Help Tetra Master bugged?

Xaromir

Gil
I've started playing FF9 again, and i'm a little obsessed with (and upset about) Tetra Mast. By now i'm not that sure anymore if it's a bug or meant to be like that. Somehow, it seems random which card wins. For example, my currently best card, a 3P33 Grand Dragon was beaten by a 0M00 Goblin. What the hell? Personally i find it really frustrating and annoying when these things happen.

Does anyone know what i can do about that, or is it a bug? Also: What does X actually do? It's supposed to be M and P combined, but X cards seem to lose more often than P or M card.

I can't say much about it because I never liked it for exactly this reason. A big part of the game is random, even when your card is better in every way than the card it's up against, there's always going to be a chance that it will lose. The better your card the less chance, but because of it still being random there's never a guarantee. I think it's because the game is meant to show two cards battling, and in a battle the strongest one and the one who should win doesn't always. Also, I don't know what X means, and I'm pretty sure when I tried to find out about it nobody else knew either.

It's not a bug. It's shit design. There are like 2 or 3 random factors thrown in that decide the winning card. If you don't want me to bother you with details I'll just tell you that even a card with a 0 value can win a card with an F value which is the strongest one.

Edit: Oh and X means that the first value of the card (the number before the letter) will challenge the weakest defense number (the numbers after the letter) of the defending card. There's also an A letter which means that the attacking card will take the strongest value on the card and challenge it to the weakest value of the defending card.

That's really sad, but i can see why they did that, the tactic of the AI is rather poor, but with a good AI and less luck-dependency, this could have beaten Triple Triad. I really like the way this game flows a lot. Well, that's a damn shame, i guess. :/

I do! I actually save after every new or important card i get, but it's ab it of a pain, the only Moogles seem to be in the trade district, and in the palace. I think the Moogles are amazing, but to this day i do not understand why they wouldn't let you save freely, it's obviously technically possible.

Back