XBox Xbox One Reveal

I honestly feel very sorry for you. :( I find it crazy that my 360 has been fine all this time. I mean, it had looked like it had gotten a hell of a lot of use out of it before I even bought it. Funnily enough, though. I did have that game freezing problem a lot to begin with. It happened with Lost Oddesey mostly, but once I finally hooked my Xbox to the internet and downloaded the newest update for the 360 at the time, it just stopped altogether. :hmmm: But still, I do find it wrong that I even had to do that to get a fix.

If the 720 is gonna be an always on console, I can imagine the developers being very lazy with it and wind up with that attitude "Ah, we'll wait til enough people complain about some bug or other and then we'll just release a new patch for it." I mean, the fact that the console will be always online would be a perfect excuse for them to release a really dodgy console, and then just fix things as and when enough people demand it. :hmmm:

Having a console that requires you to always be online sounds like a massive own goal in my opinion. As does the excessive DRM which bars people from playing used games on their console. I think it should all be taken with a grain of salt though. So far there are no official sources on any of this, and even if they were planning something like this, the reaction to rumours should be enough to deter them if they know what is good for them.

More and more rumours came about on always online and DRM nonsense, but I never believed in them, cause SimCity is a clear example of why its a bad idea.

Its this Adam Orth creative director that started this shit to explode. His tweets are so freeking lame its unbelievable someone can say retarded shit like that even if its for jokes lol.

ibwI1puhNCjqAg.gif

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the reveal just so see how it will stack up to the PS4, they will have had time to have a look at the PS4 presentation and make some sort of strategy to outdo them you would have thought. I'm loyal to Playstation though so it would take something incredible for me to switch now I think. I'm still interested to see what they have to offer though.

To be honest, I don't really follow all the build up. I like to wait until things are announced so I get accurate information. I don't see how people have the patience to get all worked up about it all, getting pissed off at people on twitter and smashing xboxes on youtube etc. Who cares? Get a grip. We'll find out all the info soon enough and then you can just go and buy whatever console you like.

Reactions: Rey
I was just reading about that stupid bastard at Microsoft who went on twitter in response to all the people who are againt the whole thing about the new xbox needing a constant internet connection. His response ''deal with it''
Well i could do that or i could just you know....not buy your product. Take my money elsewhere. What a stupid fucking thing to say. He had to set his account to private apparently after he got a big shitstorm of abuse from fans. The constant internet connection is just a completely stupid idea to begin with. I would have intended to buy a ps4 anyway should i pick up a new console but if it was sony saying id need a constant internet connection thatd be a deal breaker for me and i wouldnt buy one.

What? I bought mine second hand and it's been with me just over three years. :wacky:

I am with you on that. Still on my first Xbox since it was released :wacky: Before I got my xbox we only had one so we had to share. Later on, I bought one and I can tell you it has never fucked up even once and the old xbox that my brother owns still works perfectly. I never got a full red ring of death since I had it. I guess some other people just do not take care of them is all. Maybe it is just bad luck right? No need to overreact and say everything else from xbox will be shit :rolleyes:

Just a note though. The "always online rumour" is not 100% confirmed. Microsoft responded on the matter and they are aware of the inappropriate tweets from the guy who was not even a spokesperson. It was his personal opinion. No need to overreact till you witness true 100% confirmation.

My ps3 has never got the YLOD either and I do not have a slim.

Well, the reveal is today, so we will finally see whether this always online rumour is true or not. My best guess would be a "No", but people in the gaming industry do retarded shit all the time, so who knows... :P

Fri, May 24, 2013 | 10:46 BST
[h=1]Xbox One: pre-owned game activation to cost around £35 – report[/h] Xbox One has already caused a deal of confusion surrounding the use of pre-owned games, and on top of having to pay a fee to play used games, it seems that Microsoft and publishers will get a cut of each used sale at retail too.

New-XBOX-ONE-016.jpg

MCV has been told by retail sources that Microsoft has explained the pre-owned issue to stockists, and that while retailers will be free to price used games as they see fit, both Microsoft and the game’s publisher must receive a cut of the sale.
The site then explained a potential scenario, where retailers must have agreed to Microsoft’s terms & conditions to sell pre-owned Xbox One games, and it must also have installed Microsoft’s Azure pre-owned framework into their own system.
Once an Xbox One game is traded in at the store, it is logged with Microsoft, and the person trading in will then see the game wiped from their Xbox Live account.
ConsoleDeals has suggested that retailers may get around 10% from each Xbox One pre-owned sale, which is a huge cut from the current-gen, and that activation of pre-owned Xbox One games on your console may cost around £35.
An official Microsoft statement to MCV on the matter reads, “We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed.
“While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail. Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.
“Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.”

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-pre-owned-game-activation-to-cost-around-35-report/

BAM BAM BAM!

The ConsoleDeals article says that retailers will be forced to sell preowned games with only a 10% discount from the RRP, which is different to saying that retailers can price them how they like and that they'll only get a 10% cut.
Also, if the activation is going to cost £35, unless you're buying an old as fuck game that costs less than a fiver, you might as well buy it new. This all just seems a bit stupid and I can't take it seriously.

Microsoft have created a lot of confusion so just need to wait until things get clarified down the line. But gaming journalists aren't doing anything to help clear it up.

I've edited the title of this thread to update it according to the recently revealed name of the console (however odd the name seems!) :argor:

Back