Help [FFX] Sin Overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarisScherwiz

~Ninja!~Mime? o-o
Gil
I beat him the first time we clashed heads but much to my luck the game froze afterward. But as of late he keeps giga-ing my party (also my aeons) to death. Should I depend on megaflare? It looks like all it did was make his gauge fill up. Any help is appreciated ^^

(Is expecting to be yelled at)

Last edited:
You should get Anima if you're having trouble tackling Sin. If you're playing the North American release, you shouldn't have to worry about being jumped by Dark Aeons if you need to return to the temples to get the treasures. Anima's "Oblivion" Overdrive should take care of Sin. Especially if you Grand Summon Anima with a full Overdrive bar and use two in a row.

If you managed to beat Sin before, this should make it incredibly easier to get repeat results. Let's hope your game doesn't glitch out every time.

EDIT: Alternatively, if you want to absolutely trash this guy in like two turns, you could have Rikku mix an Underdog's Secret and Lv. 4 Key Sphere and get the Trio of 9999 limit break. Assuming you had Wakka in your party to recieve the Trio, you could then use Attack Reels to deal 119,988/140,00 damage. Any three attacks you could throw his way (even a 'fire' spell) would do 9,999 each and ruin him.

You should get Anima if you're having trouble tackling Sin. If you're playing the North American release, you shouldn't have to worry about being jumped by Dark Aeons if you need to return to the temples to get the treasures. Anima's "Oblivion" Overdrive should take care of Sin. Especially if you Grand Summon Anima with a full Overdrive bar and use two in a row.

If you managed to beat Sin before, this should make it incredibly easier to get repeat results. Let's hope your game doesn't glitch out every time.

EDIT: Alternatively, if you want to absolutely trash this guy in like two turns, you could have Rikku mix an Underdog's Secret and Lv. 4 Key Sphere and get the Trio of 9999 limit break. Assuming you had Wakka in your party to recieve the Trio, you could then use Attack Reels to deal 119,988/140,00 damage. Any three attacks you could throw his way (even a 'fire' spell) would do 9,999 each and ruin him.

I actually have a question on that part, doesn't have to really deal with battling Sin, just in general. Assuming that Lulu was one of the ones getting the effect, if she were to use her Overdrive Fury, would each of those attacks wield 9,999 as well? Does that also apply to Tidus's overdrives? I've never tried it, so that's why I was asking.

As towards the original issue, I
really suggest that you go and train in the Omega Ruins and even try and get the party's Celestial Weapons. This will really help out, I assure you. I posted up on one thread, I'll put a spoiler tag here for it. It's basically just sidequests to do before facing Sin, but some of it will really help in regards to your endeavor of defeating Sin. ~

There's actually a lot that you can do before fighting Sin. I'll give you a bit of a detailed go through for things you can do.

First off, which is kind of a given, is to get all of the hidden aeons. I know you've already said Yojimbo, which you need to try and get enough gil once you can. Since you said you have the airship, and if you think you can survive, head over to the Omega Ruins (I'd suggest that you stay near the save sphere and save often if you're at a low level though). Fight enemies here called Mimics. If you don't remember what those are, it's the monsters that come about whenever you try and steal from a chest with Zaurus (the lizard looking fiend), and whenever there's "Nothing to steal", Mimics will show up in the chests place. Whenever this tedious fiend is defeated it drops a good bit, 50k at that, from each victory. Now, if you have Rikku's Godhand or another weapon that's been customized with Gillionaire, this doubles that amount and you can easily have the gil you need to get Yojimbo, and then some. Which, I believe if you double his offering price, he gives you a little sweet reward in combination with his services, though I warn you. When you get the airship, which I'm thinking that you have the new HD Remaster, Dark Aeons are a factor of worry at this point, that is if you've already gone to Bevelle to speak to Mika. When you return to get Yojimbo, once you try and go through the caves to exit, a summoner will greet you near that save sphere, and summon the Dark Yojimbo. BUT, don't fret, just get on the teleporter right there and go to the cave entrance and you'll be just fine.

As for the other aeons, you have Anima and of course the lovely Magus Sisters. As far as getting Anima, you've had to have gotten all the chests via the destruction spheres within the Cloistetr of Trials, this includes Zanarkand. You have to return to Zanarkand and complete the remaining puzzles there to get the chest, since last time you had to immediately face the boss here since once you completed the puzzles, the entire grid shut down before you could get the destruction sphere and whatnot. So, complete the remaining puzzles here and get the chest (which you'll see a glyph form once you've opened the chest, that clarifies that you've gotten the chest needed). Now you can return to the Baaj Temple, which is the place that Tidus appeared in at the beginning of the game and first met Rikku. You get to give a little payback to the large fiend that almost swallowed Tidus here, and go into the temple. Now, a little tip though while you're here (After you've beaten Geosgaeno), look around for another chest beneath the water here (the screen should kind of alter here so you can see the chest), to receive Lulu's Celestial weapon, the Onion Knight. Now, if you haven't gotten the Celestial Mirror, then that will have to be done at a later point. Go into the temple and approach the statues here to activate the spheres in front of them, which all correspond to the specific temples and their chests. If there's one you missed, you'll need to return to the temples in order to get them.

