[16/03] [RUMOR] Final Fantasy XIII Versus outfit designer lists game as Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Can you spot something out of the ordinary among all these weird, foreign Japanese symbols and random English words?

FF-Versus-XIII-FF15-ROEN.jpg

Found it now? Good.

Name change of Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV imminent?

Japanese fashion brand Roen, which provided costume design work on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, is listing the upcoming Square Enix RPG as “Final Fantasy 15” on its official website’s biography page.

How do we know it’s Final Fantasy Versus XIII and not a different game called Final Fantasy XV? The work was done in 2008, when publisher Square Enix announced its partnership with Roen. And Versus XIII is nowhere to be found in the company’s history.

According to the Wayback Machine, the page has listed Final Fantasy XV since July last year, at least. It’s interesting that it hasn’t been picked it up until now.

Cheers, and sorry for stealing your bandwidth, Gematsu!

Unfortunate spilling of the beans? Error? Trolling from Roen and SE? You decide!

At this point, I'm pretty much expecting them to call Versus FFXV and treat it as the new game for E3 they promised. I don't believe that they are in any position at the moment, when Lightning Returns and ARR: FFXIV will still be unreleased in May/June, to show a wholly new Final Fantasy game for next-gen consoles.

This has been my prediction from pretty much a year ago. When they announced a "new game" at the PlayStation 4 event I was starting to think I was obviously right. This sure gives a little more evidence and it is funny because you know I am on that boat also. The new game revealed at E3 will be Versus XIII renamed to Final Fantasy XV. That is also a really good point given the development of all three games.

I will not be surprised if some of the script even changed because apparently the Versus script was done long ago. Maybe some of it will reflect Agni? Who knows. There has to be a meaning they showed Agni over at the PlayStation 4 event. :hmmm:

Agni was nothing but a tech demo. What makes this difficult is that versus XIII trademark was reenewed so this looks odd to me.

What a retards. Im upset with this BS..to think I bought my fucking ps3 initially for Versus. :ffs:
Nice trolling.me SE.

Really like Razberry Knight said, they just renewed the versus trademark like..... 4 months ago maybe if not sooner... so unless they actually say it, or till they finally release versus we all know these rumors are just going fly on the internet, and I wont buy into it until it comes from Square themselves.

Yeah I don't really believe it. Not saying it is impossible though. Thing is, Versus is a typical spin off game. It has a smaller party and different combat mechanics. Final Fantasy mainseries has almost always had a big ensamble cast aswell as turn based combat. Versus is more action based and I think you have like three confirmed party members. Of course this doesn't mean it can't be Final Fantasy XV, but I think they would have to change many things if they want this to be a successful flagship title, and to look impressive on the PS4. They would be alot better of just starting from scratch.

For once though I see a glimmer of hope at hearing something from this game at E3. The twilight of the Playstation 3 era is soon beginning..

UPDATE: Roen has issued a statement claiming the text on their website was posted in error. Since then, they’ve corrected the biography listing under 2008 for Square Enix – it now reads “Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Tentative)” Clothing Design.

Source: Nova Crystallis

:rofl:

Thank you Cid...

So much for these rumors... then we should just close this... wait.. CLOTHING LINE??? FIRST FRICKING SOME PERFUME AND NOW A CLOTHING LINE?? ARE WE EVER GOING GET A FRICKEN GAME????

:rofl:

Thank you Cid...

So much for these rumors... then we should just close this... wait.. CLOTHING LINE??? FIRST FRICKING SOME PERFUME AND NOW A CLOTHING LINE?? ARE WE EVER GOING GET A FRICKEN GAME????

Nope we will never get a game. We will just keep getting misinformation and more products like clothing and perfume that we do not want.

Roen created those cloths for Versus pretty much from day one not the other way around. Thats why I liked Versus so much. Finally some more realistic cloths. The suits at least :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back