What inspired your current username?

My character name was inspired by The brother of Edgar from Final Fantasy 6,Sabin.

Mine is lifted straight from the movie series The Expendables. I also used the name as an online alias for a spell in the past.

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood :lew:

I just started watching the anime a while back and it's such an amazing show :jess: I said well, i'll fan-girl the series and change my username because, why not? :monster:

Final Fantasy IX inspired my username. It's General Beatrix. General. Fucking. Beatrix.
She's easily my favorite female character in any video game. Ever. I love her. I love how she grows and changes throughout the game, I love how badass she is, everything about her character just pulls me in. :melody:

Rowe is the surname of a family from something I've been writing. So I figured, "Why not?" Picked it as a username.

Cho Eunjung is this "kawaii Korean girl" who is the main OGN interviewer for League of Legends Korea. :ari:

I'm learning Korean so I've been watching a lot of Korean gaming shows as a supplement to textbooks and such.

I was at school one day (must have been back in... 2007 maybe) and my friend comes up and says that we should play Halo online together. I didn't have an Xbox Live account but the idea sounded cool so as soon as I got home I tried to make one. To put it simply: "random" = my inability to come up with something more random at the time, and "rosso" is just a play on my name (Played a lot of sport and people would call me that). I just put two and two together.

So yeah, nothing too special. But I use it pretty much everywhere nowadays :wacky:

one shiva isn't enough, multiple shivas, a whole lot of 'em: heaven.

Mine was inspired by the most babe-ilicious princess ever. Her Majesty's alias seemed very fitting, and so Dagger I shall be. I really don't see myself changing it any time soon.

I was just putting random letters together and pronouncing them to myself. Came up with A-Yen and stuck with it for years. The obvious pun didn't even occur to me until many years later.

I use cinvowell because basically it's my name - 3 letters from my first name and my last name. It's ironic really because except for a couple people, I hated when anyone would shorten my name and call me "Cin". I've never used anything else or even thought of using anything else. I guess taking in everyone else's creative handles it must make me quite boring.

What inspired me to chose my username is because I like to spent time playing card games when I am bored. Since Setzer Gabbiani is a gambler and loves to play card games, I found it to be the perfect username for me since we both have one thing in common. He is also my favorite character in Final Fantasy VI so that's why I decided to go with this username.

I used DaggerTribal on a set of forums I used to belong to eons ago when I was 12 or something, lol! I thought I was being creative like 'Oh, Dagger from IX marries Zidane, and now she's Dagger Tribal!' Such creativity.

Anyway, it's kind of my first default username to use, kind of like an old cringy password that you know you'll never forget so you continue to use it. Most people who don't get the connection in my name seem to always assume I'm a man. Probably a man who collects tribal knives. :hmmm:

I'm not very creative with names, so I've stuck with pretty much the same one since I was in high school (with small variations here and there).

Basically, it started as more of a password which came about because Charmander was my favourite starter Pokemon. Then, when I was in a forum ages ago, I couldn't come up with any cool username so I just kind of shortened it and used it. And thus 'charmy' came to be :P

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I used DaggerTribal on a set of forums I used to belong to eons ago when I was 12 or something, lol! I thought I was being creative like 'Oh, Dagger from IX marries Zidane, and now she's Dagger Tribal!' Such creativity.

Anyway, it's kind of my first default username to use, kind of like an old cringy password that you know you'll never forget so you continue to use it. Most people who don't get the connection in my name seem to always assume I'm a man. Probably a man who collects tribal knives. :hmmm:

Since 12?! I wonder how you were like at that age. 😂 I can’t imagine being in a forum that young! My first internet interaction with someone online was sooooo cringe, I can’t even... anyway, I was 12, so your post triggered a ‘yikes’ memory!

For some reason, I automatically assumed you were female! Normally females would come up with a name which seems to suggests a marriage unity between two FF characters. That was my thought process anyway!

I think I’ve already posted here (too lazy to check) but my username is from an anime. 🙈 I just stuck with it because people started calling me “Mits” and “Suki” (back then this was a lot more common) and I think I was more attached to the short nicknames than the actual username itself. Funny how that works. If I were to change my username now, I’m positive people would still call me “Mits”.

Last edited:
way back in the mists of time I played this one online pvp game with gundams called Exteel. Wanting a cool sounding name to 1) make me feel cool and 2) mask my gender in what was at the time a sexist mmo climate, I looked up names of tanks n other heavy military tech. I almost went for Panzer-something, but then I saw Bandkanon, which starts with a B and is thus perfect as a stand-in for my real name. Long story short, I actually found a squad that I could really feel comfortable with and even had a couple other females in it, turned out to be their best healer/sniper combo, and got the nickname 'Band-Aid' which i sometimes wish I'd switch to.

Exteel is gone now, and I've parted ways with those friends, but it still left a positive impression and a name that I don't think I'd be able to separate myself from any time soon.

.....And then I got silly and started pronouncing it like an anime villain. Hence the additional 'o' in the middle.

And that's my story.

Back