Alright, moving on to the Magus Sisters. At this point, you need to head over to the Remiem Temple. If you don't know how to get here, you need to speak to the chocobo trainer in the Calm Lands. First off, you need to train your own chocobo by completing her courses. Once their complete, you'll be able to have your own chocobo to ride (that is if you haven't already done this prior). Now go to the beginning of the Calm Lands at the exit you came into from Macalania and go off to the right side. There's a small yellow chocobo feather just before the edge. Press ' X ' to get the chocobo to jump down to the side. Enter that passage there to get to Remiem Temple. Inside, of course, is the fallen summoner Belgemine. You need to defeat all of her aeons, including the ones you've already faced again. Once you've defeated Bahamut, she gives you the Flower Scepter. In order to get another needed item, you need to have gotten Yojimbo and Anima and defeat them with her before you send her! Just a warning on that. Defeat all of the Aeons and you'll come to a cut scene, revealing that she is an unsent. Auron steps up and tells Yuna to send her. You'll get an option box here, and once you do, you'll automatically get the Flower Scepter. In order to get the second piece, if you haven't already, you need to start the Monster Arena sidequest. You need to capture one of every fiend from Mt. Gagazet, and the monster trainer will give you the Blossom Crown. Return to the Remiem Temple and use those two items to disable the barriers to enter the Chamber of the Fayth and receive the Magus Sisters.

Alright, now for another sidequest, is to get all of the Celestial weapons and their corresponding Sigil and Crest. But in order to start this, you need to get the Cloudy Mirror, if you haven't already done so. To do this, you need to go to the Remiem Temple and speak to the chocobo standing outside to the left. This will initiate the chocobo race. Go to the other side, and speak with the chocobo here, to give you an option to race or not. To simply get the mirror, just make it down to the center of the course before the other one to win it. Now, if you want some other sweet prizes, you can do the race over again a few more times. This part may seem impossible, but trust me, it is. It's just v e r ydifficult to do.

Around the course, are scattered treasure chests. When you open them, you don't get anything until you reach the bottom, but careful, if you don't beat the chocobo or hit any of the poles that are scattered about, you won't get anything but a measly Potion! Here are the number of chests and their corresponding prizes.

1 Treasure Chest: Elixir
2 Treasure Chests: Mega Elixir
3 Treasure Chests: Wings to Discovery x30
4 Treasure Chests: Pendulum x30
5 Treasure Chests: Three Stars x60

As stated, do NOT touch any of the poles. No matter how many chests you've gotten, if you touch a pole, you get nothing but a lousy Potion. Also, even if you get all five chests and you don't reach the end of the course before the other chocobo, you get nothing! These prizes are a one-time only deal, so once you get them, you won't get the prize again. Also, I'd recommend you start out doing one race, get one chest, finish the race. Then do the race again, get two chests and finish, and so on so forth. This makes things easier, so you know what prizes you've already gotten and the chests, so you know what one to aim for next.

Here is a map that will help assist you with this race:
http://i.imgur.com/QpVsGlN.png
The red line is of course the best route to take, and the dashes, is when the chocobo jumps after opening a chest. The letters of course represent the chests about the course. If you're only getting one or two of the chests, just go to A and B or wherever else to get them, and just go straight down the course as you need to so you can finish. The red line is the best course recommended if you're aiming for a l l five of the chests, so keep that in mind.

Alright, so now that you have the cloudy mirror, you need to charge it to get the Celesital Mirror. Go to Macalania along the rainbow path (the one that looks like shining crystals), and go to the split. Go up to power source, and present the cloudy mirror. Tada, Celesital Mirror. Now you can get all the weapons. Now, I'll go into a pretty detailed set up for what you need to know, so you can get each weapon and their sigil and crest.

