Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Chanteru Chandora
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Coming To PC, Xbox 360, PS3 And Wii U
- February 28, 2013

Following leaks earlier in the week, Ubisoft have officially announced Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, along with the game’s box art.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
will be released for the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. All versions of the game have the same box art, but the PlayStation 3 version’s box mentions 60 minutes of exclusive content.

ac4_ps3_thumb.jpg

Source: Siliconera

*~*~*~*

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer Leaked Online
- March 2, 3013

A trailer for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag has made its way onto the net. The trailer was accidentally leaked by a news outlet and subsequently taken down, but not before viewers managed to upload it to video sharing websites. Watch it below:

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is headed to the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and also to Sony’s recently announced PlayStation 4 console. The game is slated for release on October 29th.

*~*~*~*

I don't know about any of you, but I haven't beaten ACIII yet (barely started actually), so this seems pretty soon to me! xD I mean, the release date is literally a year later. Hopefully the quality of the game isn't impacted but such a short amount of development time. Maybe they had this planned longed before. And yay for PS3 exclusive content, hehe.

Last edited:
That traler :ohoho: Omg

So sexy. I do still need to catch up on the AC series though :( My backlog is just too big to get around to it.

Wow! :woot:

Assassin's Creed with pirates.

I'm very excited by this, if a little surprised. I guess I'd assumed that the next Assassin's Creed game would be another Connor game, just like Ezio had a couple of extra games. But this one is set earlier (about the time of Blackbeard the Pirate anyway - hence placing it during the classical romantic period of pirates in the caribbean) and the assassin we play as (presumably) is a different character entirely, a pirate one. The father of Haytham?

But, pirates! I loved the naval aspect of AC3, so I'm glad that it seems as if we'll be seeing more of that from the angle of a pirate.

As for the release, I'm less surprised by this. I almost expected the date to be a year since AC3. They've been pushing a new AC game out once a year now since ACII. What I didn't expect, I guess, was for it to be called ACIV and not just AC:Black Flag. It's still within the Connor-cycle of stories, even if it isn't actually about Connor, so I wonder why it has its own number in the title.

I liked BOATS in AC3 and ACIV is getting away from the shitty bland American colonies since it's further back so the game should be pretty to look at and fun to play. I'm just curious about if it's just going to be all about the assassins now because of the way AC3 ended.

[h=1]Assassin’s Creed IV Set In The Golden Age of Pirates, Will Have Blackbeard
- March 4, 2013
[/h]

Ubisoft have announced the first details for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. As previously reported, the game will feature a new hero and setting, and focuses on a story of pirates.

Assassin’s Creed IV’s story is set in the 18th century. Edward Kenway, a young British private for the Royal Navy, falls into piracy as the war between the major empires ends. Soon, Kenway finds himself part of an ancient war between templars and assassins, and journeys throughout the West Indies during the course of the game’s story. Ubisoft say Assassin’s Creed IV will feature infamous pirates like Blackbeard and Charles Vane, during a period known as the Golden Age of Pirates.

Assassin’s Creed IV will have “50 navigable locations” according to Ubisoft. The game has been in development for close to two years, and is being spearheaded by one of the Assassin’s Creed teams at Ubisoft Montreal. Providing support are Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebec, Singapore and Sofia.

Ubisoft have Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag planned for release on the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PlayStation 4 and “other next generation consoles”. The Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions will be available on October 29th in North America and November 1st in Europe.

*~*~*~*

So, the Golden Age of Pirates, eh? I guess it seems like a cool time period. I'd still like to see ninja assassins based in the samurai era of Japan for one of the future installments. I think it could work! xD; But in the meantime, this looks okay. Just curious about the next theme for ACV.

And I agree with Dionysos , I think AC: Black Flag might have been more appropriate. Off the bat, this game reminds me of ACIII because of the naval aspect, but perhaps the pirate theme/storyline can standalone as ACIV.

Assassin's Creed IV is looking to be interesting...though, unless the focus point is going to only be on Edward Kenway and not in 2012...I'll stop so as to not spoil people.

Feeling a bit meh about it to be honest. I loved AC2 because the series had a huge jump in quality but I think it's been going downhill since Revelations and I thought AC3 was utter shite. Assassin and characters with absolutely no charisma apart from Haytham, the cities were boring as fuck and lots of gimmicky gameplay.

However, I watched this interview and was encouraged by some of the things he said:

I really want the game to go back to it's roots where the stealthy assassinations were the most important part of the game, rather than running around in plain sight doing silly side quests.

Also, I can only assume that it's called AC4 because it has a new assassin.

and it's a good thing too because conor was pretty shit. I liked AC3 I guess but it still wasn't as good as it could've been. Better than bland as hell Revelations, though. The locations that have been shown so far also look a lot nice than the past 2 games.

For this game I hope that they work on the graphics for the sea.

