No decent 3DS FF's released yet

SirCactus

Gil
How many of you would like to see a decent FF game released on the 3DS? I know Bravely Default came out in Japan, but there's no set date for release in the US yet. (At least I don't think there is)

Here are my thoughts.
FF6 Remake (I'd be happy if they even put the original on the e-shop)
This has to be my favourite FF game, a remake w/ new areas would be awesome. They could also create dlc for it and make the coliseum online which would be freaking sweet.
New FFCC
The first FFCC on the GC still has to be favourite out of the three that were developed, but the online on EoT logged me 200+ hours. If one were to be developed on the 3DS with dlc, new weapons/armour, better online connectivity and story, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. A better soundtrack would also be great, the ds titles had a terrible soundtrack, the original game had the best one.

What do you guys think?

-Cact

Tbh theres barely any great games on the 3ds as it stands at the moment. I mean compared to the previous original nintendo DS its library is really poor. I want the new fire emblem but its not out til April here which sucks. Cuz you Americans got it so easy.

If i wanted to play FF games handheld id get the new HD releases of the older games like 1-5 on the iphone. Not only are they better priced than what games for consoles are but i have my iphone everywhere but i use my DS in the house only tbh. Your right though theres no decent ff games on on the 3DS yet...theres no decent FF games on ps3 either :wacky:

I'd be happy with a remake of FF5 right now, in the same way that FF3 and 4 were remade. 6 would be amazing too, but...who knows what'll happen. I honestly can't predict what Square will do next :hmmm: . They must surely be done with all those downloadable phone games, now that they've listened to their fan base and heard that we don't want them?

Right? :/

I don't enjoy handheld RPGs. So I don't really care that there aren't any good FF games out on the 3DS, imo I think they should stick to proper consoles and make other kinds of games for the handhelds.

surely if they llistened to the fans more there wouldnt be another FF13 game :lew: And instead there would be an ff7 remake

FE awakening is the best one yet. Get it right when it comes out, I got it last week and already logged 38 hours into it despite having finals yesterday. ahaha It is the best one by far. Make sure you play with perma-death on though, otherwise you are a disgrace to the franchise. XD The English voice overs are also pretty bad so I switched mine to Japanese.
MH3U (Monster hunter 3 ultimate) Also came out today, and it's really good. This will keep me going all the way till MH4 comes out, which should be even better. I actually bought my 3DS just because I knew MH3U and FE Awakening would be released. Other than that though the 3DS library is really suffering. I think the Ocarina of Time remake might be worth getting, but I honestly think that game is meant to be played on a bigger screen. Aside from that, I hear a Super Smash Bros game will be released and I hear rumors of a Mario Sunshine remake being released in the next year or so. So yes, the 3DS doesn't have a lot to offer right now, but the future looks good for it.

I cannot stand the FF games on the app store, the touch screen kind of ruins it for me. That's only me though.

Square is so unpredictable right now. They go through that weird FF13 phase and then they name their newest game "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy" (wtf).

I cannot stand the FF games on the app store, the touch screen kind of ruins it for me. That's only me though.

Agree 100% the controls were not made for a touch screen, you can't feel the direction buttons on a touch screen and it gets frustrating.

In all honesty I stopped playing FF games on a console after XII on Ps2. An FF7 remake would be great though. You'd think after over 10 years they would have done that, right?

Final Fantasy on 3DS
Rumor was that IV-VI were going be 3DS but again rumor...
My guess is if they do anything it well be some weird spin off to Crystal Chronicles series.

Back