Squall leonhart

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Now I know I have to finish Cloud's FFVII Story and I well...at some point... but I took a long break from that, and somehow came across FFVIII again thanks to Toon Link and others talking about it.

Secondly I do hope to make a video on this only if I can find a program that can get good Music to play and maybe gameplay cause I am not going show my face or one image over and over again while in the video.

And last... this well have SPOILERS... so if you don't want the game spoiled or anything like that DO NOT READ AHEAD!!!

Now that is out of the way I am going say a few things about the game

For anyone that has or hasn't played the game.... I want to say one thing, the beginning will be the most confusing, since there are contradictions on Older Squall meeting younger Squall, which makes it confusing on what happened first, so I will probably repeat this for the beginning and the end, since it really is one of those paradox's on what came first the chicken or the egg thing. it is basically a paradox effect... annoying but it is there...accept it...

Also there are theories out there that "Squall died after the first disk" key word here... THEORY!!! I am not going to accept this cause it is a THEORY! now if you believe the theory go ahead and believe it, but Square has never said that Squall died at the end of the first disk, and really I am going say he stayed alive cause... this is a video game, and not some real life event... so any Theory you have on FFVIII (unless you can back it up by in game dialog, book about FFVIII, or from someone who worked on FFVIII form Square Enix (Square Soft at the time)) leave it alone and dont comment on your theories

Other than that, enjoy reading, I am going to finish this, and comment on if I can improve on it at all, need to clear some things up, or you have an idea on how I can turn this into a good Youtube video!

BEFORE THE GAME!

Squall was born to Raine and Laguna Loire 17 years before the first game. His father Laguna left before he was born, and Raine died shortly after his birth, so him and his “sister” (who was basically adopted by Raine and Laguna)Ellone were sent to Edea's Orphanage.

Here is where he would first meet Zell Dincht, Quistis Trepe, Irvine Kineas, Selphie Tilmitt, and Seifer Almazy. During this time at the Orphanage his sister Ellone was sent away due to her unique powers. Squall, who felt closes to Ellone, started to become detached from his emotions, and isolated himself from the rest of the group.

While at the orphanage, Squall would search for Ellone. On one of these searches, he saw a dying sorceress, (who is Ultimecia), and his teenage self from the future. Edea in order to protect the kids took the power of the sorceress, and the teenage Squall would tell Edea of SeeD and Garden, and the idea that these things will stop some evil sorceress from the future, and that it was all her idea. The teenage Squall then vanishes back to his own time.

This leads Edea and her husband, Cid Kramer to start the organization that would be SeeD and build the Gardens. This also made Cid send Edea and most of the other kids from the orphanage into hiding.

Squall never got adopted, due to his ongoing difficult personality, so he ended up in the new Balamb Garden and trained as a SeeD member. He chose to use a gunblade, which was a very difficult weapon to master, taking many years of training. In SeeD he would begin using Guardian Forces which made people stronger with the price of losing there memories.

At SeeD he would reunite with Seifer and become his “rival” who also was also training with the gunblade. This rivalry would become known throughout the Balamb Garden. He would also reunite with Quitis and Zell inside Balmba before the event's of Final Fantasy VIII, Quitis would end up being his instructor, and Zell would become another person trying to become a SeeD member and since all these people are using Guardien Forces, there memories are being erased slowly and don't seem to remember who any one of them are.
The only thing Squall seems to remember by the time the game starts is that Ellone left him alone at the orphanage (Although he doesn't remember who Ellone is or what the orphanage was)

Start of the game, Trying to become a SeeD

11 years later, Squall and Seifer are in a practice duel, and both end up cutting each others face, leaving a permanent scar. This makes it so that Squall has to spend a little bit of time in the Garden Hospital room, until he is cleared and is able to return to class. During class Quistis announces that the Field Exam is happening on that day, which is an event that determines who will become SeeD members.

Before all this though Squall has to go do the “preSeeD” test before actually taking the Field Exam. This test takes place in Fire Caverns and it is where Squall will obtain another GF, Ifrit

(to be continued)

Back