FF Dimensions

Addicted2INK

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I just downloaded the game to my Android HTC Evo 3D. I have less than an hour gameplay, but am disappointed so far. Does any one else think the graphics look like a FF fan made game? The character, objects, and backgrounds are all really clear, but the characters especially look really... I don't know, off? The backgrounds and enemies I have seen so far seem pretty cool, but the party and characters in the game look weird to me. Definitely different from tradition 2D FF characters, which isn't necessarily the problem.

The story so far seems really generic and character development seems forced. How each character has been introduced in to the party are very generic and unoriginal. It is early so the story does have a chance to get better, but just critiquing the introduction so far.

Anybody know what I mean? I tried to explain the best I could, but I can't even get an exact explanation to myself what it is that is off with the game to me. The text even is even off. It isn't the old school style text FF usex. It looks like it is being typed in Word with arial 10 pt font rather then the Notepad style text.

Anybody with m on this? Does the game get better? it got tons of good reviews on Google Play. Which isn't always the best to use as a guide, but it got better/as good reviews as the other Square games on Google Play.

I am enjoying the game, ive played ff3, ff4, ff5, and ff6. It seems pretty close. I do find it dissapointing on how smal the sprites are at times, but overall its a fun and great game.

The games character development does seem a bit forced for certain characters such as Alba and Sol but everyone else seems great.

Its fun, i didnt expect the best just good quality. And its not as linear as many make it out to be, you have several optional dungeons. Being a summoner works wonders in the game. Overall tgeir too swept up in the moment to fully grasp their cjaracter. Its a good throw back..

I give it a 8/10 for me. Overall focus on the good aspects. You focusing on the wrong things. By episode 2 you will get stuck.

I am enjoying the game a lot more now that I am farther in. I definitely love the older style, sprite FF games, and this does compare fairly to the others. The second team you use story seems better to me. I was just really criticizing the small stuff; the sprite graphics, font. Again, besides like you said them being small, the first characters really only look weird to me now, especially the first main. His chest is like really pushed forward or something I can't pin point. The sprites are just too smooth looking to be the old style game. It is just different I guess. Another thing I find mildly annoying is the continuation of text from one line to the next. It just flows to the next line splitting the word wherever.

Another thing I am pretty disappointed in is that once you get jobs you don't see the outfit changes anywhere but the battle screens. You only see the characters in the original outfits on the maps, towns, and even on the menue screen. Pretty lame.

meh...that doesnt bother me one bit...also i do prefer some of the original version came out on japanese feature phone. such as black mages being completely colored. not only that but similar to final fantasy v, the mastered job would have three stars above. but overall its still entertaining, it has a very unique class such as memorist that im falling for.

V is my favorite for the 2D FFs.

I haven't played the original. Can you get it on Androids? Or is it on anything besides Japanese phone.

And eh, that bothers me so much (not seeing job outfits on maps, etc), but to each their own. Everyone has there expectations and pet peeves. I think it is cause I love the games that you can change the jobs, and seeing the characters in the different costumes is part of the enjoyment for me. I also like to change the first character in the row regularly so I can run around with them.

V is my favorite for the 2D FFs.I haven't played the original. Can you get it on Androids? Or is it on anything besides Japanese phone.And eh, that bothers me so much (not seeing job outfits on maps, etc), but to each their own. Everyone has there expectations and pet peeves. I think it is cause I love the games that you can change the jobs, and seeing the characters in the different costumes is part of the enjoyment for me. I also like to change the first character in the row regularly so I can run around with them.
It doesnt bother me because i like battles and i see those outfits in battle mode. I think you shouldnt allow that thing to bother you so much. Plus the world map isnt what impresses me the most.The original version never made it to iphone/android. Its similar to the design of ff1 and ff2 when they were remade for PSP and GBA. You could also say that it fell with the same fate as ff3 as it never came to the US until they made the 3D remake. Heres a couple images of the original. If SE decides to allow an option to change the design, then that would be just cake to me. Because theres already an option to change the music to the original (doesnt change much but still sounds like 16-bit music)

s114_wBW2UDMQfws7XapFt2oijiKMj361k185.jpg
img_2_b.jpg

Overall i enjoy it and its very difficult. I personally love how intergrated certain jobs are such as Memorist allowing you to customize your stats by searching for memories and Dancer unlocking secret dances by going to previous bars and dance. Its still enjoyable, i have personal issues with it myself such as certain monster designs and such, and it annoys me as much as not being able to see the job on the world map, but....its just too many personal tidbits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the original. Speaking of the music, is that what the Chiptune BGM is (the Original option)?

