Tactics The Catastrophe

Blackmore

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I was wondering, anyone knows the veracity of wiki's I see on the net -explaining Ivalice's history- setting the Catastrophe that preceded Tactics for a long time like just after the events of FFXII? I quote:

The Age Of Technology

Circa Old Valendian 706
Centuries pass, and the Empires of Rozarria and Archadia are at war. Eventually, a truce is signed. The son of Emperor Gramis Solidor, Vayne Solidor, kills his father and takes over the Archadian Empire. He hopes to start a war with Rozarria and Archadia, and become Ivalice's new Dynast King. It is revealed he is being led by the rogue Occuria, Venat, who succeeded in shattering the control its kind had over Ivalice.
Vayne is eventually stopped, and killed, by Princess Ashe, along with the Sky Pirates Balthier and Fran, street urchin Vaan and his friend Penelo, and Dalmascan Knight-Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg.

A year later, the Purvama of Lemurés is revealed to Ivalice, along with the mysterious aegyl race. This sparks a great treasure hunting spree among Sky Pirates that a maddened Feolthanos attempted to take advantage of. The party that stopped Vayne Solidor, along with some new friends, manage to defeat Feolthanos and restore peace to Ivalice.

The Cataclysm and the Age of Ajora

Circa Old Valendian 800
At some point, a great catastrophe hits Ivalice, wiping out many landmarks and even taking out the race of the Moogles. The other races disappear in this time. Man starts referring to the previous era as the Golden Era. He starts building again from the ground up...

Anything I've missed in the lore of ivalice stating this fact?

Does that mean Vaan's children are killed? (yay!) along with everyone else's?

I don't think you've missed anything. It looks like only humans and wild beasts survived the disaster. We cant garuntee that all of the humans before the disaster(even Vaan's potential children) were wiped out since they obviously are the only race still existing in Tactics.

I'd like to see a game based on the event of the disaster though. The time of St. Ajora would have made for an interesting story and the disaster that takes place isn't really that detailed. :hmmm:

Back