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_002.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_003.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_004.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_006.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_007.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_008.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_009.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_010.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_011.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_012.jpg_600.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_03-27-13_013.jpg_600.jpg

Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/03/metal-gear-solid-v-announced

MGS is one of my all time favourite series. I have played every single game in the main series and by the end of 4 I was blown away with the entire series. Amazing and very emotional series. Now that a 5 is coming I am extremely excited. David Hayter not voicing Snake will be a letdown. David Hayter will always be Snake to me.

Thoughts?

I think this is next generation material as well and will be on PS4 and the next xbox. Not just current gen.

What is your take on an open world MGS? Are you excited?

Not to sound like a troll or anything... Didn't they say IV was going be the last one for Snake?
:trollface: way to go Konami give us this and nothing on Suikoden... I hate you trolls...
Really at this point, I guess it could be good on a new platform (guessing PS4)

Just one thing...does he look younger to anyone else? From IV I mean...

Not to sound like a troll or anything... Didn't they say IV was going be the last one for Snake?
:trollface: way to go Konami give us this and nothing on Suikoden... I hate you trolls...
Really at this point, I guess it could be good on a new platform (guessing PS4)

Just one thing...does he look younger to anyone else? From IV I mean...

What? This game takes place before 4. Ground Zeroes takes place right after Peace Walker and then Phantom Pain takes place 9 years after Ground Zeroes. That is not Solid Snake but Big Boss
his father. Les enfants terribles ring a bell?

It is just like 3 took place before all of the games. They said IV would be the last of Solid Snake yes. However, Kojima is still open to ideas of Big Boss's past and this cannot possibly take place after 4 for obvious reasons. Revengeance takes place after 4.

For me they can keep shoving Metal Gear Solid games out there to me and I will still be over the moon. This itself was fantastic, the game looks brilliant but gives us a load more questions rather than answering and that is classic Kojima. I believe we will have at least one more installment or maybe a spin off or two and then let Revengance run its course (I like that game). Konami spoke out to confirm it is X360 and PS3 and had no words on Next Gen systems.

David Hayter not voicing him might be strange to me but it doesn't faze me, I mean he was meant to be really only Solid Snake and young Big Boss (Yes he voiced Old Snake but that wasn't natural aging it was forced hence the voice wouldn't of changed accordingly so Hayter still done it) But I could see Richard Doyle coming back to voice Big Boss (As he did at the end of MGS4) as he would be in around his 50's now.

Overall I am very excited to see it, as well as I feel like it won't be long till we get a release date...possibly E3 or maybe a release enclosed at Tokyo Game Show saying its out early 2014.

Long live Big Boss......Long live Metal Gear Solid!!...

I am glad to see a new Metal Gear Solid game, especially a big boss one. The series story is already so patchwork and convoluted though so I imagine this is going to be another equally abstruse affair.

Looks awesome thus far. Glad I've got another MGS game to look forward too. Though no Hayter? My heart...is broken.

I'm interested by this. I've always liked the Metal Gear games. Even though they are truly crazy in their plots, they are very exciting also, and there are lots of good ideas in them.

This one looks particularly bizarre though. I'm very interested by it, but at the moment I can't quite figure out if part of this is meant to be a nightmare for Snake, or if it is actually happening as we see it... A flaming whale ghost flying in the air and swallowing a helicopter? A horse rider from hell? I guess that 'Phantom Pain' is apt.

A young Psycho Mantis to appear it, perhaps? It seems like it might be him with as a youth in the trailer.

Also, may Diamond Dogs be another loosely applied David Bowie reference? Such as having Major Tom in MGS3?

Interesting stuff regardless. If I do not ever get the game itself then I will likely watch it on Youtube as I did with MGS4.

What I think the franchise needs more than anything is just a good editor, someone to cut down on all the absolute manure kojima surround his diamonds with. There is a lot of excellent stuff in the games storywise it's just needlessly padded in places to an obscene degree. Fifty minute speeches and all that

I'm interested by this. I've always liked the Metal Gear games. Even though they are truly crazy in their plots, they are very exciting also, and there are lots of good ideas in them.

This one looks particularly bizarre though. I'm very interested by it, but at the moment I can't quite figure out if part of this is meant to be a nightmare for Snake, or if it is actually happening as we see it... A flaming whale ghost flying in the air and swallowing a helicopter? A horse rider from hell? I guess that 'Phantom Pain' is apt.

