What was your first RP?

Exoskeleton

Pale Flesh
Veteran
Gil
I know there are tons of RPers on this site, some who still RP and some who have retired. My first RP was on this site and it was called Chrono Trigger: A Past to Remember. It was based on the game Chrono Trigger and from what I remember it was loads of fun. :P Unfortunately it didn't finish but it was a really good recreation of the Chrono Trigger universe. I learned most of the basics of RPing by just participating and observing how other's posted. So what I'm curious to know is:

What was your first RP? What was it like? Was it on this site? Did it ever reach the end?

While I am not an avid RPer, I did try a few times here. The very first one was Battle Royale that Contra Fates had put together. It was really unique - structure and everything. Based on the Japanese movie, Battle Royale, she took the idea and fleshed it out into a Roleplay here, adding her own ideas as well. I remember Addle and Hal even joined. I don't remember how I got into it...I think she asked me to join.

But I was bummed out that we didn't get to finish the RP. It was really awesome too. A lot of suspense and survival into play, as well as receiving our own 'survival kit' via PM. It had to be a secret so that other members didn't know what weapons we would be using if and when we confront each other via a coordinated map of the island we were stranded in. I probably shouldn't discuss details of the RP and organization since she deleted the information, so I will respect that. I managed three or four posts before the RP ended abruptly.

And then there was that competition that Jesse held...twice. The Blind Box Competition. 160 years after the events of FFIX.

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/34664-The-Blind-Box-Guidelines
http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/40531-The-Blind-Box-Competition

Enjoyed that one too, though I really had no idea what I was getting into. =P

Other than that... I did mention a 'leisure' RP based on Sims or something. Haha. I can't find the post. I don't think I'd want to read back anyway, I'm sure it didn't even make any sense. (I don't really even know how to RP).

While I am not an avid RPer, I did try a few times here. The very first one was Battle Royale that Contra Fates had put together. It was really unique - structure and everything. Based on the Japanese movie, Battle Royale, she took the idea and fleshed it out into a Roleplay here, adding her own ideas as well. I remember Addle and Hal even joined. I don't remember how I got into it...I think she asked me to join.

Omg, after all the shit that little shit gave me for being an 'Are Peeer' :hmph:
My first RP was on Deviant art and it was a 1 on 1. I was about 14 or something hahaha and it was a pretty lame and shite RP.
I can't remember the first one I joined on this site...I have a feeling it may have been Martel's pokemon RP though which I had a lot of fun with and was sad that it suddenly stopped :(
Even though I don't RP anymore because I find I don't have the time or motivation, I do hope that you manage to revive this section :D

My first real RP was back on a Kingdom Hearts forum... I don't remember much about the rp or the name of the forum, but what I do remember was that it was mainly an RP forum, but was more set up like this, where there was an rp section then areas where you can talk about whatever.

Today forums try to separate areas too much it seems like., should go back to setting up an rp then going with that, I rather not be doing an rp and the Rp bounces from place to place, then again I don't rp anymore so to each their own I guess.

I remember that. I only remember making a couple of posts, though. :wacky:

The first RP I was in was on this site back in 2007, I think. It was a Final Fantasy X RP where we played as a summoner's guardians. I remember making several posts in this one, but we didn't get past the first day in the story timeline before people stopped posting. :p

I've been in a few other ones, but I never end up participating for very long. I guess me and RPs were never meant to be.

This topic breaks my heart, given how virtually all of the RPs that have ever happened on this site died unceremoniously for whatever reason. :jtc:

I was pretty much an RP virgin until Diar and Martel persuaded me to partake in the umm...Final Fantasy XIII (yes, you read that right) RP. I vaguely remember having a female Brigadier General who did some vaguely established things in the Hanging Edge with this very tense and tenuous alliance with some evil magical girl Primarch (a character of Martel's, surprise, surprise!) for some reason. There was some minimal planning between Martel and I of what to do next, but other than that, I mostly wrote filler posts with General Wisel going through a series of flashbacks.

The RP predictably died. I don't remember when and at which point.

I was most fond of Witches of Aether. Martel and I had this whole programme of where to go next, even (overly) ambitiously planning two sequels. By that point, I was somewhat frustrated with the direction of Freya and how to exactly write her, and it was writing the psychopathic Eva - Witches had a lot of psychopaths for some reason! - with plans in mind of what she would accomplish next (as a main villain in the first sequel after supplanting the first main villain, Poppy, and taking seven elements at once) that had me wishing the RP would finally get somewhere satisfactorily.

It also died.

So forgive me if I say this, following the death of the Digimon one after a few posts: I don't want to RP again. Don't try and talk me into it either.

i blame inactivity and RL.

It is sad actually.... to my mind, i dont think ive ever completed an RP, given how long ive done this for.

MY first RP was an ORP on a different forum that is now dead. From memory, it was about futuristic soldiers. Was fun and would have probably finished if the site didnt get corrupted.