Tidus - Sun
Weapon: Caladbolg. To get this, you need to race the chocobo trainer and just beat her. You don't need a best time, just reach the finish line before she does. Quit the options, and you'll go back to where you were standing. There should be a guy that's standing near you and the trainer. When you speak to him, he says something in awe that you were able to win against her. Either run or ride a chocobo to the far left side of the Calm Lands, you'll see a small dip towards the north to walk down at the side of the gorge. There'll be a glyph that's embed into the rock face. Just touch it and use the Celestial Mirror to get the weapon.
Crest: There should be a chest lying around after going down one of the staircases (it should appear after you go down and re-emerge) after defeating Yunalesca.
Sigil: In order to get this, you need to defeat the chocobo trainer with a p e r f e c t time of 0:00:00. This means getting LOTS of balloons and not getting hit by a single bird. Getting a balloon shaves 3 points off the time, getting hit by a bird adds 3 points (even when you get hit, this delays Tidus for an added two seconds!).

Yuna - Moon
Weapon: Nirvana. You need to capture one of every fiend within the Calm Lands and the Monster Trainer will make a chest appear just by you that contains the weapon.
Crest: If you haven't already gotten this at the beginning of the game, this is the time to do so. Go to Besaid beach, near the docks, and go into the water. Just off to the right side, is a small area that has the chest.
Sigil: Defeat all eight of the aeons, including Yojimbo and Anima,
with Belgemine and she will give you the sigil once she has been sent.

Auron - Mars
Weapon: Masamune. First, you need to go to the bottom of the gorge just before the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (which is where you get Yojimbo), walk around and planted in front of a statue, is a Rusty Sword. Get this and return to the airship via the save sphere just before the cavern. Go to Mushroom Rock Road (don't go into the area where you had to go for Operation Mi'ihen!). Follow along the road that leads to Djose, and on the left side there'll be a place that you can go up with the floating rock (it should be marked green on your map), and there'll be a statue of Lord Mi'ihen. Examine it to place the Rusty Sword in front of him, and a glyph should appear behind him. Examine the glyph to get the weapon.
Crest: Return to the Mi'ihen Highroad. You get this at the very bottom (if you got knocked off by the chocobo eater, then you know where this is). At the exit where it leads to Mushroom Rock, go to the split road that goes south east. Keep following this until you come to a dead-end, which is past the save sphere. There should also be a small sphere on the ground here, pick that up as well. Open the chest to get the crest.
Sigil: This one is very time consuming. You need to capture 10 of every fiend in the game or 1 of each in ten areas. To better help with this, look for a guide for the Monster Arena.

Wakka - Jupiter
Weapon: World Champion. In order to get this, you've had to have played Blitzball. Win 5 games and go to the Luca cafe (which is where Tidus and Yuna went to search for Auron and where Kimahri got into the fight with Biran and Yenke). Speak to the girl at the counter to receive it.
Crest: There is a chest in the Besaid Aurochs's locker room that contains the crest.
Sigil: This is a random tournament or season prize. You have to have gotten all of Wakka's Overdrive Reels in order to get this.

Kimahri - Saturn
Weapon: Spirit Lance. Go to the Thunder Plains. You need to search the entire area for three glowing Qactuar stones. Press [] (Square), in front of them to pray to them. Once you've prayed to three, go to the southern area before the Travel Agency. Run around until you see a faint Qactuar ghost, follow it east to a broken lightning tower. Pray to the tower, by once again pressing square, and lightning will go crazy and destroy the tower, then you'll receive the weapon.
Crest: Find this on Mt. Gagazet after you fight Seymour. It's between two pillars, you can barely see the chest peeking out on the left side.
Sigil: Another difficult task. In order to get this, you need to complete the Butterfly Chases. To initiate it, you need to speak to the bird creature with the harp. He gives you an explanation. The first area is of course the one with the save sphere. The next two screens (following the normal path, not the crystal one), is where you can do the two minigames.
Here is a map for the butterfly chases:
http://i.imgur.com/Yvg6bEf.png

Lulu - Venus
Weapon: Onion Knight. As I said before, after you've beaten the fiend in the water at Baaj Temple, go underwater and search the sides until the screen alters to see the chest.
Crest: Return to Guadosalam and go to the Farplane. There's a chest in the round bit there that contains the crest.
Sigil: Here comes another time consumer and something more difficult (and tedious at that). Return to the Thunder Plains. Remember at the beginning when it said you can dodge lightning bolts? Yeah, be ready to do that a LOT. You need to dodge 200 lightning strikes consecutively. That's right. Without missing a single one. There's a spot that when you cross over it, there'll be a strike every time you approach. So that way, you know when to expect it and press ' X ' whenever it strikes. Here's a map of it.
http://i.imgur.com/WCKl6Dpl.jpg