A young Psycho Mantis to appear it, perhaps? It seems like it might be him with as a youth in the trailer.

Also, may Diamond Dogs be another loosely applied David Bowie reference? Such as having Major Tom in MGS3?

Interesting stuff regardless. If I do not ever get the game itself then I will likely watch it on Youtube as I did with MGS4.

Great to see that you like MGS, Dan! I will try and answer the best I can. Spoilers will follow.

Yeah, that is most definitely Psycho Mantis as a kid. A lot of people are saying Diamond Dogs is a Bowie reference but I think it was something to do with the Militaires Sans Frontières. It could possibly be a part of the MSF or maybe an entirely new organization. Since MSF blows up as you saw in the trailer, it is possible that Big Boss's new base in the game will have something to do with Diamond Dogs. The horse rider is most likely
Revolver Ocelot because he greatly resembles Ocelot. Look at the hair and the trench coat

As for the nightmare it is probably due to Big Boss experiencing hallucinations. It sounds like a possibility but on the other hand it does say after the hospital part is over, Big Boss can move freely from there and is not forced into a linear path. This is the first Open world MGS. He still has the cybernetic arm on that picture of him with the motorcycle. Also he does see a "hallucination" of Colonel Volgin from MGS3 and then it just disappears. There is also a Raikov lookalike, suggesting he might be hallucinating about the past.

You watched all of MGS4 on youtube? Why? It is seriously like one of the best PS3 games ever. I hope you do not do the same with this one.

Also, just a bit of news. Apparently these games are SEPARATE. They will probably not be in the same box.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013/story.html?sid=6406157

It makes sense if you ask me. Ground Zeroes will be a full game leading up to MSF blowing up and then the Phantom Pain is 9 years later.

Some more news

Hideo Kojima teases very heavy gameplay E3 trailer of Metal Gear Solid V. The traditional elements of MGS such as explosions and destruction will not be present in this trailer according to a tweet by Kojima.

Kojima: Trailers these days has lots of explosion, crash, destruction, and fall. I intentionally avoid those elements in my next trailer.

Kojima: Its time consuming since there's lots of game play scenes in the next trailer as it involves too much work besides editing but recording+.

Kojima aims to please the fans and bring a gameplay trailer that should be truly exciting.

If you know your MGS knowledge, you will be more than happy to know that he has hidden a few secret goodies in this trailer. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled when watching it at E3.

A leaked image found by the folks at Neogaf may suggest that Snake's western voice actor will be revealed at e3 as well. So could it be that Kojima was trolling us? Is it truly David Hayter coming back?

gUQ3JW4.png

Source: Vg247 Neogaf

Kojima also teased the trailer with an image.

Metal-Gear-Solid-5-teaser.jpg

vg247

A gameplay trailer? Most excellent. I cannot wait to see what Kojima has for us. Please say you were trolling us by saying David Hayter will not be voicing Snake!

A few updates. One is pretty disappointing.

Metal Gear Solid V may be announced for Xbox One and PS4 at E3 according to Kojima. He says to look forward to E3 as fans will not be disappointed. What else can it possibly indicate?

MGSV_GTTV_Pre-E3.jpg

In other news... David Hayter has been replaced by Mr. Kiefer Sutherland, and David Hayter is not happy about it.

Kief-Sutherlands-Voice-Snake-MGS.jpg

Kojima says he needed somebody who can really pull of an older Snake(late 40's) and that he felt Kiefer had it in the bag.

Metal Gear Solid V will be much more mature and dark. MGS V will go through themes such as race, revenge, and other heavy subjects. This is quite unsurprising, because Kojima did say he wanted to make it very mature. Just how mature will he make it? Find out at E3!

Kojima also says that possibilities open up for storytelling due to its open world nature.

Gematsu

Anybody pissed like me that David Hayter will not be voicing Big Boss/Snake? =[

Hopefully he can have a role as Solid Snake. I will miss Hayter so much. Next gen MGS is going to be amazing!

I agree that it will be great. I always base my choice of console on- I know, somewhat stupid - the hardware in which MGS will run on. Now that it's multi-platform, I won't know what to go with. Probably the PS4.

As for the Kefer/David situation...I firmly believe this is going to become a mainstay in the Gaming community as Graphical power develops. I don't think it will be enough to just be able to voice gaming characters in the future. I believe you will need to have the correct facial features and movements to get work.

