[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jones and me
Tell each other fairy tales
And we stare at the beautiful women
She's looking at you
Ah, no, no, she's looking at me

A Miracle - Chevelle (listen here)

So, sad thing. I loath this album. Yeah, it sucks. It's their worse, if not the worse album of the year, mainly because as Chevelle, they always do better than this so for them to put out such a gimmick-y, cookie cutter, radio-friendly album after nearly 20 years, I'm disgusted. They're absolutely better than this and I can't believe they published this shit just to make quick cash, and it ended up failing. :grin: I mean, it sounds like shit 30 seconds to mars would play... and I'm not talking about their two good albums.

However, this song... this beautiful gem is the absolute saving grace on this album. Before I could listen to it, everyone kept telling me that if I heard this song it would change my mind about the album. Well, it didn't change my mind about Chevelle's first shit album, but it did give me a glimmer of hope that the real Chevelle that I've loved since I was--what, 14-- is still in there somewhere. This song is so damn good, I'm going to buy the album. Seriously, it's worth enduring the shit on this CD just to hear this song.

This song is one of Pete's best creations, from the top to the bottom of the song. Start to finish.

It's almost like a lullaby for me. Although it's got this hard chorus towards the end, it lulls me to sleep... and not in a "I'm bored" way, either. It just feels... peaceful, despite all the deep drumming and intense vocals. But at the same time, I can imagine this song playing to ready a fight/battle scene, too. It's just all kinds of emotions. It's peaceful, it's primal, and it has this sense of conclusion... whatever conclusion that may be.

Just an absolute amazing song that stirs a great deal of emotion in me. Especially since I just keep thinking about how much my dad would have loved this song.

Eh, anyway. Please go and listen. It's a great listen.

How can I ever change things that I feel?

So my boss officially resigned today. Sort of directionless, so this song came to mind and I'm at an impasse.

Lyrics:

Nature, nurture heaven and home
Sum of all, and by them, driven
To conquer every mountain shown
But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own
Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel, what have I done?
I've faced the quakes, the wind, the fire
I've conquered country, crown, and throne
Why can't I cross this river?

Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns
A whole lot more than riches and muscle
The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

Nature, nurture heaven and home
Sum of all, and by them, driven
To conquer every mountain shown
But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own
Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel, what have I done?
I've faced the quakes, the wind, the fire
I've conquered country, crown, and throne
Why can't I cross this river?

I blast this extended mix while I'm either getting dressed or soaking in a bubble bath.

Wud recommend.​

I've been listening to a lot of 90s hip hop recently. It's been 20 years since the murder of 2Pac and Biggie (some months after), who were killed at the ages of 25 and 24 respectively. As a kid you don't realise how young that is until you're grown. Makes me feel old.

Say Hey (I Love You), Michael Franti & Spearhead

I've been a lot of places all around the way
I've seen a lot of joy and I've seen a lot of pain
But I don't want to write a love song for the world
I just want to write a song about a boy and a girl

Put to rest what you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty
So let mercy come and wash away
What I've done

How long has my soul been hiding?
For now I have been brought to
Silence in the faintest light
I don't know if I belong here
But in this this beauty I am mesmerized
I no longer feel the fear
Forget my battles;
They are long gone now
I am under the spell
Of the angel's sound

Flying High, by Jem

I think I first heard this when I binged through Grey's Anatomy a while ago. (Don't judge me. Haha.)

But I'm flying so high
High off the ground
When you're around
And I can feel your high
Rocking me inside
It's too much to hide

Been stuck in my head all night. Haha :sad3:

Also why is an Australian artist's music video on their Youtube account blocked in Australia. Pfffft.

This song makes me wanna go for a run. But it's almost midnight and I'm cold. How frustrating.

Don't change for you
Don't change a thing, for me

Centuries, by Fall Out Boy

And just one mistake
Is all it will take
We'll go down in history
Remember me for centuries

AHH the memories of feeling like a badass playing this on heavy n drawing a crowd at Timezone lmao.

One of my fave DDR songs.

I don't even know

Such a dorky film clip, haha. The thing she does at the end with her eyes is weird. I like it xD

I always listen to this whenever it's raining outside, dunno when it started to become a habit.

anyways, thom yorke is a genius.

And the dust's in your eyes,
and in your hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back