What inspired your current username?

I joined as Iris, as in the goddess of the rainbow (I was a real mythology nut) back in '08. I got tired of it and decided to change it. I was walking home one day and I saw a coconut tree so I thought of the name and became Coco. Stuck with it all this time. No meaningful story here. :wacky:

Although I did change briefly to Prinsesa which is a word from my native language. I missed being Coco though, so I reverted.

At first glance, it may look like I got the name Red Wizard from Final Fantasy 1, where the Red Mage becomes the Red Wizard. However, it actually comes from Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, and I was playing as the Red Wizard when I was registering on this forum.

Uhh, I don't really know exactly. I first changed to this a few years ago and my memory doesn't stretch back that far. :hmmm:

If I were to guess, it's probably because I just wanted something that sounds pretentious, posh and umm, uhh, pretty I suppose. And I've more or less stuck with it since. Or it could be because of the character Fleur Pillager from Louise Erdrich's 'Tracks' novel, who's basically a femme fatale. Yeah, probably that. I have vague recollections of reading it years ago.

Admins, can you add "Pillager" to my username now, pl0x?

I actually had lots of changes in mind. One day I just felt like playing Xenogears over and I realized that I did not even buy it on psn yet. Weeks ago I bought Xenogears on psn and of course it was my replay that inspired me to have this username. I always liked Elhaym from Xenogears the most out of all the characters because I felt she was really interesting. Originally I just wanted "Elhaym" but I felt like adding her full name would be awesome. My replay brings lots of memories back and I am continuing at it slowly but surely. I also realized she seems to be the original idea that they inspired Nephilim from Xenosaga off of.

I also love her name and that explains why I did not want "Elly" for short. :hmmm:

I been using my name for a very long time, different forums of course.
Mephiz is a diminutive, with a changed S into Z of Mephistopheles.

It first appeared as a Demon in German literature Fausto.

I saw a picture of Gackt naked and thought it was hilarious. It reminded me a little bit of a crap Action Man and could easily envisage a Mattel logo where his beef thermometer should be. Not that that's an image I particularly want to explore any further. Since I've been told having a picture of naked Gackt on here is a no no I'll have to think of something else sooner rather than later as I feel the name alone loses something.

I was just reminiscing on Kingdom Hearts and how epic the battle against Xemnas is in both KH2 and 3D. Then I glomped his printed out picture and decided to change my username to Xemnas. :awesome:

I wanted it without the period at the end, but someone took that name already. :sad3:

Just pretent the period doesnt exist. :mokken:

Izanagi from Shin Megami Tensei Series.

He was kinda cool in design and especially his final form. I love the trenchcoat combination.

Last edited:
My current name came from an episode of Psych. Tim Curry starred as Nigel St. Nigel, a judge on a show that was a parody of American Idol.

I was Robot Santa for Christmas this year and last year which came from Futurama.

The name I had for a while before that was Ilyena, which is a song by The Mars Volta. It's my favorite song on their album The Bedlam in Goliath.

I just recently changed my username actually. For the longest time I have been known as Namine on here which was pretty much me using the name from Kingdom Hearts II. Now it is Ayatai which I made up myself quite a few years ago. And now lately I've acquired the nickname Aya by some of my closest friends and then some. :)

Artemisia is the Italian version of Ultimecia's name (Arutimishia is her Japanese name). It is also the name of the plant from which you get wormwood and mugwort. Artemisia is also the name of several famous queens in history, one of which built the Mausoleum as a monument to her dead husband (Artemisia II of Caria).
I use the name firstly because I think it is beautiful and has a romantic history, as well as belonging to my favourite sorceress in VIII.

Lets see Im ShadowStar Mila everywhere I go,my Gamertag,here,other forums (well this is my only one now) youtube and real life i get called it since people are used to seeing it online. my Real name Mila Davis I think is special since I dont too many people have my name except for Mila kunis and Milla Jovavich so Im kind of honered. what I decided to do was I wanted to add something just with my real name to make it like I have a special title or something. For the longest time Ive been wanting to be a "star" everyone knows how serious I am when it comes to wrestling so people cheered me on to get "superstar" status. Now that Im starting to get into the buissness I thought why not a "Rising Star". But I came up with something better I heard one of the theme songs from bleach is rolling star by yui. loved the song so i made it my theme and thought about calling myself "Mila The Rolling Star" by this point its obvious I want star in my name. So where does the Shadow come from. Im not Gothic or Emo but I do like the darkness, my favorite types of magic is dark/shadow when it comes to games. I usually keep my lights in my room off cause I dont have the need for light. So I combined that with Star to get "ShadowStar" and add it to my real name "ShadowStar Mila" and we have a winner, I dont think ill everbe known as anything else excpt for Fang and being alled Yuffie (nicknames alot of people give me since those 2 are my favorite characters lol)

Well I had this username a while back, and have recently(ish) changed back to Sprout. I can't really remember why I chose it...I think someone called me a wee sprout or something in the SB and it stuck lol.

I do quite miss the "Sir" part though. Sir Sprout was special :sad2:

I was lazy when I thought of 'MasterX'. For some strange reason, that's the only one I've managed to come up with. X is such an obvious letter. 'Master' is such a cliché epithet. I'm a terrible person. And, bad news, I have no intention of changing it. Witty names don't suit me. :P

i am the marquis of granby - the pub that rides a horse.

i am agile and have a strong spirit.

a man once struck me 3 score times with his sword and still i stood.

:pooley:

I have been dknight on various websites for about 10 years. it is actually a name that was inspired by squall partially. I wanted something to do with knight when i first began going on forums because he was the sorceress' knight. The D can stand for many things depending on how you want to interpret it. I first chose it for the most obvious reason. Dark Knight.

Back