This also leads to me slowly becoming weary that gaming might just get too real...

As for the theme...

I firmly stand by my choice of HATE as a theme. It can range between "Race and Revenge" in my opinion. ^.^

Metal Gear Solid V E3 gameplay has been revealed today at Microsoft's press conference. Kojima has not stated that it is an exclusive, so do not get worried just yet.

MGSV-Xbone-Confirmed.jpg

MGS V's debut gameplay at e3 has shown a new way to use stealth, change from day to night in real time, weather in real time, and various vehicles that can get you to places.

Characters shown are as follows: Kazuhira Miller, new characters such as Quiet(Sniper girl), Eli, Skull Face, and Code Talker. Emmerich was also shown during the trailer.

Watch the incredible gameplay trailer below.

I am so excited for MGS V and it looks absolutely amazing. I am sure as hell glad it is not an exclusive to Xbox One. I would be really pissed off if it were. Keifer actually does not bother me much. Hayter will always be better though. I am very interested in these new characters and how they will interact with Snake.

Source: Gematsu

Kiefers voice ( particularly in 24) actually sounds a bit like David Hayter when he plays Snake. Funny that Hideo Kojima would say hes taking the series in a new direction and to reflect that needs a different voice actor. Yet the Japanese voice actor remains the same :wacky: Way to contradict yourself.

Though in fairness they dont really seem to make bad metal gear solid games so im not too bothered. I am kinda disappointed its not David Hayter but at least its someone good taking over. I prefer the Big Boss games and stories to that of Solid Snakes so im looking forward to this game A LOT. Also something to think about if they continue with this prequel storyline snake and big boss will meet eventually. Would be ridiculous to have Hayter voice both. You need to have them different like in mgs4 so you never know he might be back in the future.

Thats really all ive read about the game though. I prefer not to watch trailers and spoil anything. Im interested when the game is out and only then.

Tell Konami How Badly You Want The MGS V Ground Zeroes Collector's Edition

tell-konami-how-badly-you-want-the-mgs-v-ground-zeroes-collectors-edition-ITKCM.jpg

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes is getting a collector's edition. In Japan. Other gamers will have to put up with the digital version. Well, now you can tell Konami how badly you want it via an online petition.Now before you give up and think "this is just a fan's attempt of getting attention" it's not. This petition is being monitored by an official rep from Konami who will personally hand in the signatures to Konami. Of course there is no guarantee that this will be work but it's the best shot we got at the moment. To sign simply visit the petition pagehere and hope Konami takes it seriously.

http://www.at7addak.com/article/tell-konami-how-badly-you-want-the-mgs-v-ground-zeroes-collectors-edition

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes - Exclusive PS4 Content Release Date & Distribution Details.

Metal Gear Solid V is schedule to releases spring 2014 on both the PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is broken into two different parts, a prequel and the full game. Konami has planned a unique release for the game. The publishing plan breaks the game into two peaces, each of which will release at different times. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is the prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and will release first.

TPP_GDC2013-05_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

The plan to distribute the game across to different release is an interesting one. According to Kojima, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is a more restricted experence, with Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain being a larger more open experience. Both games are priced the same, but are scheduled for different release windows. For Playstation fans there's some exclusive content, Konami's way of paying tribute to its Metal Gear Releases across the PlayStation Platform, you can read more about this in the details below.

TPP_GDC2013-01_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 editions of its stunning METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will boast a Sony platform exclusive mission that celebrates the series’ heritage across the PlayStation® range.

Series creator Hideo Kojima has celebrated the heritage of the acclaimed METAL GEAR SOLID franchise across numerous Sony gaming systems, by creating a bespoke mission for the newest addition to the PlayStation® family.

Users will be able to access a unique ‘MGS1 Deja-Vu’ mission that references key events from the original PSOne® classic, METAL GEAR SOLID. The exclusive mission tasks the user with reproducing famous scenes from the original game. As players recreate the iconic moments, a flashback system reproduces the original graphical style of the original PSOne® game - complete with greatly reduced ‘vintage’ polygon count - and introduces familiar enemies and weather conditions for added authenticity.

