What are the chances that i just wasted my money?

Zeroxys

Blue Mage
Gil
Last black friday i got a ps3, for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only... FFX HD, and KHIII
with the announcement of the ps4 and 0 announcements for KHIII, what are the chances that you think KHIII will b made for the ps4? i think i might be screwed... :/

Id just like some imput and some feedback on what you think will happen

Well, I mean if you're going to buy a console specifically for a game, might want to make sure the game is, in fact, coming out.

I'm sure there are people who thought the same about Versus XIII...

First of all the FFX HD edition will be for the ps3 and the Vita so no worries there.

Second I don’t see how Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released for the ps3. The guy that is making FFXIII Versus has stated that he will not start on Kingdom hearts 3 before they are done with FFXIII Versus. I think that because there is a chance that versus will possibly be released for the ps4 (although it was intended for the ps3) that Kingdom hearts 3 will be on the ps4. Think of it this way: there's no way Kingdom Hearts III will be so much as considered until Final Fantasy Versus XIII is released.

In short I personally think that FFX HD will be on the ps3 and that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the ps4, that’s what I personally believe anyway.

Last edited:
With regards to KH3, I believe that it will be on the PS3. I don't know, I just feel as though they won't skip an iteration of the Playstation with regards to the series.

And Versus.....don't get me started there. It better come on the PS3.

not at all

there are so many great games on ps3. Fuck the ps4. When i think abut it the ps2 was absolutely brilliant and had so many great games. The ps3 doesnt have as much but theres no way you wasted your money. you have a world of great games ahead of you

I will say this, if you buy a whole system just for 1 or 2 games and refuse to buy any other games... yeah you wasted your money even if you do get those games...

Like Lew said, there are so many good games out their for the PS3, you just have to look for them.

Honestly, I feel you get more out a system from the games you didn't originally want to get, then got and enjoyed rather than your hyped games for that system:

I got a PS3 to play MGS4 and Assassin's Creed. Those two certainly aren't my favourite games on the system though.

You also got the system on the tail end of it's generation: the gems are definitely shining and you'll be able to get so many great game series for a percentage of the price. Honestly- you didn't waste your money at all.

well obviously ive gotten more games for the ps3 instead of waiting (infamous series and god of war series so far) and i also plan on getting games that r only ps3 specific and not comming to 360, but i pretty much only got it for kh3 and FFXHD. but i appreciate all the feedback and you all make valid points, but your right.. if versus goes to the ps4.. i quit sony. versus was announced going on like 4 years ago :*( IIRC. CMON MAN!

will the ps4 be backward compatable? that's about the worst thing they could have ever taken away with the PS3 :hmph:

@Bambi no, not really:

Sony got Gaikai on board and they have promised that the ps4 will be able to play ps1 ps2 and ps3 that you download from the Gaikai. Here is the thing that can become a catch with Gaikais Cloud gaming, it's literarily downloadable stream gaming and could mean that although you get to play ps1, ps2 and ps3 tittles on the ps4 it does not mean that you get to play the those that you already own. It will give you a bigger new psn (in a sense) where you can buy and download older tittles. This sucks in my opinion as backwards compability literarily means to be able to play the games you already own for a previous console on a new console.

You can't put your ps3 discs in the ps4 and play. Your dualshock controler cannot be used for the ps4, and all the content you have downloaded from PSN to the PS3 will not be transferd to the PS4.

Last edited:
Yeah chances of KHIII coming out to the PS3 are pretty much zero at this point. FFX HD will be released though, question is when. Square seem to be holding extremely tight on any kind of information about their games for some reason.

I firmly believe myself that Versus will still be a PS3 release, perhaps together with a PS4 version of it. That game (and to some extent FFXIII) was the main reason I myself bought a PS3 years ago. But I knew I would enjoy other games and now I don't regret buying one even if Versus never sees the light of day. There are many fine games out there on the PS3 as people said.

Back