I haven't gotten to the point of a memorist or dancer. That does sound cool though. I am only on chapter 1, right when you get the first airship. I rarely play it I use it for pass time when I only have my phone for entertainment. I am starting to get into it a lot more and actually sitting down to play it more than 5 min at a time.

Yes thats the options for the BGM. Also i highly recommend reviewing the game 2 episodes in.

I know what you mean not reviewing the game until later because it does become a lot better as you get into it, which is the case with most games especially RPGs. That's why I said I had little time into the game and I was just pointing out little things that bothered me which aren't going to change. Basically just nit picking lol. I definitely wasn't trying to give the game a bad review. And more than anything pointing out how to me it had a very different feel then other FF 2D originals, which like I said wasn't necessarily bad. But again yes I agree the story has gotten progressively better as well as the in game features you have pointed out.

Quick question, do you know how the job levels increase? Is it like 3, the number of turns in battle is what raises it, or something else? I kind of like the challenge of needing job points to raise the allowed level kind of like they did in XIIIs crystarium system.

*Edit: I just noticed too that on the battle screen when a character gets KOed they lose their job outfit and lay there in their original outfit. Just figured I'd mention it since I have been complaining about the job outfits lol.

Last edited:
Thats the most you can level up the job's capacity. There are JLV points throughout the story. You basically set new limits. The first playthrough is a limit ammount but beating the game, you get unlimited ammount.

Try not to confuse them with AP where it fills the capacity that is already given.

For example: i max the lv of "Dragoon" to up to 10, so instead of it being "3/3" its now "3/10" and the more you fill it up, the more abilities you unlock and once you unlock them you can use them regardless of what job that character has.

Yea I know all that but what causes your job level to rise. So if the characters job level is 3/10, what raises the 3 not the 10 which is the job level poits.

Like in FF 3 your job level rises with every certain number of turns in battle (attack, defend, etc). Like usually if you do five battle turns that characters job level raises. But each characters battle turns count only on themselves not the whole team. So like if the last person in your team never gets a turn because you beat your opponents to quick then their level won't rise.

Yes but not every character needs to take a turn, the only thing neccessary is to survive in order to fill the AP point parameter. And you get too choose which job you want to level up the most.

I thought this was a rather fun one, considering it's been so long since I touched a FF game. Kinda tempted me to get a GBA emulator on my phone just to play some of the older series that aren't on Android. I thought the job system in this game was kinda annoying for having restricted us via the Job Points that were only allocated at specific points in the game.

[spoilers]That, and also the fact that only certain classes were available to certain characters. I would so love to have any of the Warriors of Darkness master the Memorist class. Seriously, that class is pretty overpowered when you get all those memories to allocate. I have yet to collect all, but with 100 to Strength, 80 to Speed, and 40 to Vitality... Man, that one character with Recollect has essentially got two turns in battles to do powerful normal physical attacks.[/spoilers]

On to the other point, is the game having made two separate parties for the purpose of the plot. These two separate parties level up separately, get items separately, get armors and weapons separately... Which is very annoying for me, especially since I have the habit of grinding levels. I could spend quite a bit of time leveling my characters up as well as their job classes (which at the time I didn't realize was limited). Then suddenly, I'm forced to play the other party, and I have to grind levels again so I'm not suddenly doing so little damage (compared to the other party).

Still, I think the story was pretty good. There seems to be plenty of references to previous Final Fantasies. Both in the settings and also the dialogue.