It's usually inactivity and RL. And the older one is, the worse the latter gets.

For those who remembered, my first RP was Shadow Card's (Now Silver Shadow's) Kingdom Hearts RP on this very site. While the storyline was built around a post KH2 scenario (the RP predated both 358/2 Days and BBS amongst others) I think it was pretty solid considering how much of a KH Fan I was then. (Though not so much now..., only liking it enough to be dedicated wholeheartedly to my current RP.)

Wow... First RP I ever took part in was one of my own, which was called Legend of The Dark Angel. This was on a forum called FFExtreme. The RP survived the forum being hacked, due to a member called drachnon continuing it where it was left off, but it died very shortly after that. :monster:

I've been in a total of two RPs that actually finished. I forgot what the first one was called, but my character was a shape shifter called Mhor Rhiogain. And the other was a re-telling of Resident Evil, in which we played a bunch of survivors who had to find a cure to the T-Virus and escape Raccoon City. The Raccoon City RP was one I started myself, so I was very pleased that it came to a truly awesome and explosive ending. :D

First RP, I remember it well. It was "Burning Fists of Love and Fury" On a wonderful HUGE Final Fantasy Message board TFF. Oh yea.

The RP had myself and Two other's pretty much ORPing it up. I have to say it got really in Depth and lasted for about a year before just going dead. I think we Beat a Dead horse with that one So to speak.

My first rp was not a normal rp we have up here. It was on another final fantasy forums that got destroyed by a angry moderator. There were only five of us that rped on the forum.

the one I took part in was called The Lounge. It was a simple one where our characters just interacted with each other until someone was inspire into a rp battle or short story line. I used my Christian Dirk character who I actually have bio for on this site. He often ended up as the antagonist for another Preston's character who was a half demon seeking redemption.

i sorta wish I knew where the other from that forum went

My first role-play took place on the Advent Children Forums. I was browsing around the role-playing section as well as the clubs that were surprisingly active. I was fascinated by how so many people can weave together such interesting stories from the point of view of their own characters. One of the clubs caught my eye: The Dragon's Lair.

When I opened it up and began reading through, it turned out to be a tale of dragon riders who gave their all to defend dragons from the evils of mankind. Stover - the leader of the club - and his dragon were under attack by a group of bandits that made profit by stealing eggs and selling them.

It was then that Shenorai Eterna was born.

She rode in on her steed and charged right towards the fray. I was unsure of my first post, but seeing Stover's reply was what locked me into role-playing as I knew it.

"I like your style!"

It was on that day that I became a role-player. I regret nothing.

Can't remember my first ever rp specifically, although I vaguely remember it involved a dragon...? But I do remember one of my earliest RPs included dear old Clever Cookies and involved the now defunct-as-I-knew-it Bebo. Those were the days eh, Shellshocky? One-liner heaven. :P

Mine was in the enhasa website that is gone now. I was a ninja werewolf. Ah. Good times.

Mine took place at another forum I could care less about, back in 2003. I can't remember the exact plot of the story, but my character was disastrously made. Didn't role play on a forum before that.

Last edited:
My first role-play was about a year back. Played a little, had a little fun, then got it ruined by a terrible player who made it horrible for everyone. I recall the role-play was a slice of life sort of role-play, and that player randomly decided to burst in and bring in the supernatural without at least getting our consent. Stopped until a couple of months back when I took to role-playing on another site. Wanted a less active, but still active forum, and that led me here eventually.

Apparently in the few years I've been here I managed to miss this thread? Ah well.

My first RP was somewhere around 2000 when I first discovered the wonder of broadband technology! I started on MSN Chat so very active RP community back in those days, was alot to take in at some points, I had my own room for a while !All Hallows Wood. A Forest hidden in the void between worlds, there were on average a dozen of us at any given time. However some idiot was out to spoil us and I soon had to move to a bigger setting, I ran House Hel'ena for a year or so between the two characters involved married and Elcarus Mansion was born.

The chat based RP's could get incredibly chaotic and led to many late nights and frustration as the RP world bled into the real world, some arguments with people genuinely stung at times, when MSN closed down in 2003 a lot move to OAServ which uses the same protocols, but I never made the transition, I was working heavily at the time and so transferred to chat board based RP with some of the original Elcarus Mansion players. I used IRC for a little while in 2006, and Skype RP's as well but it never quite felt right.

I've pretty much always been an Elcarus in some form or fashion from the stand up straight and stern Haunted Elcarus to the slightly unstable murderous intent of a man Hades Elcarus. They all have stories and all were used, it got confusing at times, especially when they were all married :/

Ah those were the days, the family was fun, the world was huge and ever expanding. Back in 2005 after I split with my former girlfriend and grew up a little I was forced to move away RP, I closed down the Elcarus World with a massive war with dragons, it the world hurt but not finished. However I got a yin to return and so recently for the last couple of years with my writing partner we've had Elcarus Mansion running, rewriting a lot of the history that didn't make sense and expanding the world some more.

Back