The mission will be available to both digital and boxed users, and will ultimately let players assume the appearance of the classic ‘Solid Snake’ within the GROUND ZEROES universe once proper conditions are met.

gz_ss_dejavu_001.jpg
gz_ss_dejavu_002.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
is scheduled to be released in Spring 2014, and acts as a prequel to events in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN. The game introduces a new open-world environment to the series, along with time of day, a variety of weather conditions, extensive AI advances, and a gripping new storyline that will both stun and amaze. METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be available in retail stores nationwide on current generation systems for £29.99 or via download for £19.99. Digital versions for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One can be downloaded for £29.99.

http://www.thegameheadz.com/Default.aspx?TabId=332&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes dated, new trailers and Raiden DLC revealed

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has now been dated for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, along with new Raiden-themed DLC and two Xbox One trailers.

The release date was announced along with two trailers and an interview with Hideo Kojima, via Microsoft’s Xbox Wire, which are below. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch March 18, 2014.
Konami’s clips reveal that each mission has two difficulty settings that change up AI and enemy aggressiveness, and that this is applicable to the main mission and a variety of ‘Side Ops’ bonus missions. Here’s the first one:

Next, Xbox-exclusive mission (it’s not confirmed if this is timed or straight-up exclusive yet) ‘Jamais Vu’ sees a Cuban naval base invaded by body-snatchers, with only cyborg-ninja Raiden poised to save the world. Here’s the clip:

What do you think?
Via Gematsu.

New images and release date for the Metal Gear Solid V 'Man on Fire' figure

Play Arts’ figure for the ‘Man on Fire’ has received a release date as well as a batch of new images. The 29 cm (about 11″) tall figure will be released on August 15 of 2015, for a price of 9760 yen (around 72 euro or 80 USD).

MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-1 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-8 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-7 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-6 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-5 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-4 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-3 MGSV-TPP-Man-on-Fire-Play-Arts-2

The Man on Fire can be seen during the hospital sequence which will serve as the intro to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Everything points to the direction of this being (a hallucination / ghost-like appearance) of Volgin, Snake’s enemy from Operation Snake Eater. But to know what role he plays we will have to wait until the game’s release.

www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19521

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain magazine covers revealed (possible spoilers)

In just a few days time, the embargo for the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain previews will end, and we will be getting a lot of new impressions on the highly anticipated title. Both Xbox: The Official Magazine and Official PlayStation Magazine in the UK have featured the game on the cover for their next issue. Xbox: The Official Magazine shows a brand new artwork on the front, but be warned: it provides a clear look at the new Metal Gear, which may be considered a spoiler.

“Was a pleasure to design this cover! If you like this, wait until you see our subscriber cover and 16 page feature in OPM UK.” (Milford Coppock, OPM Managing Art Editor)

Official PlayStation Magazine: In a world first, OPM spends two full days with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for the ultimate hands-on verdict. Our 16-page feature is packed with gameplay impressions, mission revelations and secrets (you’ll never guess what we managed to get up to with that famous cardboard box) – and is essential reading for any MGS and action-adventure fan. No magazine brings you more on Metal Gear than OPM.

On this cover you can also see the ‘Man on Fire’ in a less burned state, once again making it clear that he is Volgin from Metal Gear Solid 3, as he’s wearing the exact same outfit. On the bottom of the image various vehicles can be seen: tanks, jeeps, and the bipedal mech Snake will be able to take with him on his missions.

Source: MGN 1,2

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

Take a look at the stylish new themed PS4, available this September
With the next instalment of the incredible Metal Gear Solid series less than three months away, I’m delighted to announce that a Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PlayStation 4 will be available across Europe, Australia and New Zealand on 1st September.

18637771825_d72d1e060d_z.jpg

This exclusive bundle will include a limited edition 500GB PS4 that comes in a distinctive deep red with gold line detail, inspired by the look of Snake’s Bionic Arm.

A special metallic grey Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller, resembling the handgun held by Snake, is also included and both the PS4 and Dualshock 4 feature the unit emblem of Diamond Dogs, a private military organisation led by Snake. You’ll also receive the Day 1 Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain which comes packed with bonus downloadable content.

18012703103_d3595dd266_b.jpg

In addition to the limited edition bundle, we’ll also have a Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain bundle which includes a PS4 and DS4 in Jet Black and the Day 1 Edition. Both bundles will be available on 1st September – the same day as the standalone game.

18635575761_6f9420ea9e_b.jpg

Check out these brand new screenshots and prepare yourselves for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS4.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...solid-v-the-phantom-pain-ps4-coming-to-europe

Back