I thought this was a rather fun one, considering it's been so long since I touched a FF game. Kinda tempted me to get a GBA emulator on my phone just to play some of the older series that aren't on Android. I thought the job system in this game was kinda annoying for having restricted us via the Job Points that were only allocated at specific points in the game.

[spoilers]That, and also the fact that only certain classes were available to certain characters. I would so love to have any of the Warriors of Darkness master the Memorist class. Seriously, that class is pretty overpowered when you get all those memories to allocate. I have yet to collect all, but with 100 to Strength, 80 to Speed, and 40 to Vitality... Man, that one character with Recollect has essentially got two turns in battles to do powerful normal physical attacks.[/spoilers]

On to the other point, is the game having made two separate parties for the purpose of the plot. These two separate parties level up separately, get items separately, get armors and weapons separately... Which is very annoying for me, especially since I have the habit of grinding levels. I could spend quite a bit of time leveling my characters up as well as their job classes (which at the time I didn't realize was limited). Then suddenly, I'm forced to play the other party, and I have to grind levels again so I'm not suddenly doing so little damage (compared to the other party).

Still, I think the story was pretty good. There seems to be plenty of references to previous Final Fantasies. Both in the settings and also the dialogue.
The problem with job level and job points wasnt annoying, just that you found out job leveling a little late. Job level grinding isnt that bad. It would be over powering to offer that much freadom (early in the game)

The separate parties is great too. You can still level grind as long as you dont progress the story, but level grinding will get hard as you max out as you wont have access to strong monsters. Even then the leveling is quite close, the difference bettween the two parties level is 5-8 depending on how good you are.

Even then it wont matter much, te idea is to make both parties equal. You cant hate where the gameplay elements for making sense.

you get used to it.

I just ran into a glitch I think. During the dark knight segment after you meet the dwarves and you have to go threw the cave right after you leave the town.

When you go into the cave you see these sparkling rocks when you get them they say you picked up ore, pebble and something else. There are 3 different ones in the first room. Well after I grabbed 2 I just closed out my app without saving.

When I load my file I start infront of the cave where I last saved. I go into the cave and the chests aren't opened as usual cause I didn't save but the sparkling rocks aren't there. So I grab the third one and close my app without saving.

I load my file again and the chests arent opened as usual and sure enough the last rock isn't there either.

Can someone tell me what these are used for? I can't imagine (I hope) they aren't critical items to the game.

It is so weird that they auto save that they were picked up and aren't there but they dont auto save in your items. So what happens if I play a new game will they not be there? I am assuming they will be but I don't understand at all how this could happen.

I didn't save so why aren't they there?!

Also to my original posting complaining about things like text running to next line. I noticed there are typos like kenpogi instead of kenpo gi.

I figure that they did this stuff on purpose to add nostalgia because of old games when they were translated to English there would be typos and translation mistakes. I think the running text and kenpogi typos were purposely done for that reason.

The rocks are placed at random in the dungeon. Sometimes when you revisit the dungeon, you will see them again. They are used for the blacksmith in dwarve village to forge a weapon. Their not that necessary.

I don't really understand the issues. When you return to autosave the items you last picked up in that room are not picked up unless you proceed to the next room.

I m currently playing this game and am having a lot of fun with it. It is actually possible to view characters in their class outfit in the menu screen if you hit the change button but it isn't a permanent setting.
Played up to the part with the dancer not really understanding how to get summons. I didn't explore as much as I should have. Now I have to go back and find the ones I've missed.
i like the class leveling system with this one. I just wonder about what combos make what fusion abilities.

I m currently playing this game and am having a lot of fun with it. It is actually possible to view characters in their class outfit in the menu screen if you hit the change button but it isn't a permanent setting.Played up to the part with the dancer not really understanding how to get summons. I didn't explore as much as I should have. Now I have to go back and find the ones I've missed.i like the class leveling system with this one. I just wonder about what combos make what fusion abilities.
go to previous areas and youll see optional dungeons. each dungeon has an eidolon to battle. the moogles around give hints to where they are. its usually easier to find these eidolons after you beat an episode. but if youre stuck on a boss then might be good to get them anyways to help level grind.

Back