I’m sure they will, with it being such a big thing for this game, but in AC3 is was noticeably quite poor. I took Connor to the Caribbean for a naval mission and I happened to look at the sea. There was no concept of the sea washing and back-washing from the shore or anything. It was just a pretty flat texture wobbling back and forth, and when it joined at the beach and the cliffs it was very noticeable to me. It was flowing in and out of the texture itself, with only the occasional 'splash' animation to signify that it was making contact with anything. With the beach it was running right into it, and did not have any foam / etc that you would expect for a shore.

I forgave it, but since this game will be primarily ocean / island based, it would be nice to see improved water graphics for the ocean itself and for the beaches, etc.

I'm sure they will.

Regardless, the game itself is set to be incredible.

PETA have complained about the whale-hunting but, alas, they misunderstand.

This game looks like it has serious potential. I love stuff that has to do with old British/ and/or pirates. So these last two games have been staring at me quite a bit.

Also ya hoo for Xbox edition! I don't know or care if the last one came out on Xbox. This one is! XD

Seriously it looks awesome. I'll definitely give it a look. Hopefully they do a demo when it's closer to release date.

While I do love pirates, I'm not a fan of this decision.

I haven't played AC3 yet, but from the little I've seen / heard of it, the game lacks from its focus on the Assassin allure. The lore, philosophical aspect of the Order seems to be absent entirely. Though it is understandable, considering the games focus on Connor and the state of the order in NA, but still. The Assassin's Creed games are all about the Assassin / Templat conflict, and I can't see the appeal with the historical relevance, neither that we have a pirate assassin now.

We'll see. But I'm skeptical.

Assassin's Creed 4: Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Leaked

Play as the popular pirate in multiplayer.

Future DLC for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will let you take control of Blackbeard in the game's multiplayer.
That's according to a new Trophy set posted last night on PS3Trophies. It reveals Blackbeard is set to become one of at least three new classes added to the title's multiplayer, alongside The Orchid and The Jaguar.

A Trophy called "Queen Anne's Revenge" can be unlocked by performing both an acrobatic and a gun kill in under ten seconds whilst in control of Blackbeard.
While the pack has yet to be officially confirmed or priced, we've reached out to Ubisoft to see if we can get any more information. It's likely that any future multiplayer DLC will beincluded in the game's Season Pass.

Also posted last night were the Trophies for the previously-announced DLC, Freedom Cry.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/assassins-creed-4-blackbeards-wrath-dlc-leaked

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry DLC dated for December

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry is the game’s first expansion, and the latest issue of Game Informer seems to have dropped the release date ahead of its official announcement.

assassins_creed_4_black_flag_freedom_cry1.jpg

As spotted by
Videogamer, an advert in GameInformer states that Freedom Cry will drop December 17:

Here’s an image of the advert.

As outed in these Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry PS3 Trophies the DLC will see players freeing slaves.

Note that the advert above lists the content for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Wii U and PC are absent. It appears that you’ll be playing as Adewale over a four hour mini-campaign.

We’ll have more details on the content as it comes. Are you eager to play it? Let us know below.

Via Eurogamer.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry DLC dated for December

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry is the game’s first expansion, and the latest issue of Game Informer seems to have dropped the release date ahead of its official announcement.

assassins_creed_4_black_flag_freedom_cry1.jpg

As spotted by
Videogamer, an advert in GameInformer states that Freedom Cry will drop December 17:

Here’s an image of the advert.

As outed in these Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Freedom Cry PS3 Trophies the DLC will see players freeing slaves.

Note that the advert above lists the content for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Wii U and PC are absent. It appears that you’ll be playing as Adewale over a four hour mini-campaign.

We’ll have more details on the content as it comes. Are you eager to play it? Let us know below.

Via Eurogamer.
Luckily, I'll have this expansion right away once it's released. It came with my version of the game, as did the Aveline DLC.

I'm curious to see how Adewale plays. Quite a compelling story to this DLC, from what I've read.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag gets first multiplayer DLC this week

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s first post-launch multiplayer DLC pack arrives with this week’s console update, bringing three new personas.

20131210_assassins_creed_4_black_flag.jpg

As we expected from a leaked trophy list
, the pack is called Blackbeard’s Wrath, and is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One this week, beginning with North American console updates on Tuesday; no word on a Wii U launch yet.

The pack adds three new characters for use in multiplayer, at leats two of which should be familiar to those who’ve thoroughly explored the single-player campaign:

• Blackbeard, wielding a sword and a short temper is not to be trifled with. His reputation as a feared pirate is justly received and his preferred kill moves include using his tremendous strength to throw his targets off balance and then quickly finishing them with one clean strike.
  • The Orchid, a Templar-friendly deadly assassin grew up in China, serving as a military advisor in the Quing dynasty where she honed her murderous skills. She executes opponents swiftly and gracefully with her katana, an extension of her mind and body.
  • The Jaguar, Cuali, an Aztec warrior from Mexico, took to the sea to fight against the Spanish conquest of Central America. A fighter, he survived the destruction of his community and joined forces with a growing contingency of native Templars who sought renewed peace and order. Driven by a mystical force, The Jaguar fights like his namesake, striking swiftly and quietly with his preferred weapon, a discreet axe.