Rikku - Mercury
Weapon: Godhand. If you don't already know, you can input passwords once you get the airship and access the list. Just click Input and put in the password, " G O D H A N D " and there'll be a spot that comes up you can go to. It's the secret spot beneath Mushroom Rock Road. Go to the very back to find the chest that contains the weapon.
Crest: In the third area (the one with the sandstorm), there's a Cactuar stone there off to the east that overlooks the sandstorm pit. Examine it to initiate the Cactuar Hide and Seek game. When you examine the stone, it gives you a hint as to where the hidden cactuar is. There's ten of them to find (bear in mind, this makes a great opportunity to catch ten of the cactuars for the Monster Arena capture!). Along with actually finding them, you have to play their game. You need to run when they're turned around, and stop when it says ' Needletime! ' or you can pay attention to his movements, I've found the latter much easier. Once you reach them, is when a battle initiates. Like I said, use this as an opportunity to capture them. As a side note, they're VERY elusive and hard to hit. Best option here is to bring Wakka in and have him hit hard, which hopefully you've bought a capture weapon for him. Also keep in mind, after you've beaten a cactuar, or even if you didn't win his game, you get a sphere. You need to bring that sphere back to the Cactuar stone, and get the next hint before going after another one. Here's a list of how to find all of them.
Cactuar #1: In the first area at the Oasis. Hard to miss.
Cactuar #2: In an alcove to the east, north of the tent with the Save Sphere. He should be running around.
Cactuar #3: There's a sign near the sandstorm, when you read it, there's small text about something being 20% off. There'll be a cutscene to where he appears.
Cactuar #4 & #5: Near the ruins to the east, look for two cactuars running around.
Cactuar #6: Near the second save sphere beneath the tent. Examine the save sphere and exit, there'll be a cutscene to where it appears.
Cactuar #7: In the central area, there's an area that comes to a point in the west with a treasure chest. Open the chest to reveal the cactuar.
Cactuar #8: Just west of the cactuar stone, there's a sand pool that has him in the middle. You must exit and re-enter the area because of a glitch.
Cactuar #9: Go back to the Oasis. There's a cutscene that'll have the cactuar warping up to the airship. Board the airship and go to the deck (where you had to go to fight Evrae before rescuing Yuna from Bevelle) and he'll be standing near the edge. Once you defeat him, he'll jump off the airship. Don't worry, once you go back to Sanubia, you'll have the sphere in hand.
Cactuar #10: Once you return to the stone, the last one will appear behind you automatically.
After doing all of this, the sandstorm disperses, therefore allowing you to go into the pit and get the chests. One of these contains the crest.
Sigil: In the northwestern part of the area in the desert, there's a chest here that contains it.

Alright, now that you have gotten all the weapons and their corresponding crests and sigils, now it's time to power them up. You do this the same way that you did the mirror in Macalania. Present the weapon and its crest and sigil to fully power it.

Moving on now, there's a couple more things to do. One of course is to capture ten of every fiend in every area to unlock all of the original creations, area conquests, and species conquests with the Monster Arena; and to defeat them if you can. There's many guides out there that can help you with the fiend capture or methods to defeating these tough fiends.

Another thing is to level up your characters. Best thing is to go to the Omega Ruins and level grind some of your characters until they at least hit hard enough to easily clean out the fiends here. Once you're at a decent enough level with some characters, that's when you can do the 'Don Tonberry/ Cactuar King' method. There's guides for this also floating around to help with that. So then, you can level them up, customize great armor and weapons, even complete the sphere grid to perfection (like deleting nodes and replacing them with spheres to get better stats, there's guides on this as well), and even max out the available aeons's stats! If you need money for bribing (which you will if you want certain items for customizing), use the Kottos gil making method. A quick search of that will bring up tutorials with that also. Once you can level yourself up to astonishing stats and make some of the best armors and all, that's the time to search out the Dark Aeons, assuming that you've purchased the HD Remaster version.

I know this probably didn't really help all that much, but I hope it did at least a little, even for some others looking for answers.
Good luck! :D

I am going to hate to say this but I suffer from OCD, and well my pain marty of Tidus, Auron, Wakka were all hitting for 9999 at that point. So for sin I literally cast haste, armour break and was just normal attacking him, I beat him before he even filled his overdrive bar. I hadn't used summons since getting Ixion the game can be pretty easy with frequent save points allowing you to grind it out. (Bevelle before seymour and Zanarkand before the trial).

I actually have a question on that part, doesn't have to really deal with battling Sin, just in general. Assuming that Lulu was one of the ones getting the effect, if she were to use her Overdrive Fury, would each of those attacks wield 9,999 as well? Does that also apply to Tidus's overdrives? I've never tried it, so that's why I was asking.

It applies to all attacks, no matter how insignificant! Lulu's overdrive will yield 9999 per hit, as will every hit of Tidus' Blitz Ace, any flurry mix of Rikku's, anything. It even applies to Yuna when she uses pray, for a free 9999 heal to the whole party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back