Master Cat

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Chanteru Chandora
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Square Enix revealed details about Kingdom Hearts X[chi], a PC browser game set in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Players will adventure through Disney worlds and fight Heartless using cards. While Kingdom Hearts X[chi] is a card battling game it appears the battle system is different from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

khchi1.jpg
khchi2.jpg

Cards shown in these screenshots:
Auron – Slash
Wakka – Blizzard
Yuffie – Thunder

Wakka – Thrust
Yuffie – Thunder
Squall – Slash

Just like the Kingdom Hearts mobile game, Kingdom Hearts X[chi] lets players create a custom character by choosing a hair style, gender, and various accessories. The game will have Disney and Square Enix costume items. The gameplay has simple point and click controls. You can move around by using the mouse on fields that have treasure and different gimmicks. If you run into an enemy a card battle begins. The main enemy in the game are "Lux" and you can use battle cards to fight them. Kingdom Hearts X[chi] also has raid bosses that appear several times a day. Players will need to cooperate to defeat these powerful enemies. If you’re not used to building a collectable card game battle deck you can use the recommended feature and have the game make a deck for you. Cards can be synthesized and you can also power up your character’s keyblade.

Kingdom Hearts X[chi] will be a free to play game with extra items available to purchase. Square Enix is looking for closed beta testers and you can apply here if you have a Yahoo! Japan id. Closed beta testers will get five Ethers, five potions, 10,000 munny, and 2,000 card draw points.

Source: Siliconera

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I'm curious to know what you all think. I believe this is the first official Kingdom Hearts PC game, but correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm not so sure how promising this is. It's nice that it's free to play, but it sort of reminds me of a more interactive version of FF: Airborne Brigade (which I'm playing now, and it isn't too bad, but it's a cell phone game without much depth). It also reminds me of the fact that this is merely stalling a real Kingdom Hearts game release. But I guess we'll have to wait for Versus XIII/XV before we get a KHIII. *cough*

Totally fucking awesome! I see teh FF characters on cards! They are slowly making their way back into the KH series! Ahh... That makes me happy. Anyway, the game itself from the pics looks like it'll be a good time killer I guess. I don't think it'll have a story or anything like that. It looks like fun though. I'd play it.

Im disapointed. The game looks fun though. But doesnt look like it will be goingg anywhere. The style of the characters looks a little cheap. Card games get a little tiring. Assuming they X is pronounced they same way in BBS it will be pronounced Kingdom Hearts Key instead of Kingdom Hearts Kai.The characters also look vastly different from the cards so it wont feel as engaging.

This may be just me but I think this looks terrible, I understand its a browser based game but ive seen better games in a browser. Maybe its just my outlook but they need to keep KH games on consoles :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back