Ubisoft also took the opportunity to remind us that it offers a Season Pass for Assassin’s Creed 4 DLC, which includes Blackbeard’s Wrath, the already-released Freedom Cry mission set starring first mate Adewale, the Kraken Ship Pack, weapons, skins, collectibles, and more upcoming single-player and multiplayer content.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-gets-first-multiplayer-dlc-this-week/#more-433665

Assassin’s Creed 4: Illustrious Pirates DLC out now, adds new single-player mission & more

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag players can download Ubisoft’s new Illustrious Pirates costume, single-player mission and Jackdaw DLC from today.

Assassins_creed_4_black_flag_illustrious_pirates_dlc.jpg

It follows reports that there’s not one but
two Assassin’s Creed games coming in 2014. Could one of them be Phoenix Rising?

The Ubisoft blog has been updated with details on the Illustrious Pirates DLC, which is free to season pass holders. It’ll run you $7 on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One otherwise.

It’ll hit Xbox formats today, then PlayStation and PC tomorrow. here’s what you get for your doubloons:

• Black Island – Single-player mission
  • The Black Ship
  • Captain Morgan’s Outfit, Picture and Title
  • Captain Morgan’s Silver Flintlock Pistols
  • Mystery Island – Single-player mission
  • Digital Illustrated Fable
  • Stede Bonnet’s Ship
  • Stede Bonnet’s Outfits
  • Other Multiplayer Items
  • Sacrifice Island – Single-player mission
  • Captain Drake’s Picture, Title and Relics – Multiplayer item
  • Captain Drake’s Swords and Pistols
  • Ivory Wheel – Decorative wheel for your ship
  • Iron Wheel – Decorative wheel for your ship
  • Discoverer Title and Picture – Multiplayer item
  • Astrolab Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Compass Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Cartographer Picture and Titler – Multiplayer item
  • German Rapier Swords
  • Spyglass Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Watch Title and Picture – Multiplayer item
Via Polygon.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Illustrious Pirates DLC out now, adds new single-player mission & more

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag players can download Ubisoft’s new Illustrious Pirates costume, single-player mission and Jackdaw DLC from today.

Assassins_creed_4_black_flag_illustrious_pirates_dlc.jpg

It follows reports that there’s not one but
two Assassin’s Creed games coming in 2014. Could one of them be Phoenix Rising?

The Ubisoft blog has been updated with details on the Illustrious Pirates DLC, which is free to season pass holders. It’ll run you $7 on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One otherwise.

It’ll hit Xbox formats today, then PlayStation and PC tomorrow. here’s what you get for your doubloons:

• Black Island – Single-player mission
  • The Black Ship
  • Captain Morgan’s Outfit, Picture and Title
  • Captain Morgan’s Silver Flintlock Pistols
  • Mystery Island – Single-player mission
  • Digital Illustrated Fable
  • Stede Bonnet’s Ship
  • Stede Bonnet’s Outfits
  • Other Multiplayer Items
  • Sacrifice Island – Single-player mission
  • Captain Drake’s Picture, Title and Relics – Multiplayer item
  • Captain Drake’s Swords and Pistols
  • Ivory Wheel – Decorative wheel for your ship
  • Iron Wheel – Decorative wheel for your ship
  • Discoverer Title and Picture – Multiplayer item
  • Astrolab Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Compass Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Cartographer Picture and Titler – Multiplayer item
  • German Rapier Swords
  • Spyglass Relic – Multiplayer item
  • Watch Title and Picture – Multiplayer item
Via Polygon.

That's quite a bit for $7. I do approve.

Us awesome season pass holders will be downloading this for free, though. :lew: I'm sure I won't make use of most of it, but it's good to know that I'll have it all. Haha.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition coming soon

Following the news that XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Civ:V will be receiving new complete editions in the next few months, GameKeysNow can reveal that Ubisoft’s pirate themed adventure Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will be getting the same treatment.

Titled Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition the bundle is set to release on 28th March 2014 for £49.99/ €59.99 SRP and will include:

• The full Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag game
  • The Death Vessel ship customisation pack
  • The Kraken Ship customisation pack
  • The Crusader & Florentine cosmetic pack
  • The Illustrious Pirates cosmetic pack
  • Blackbeard’s Wrath multiplayer pack
  • The new Guild of Rogues multiplayer pack
  • Freedom Cry DLC featuring over 3 hours of single player content as Adewale

As you can see its seems Ubisoft has bundled all the season pass content into one shiny box with the game
While we’ve only had confirmation of a PC release from our multiple sources presumably this edition will be available for consoles too.

You can preorder your copy now here

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/blog/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

Back